forum 🇳​🇴​🇧​🇴​🇩​🇾​ // 🇴​🇳​🇪​-🇴​🇳​-🇴​🇳​🇪​ // 🅒 🅛 🅞 🅢 🅔 🅓
Started by @blue_topaz
tune

people_alt 38 followers

@Toxic_Persephone group

“You can trust me, Noah! Just as you mentioned before, I’m too sheltered to harm you. Besides, I take no joy in the pain of others. Especially rude, charming chimneysweeps.” She flashed him a polite smile, glancing down at her window. She had to position herself right or would have to face a rather uncomfortable drop.”

@blue_topaz

Noah, shooting her a dubious look, dipped so easily into a one-armed cartwheel from one smokestack to another, one would think it came as naturally as breathing. “Mmhm…”

@Toxic_Persephone group

Arabella applauded his graceful cartwheel, leaning back. Something held her back. She didn’t want to leave quite yet. “I don’t understand why you don’t believe me. Would you rather me tie my hands behind my back to show you I am not one but dangerous?” She huffed. Of course she wouldn’t let him tie her up, however. She still had to look out for herself.

@blue_topaz

"It's your roof, like I said, you can do whatever you want." A smirk tugged at his lips, visible even under the dim light of the moon.

@Toxic_Persephone group

She pouted, folding her arms over her chest. His smirk sent a slight wave of annoyance through her mind. “Is that a yes to leaving you alone?” She leaned her head back, looking at the stars. “Honestly, I’m confused.”

@blue_topaz

“Like I said,” he repeated slowly, hopping down from his smokestack and mirroring her position. “You can do whatever you like. But…” His lips twisted thoughtfully. “I suppose I don’t mind the company.”

@Toxic_Persephone group

Arabella sighed, audibly confused. He didn’t make any sense to her. The way he spoke was strange too. “I suppose I’ll stay up here for a moment longer. However much you confuse me.” Either way she could enjoy speaking with him. If he was annoyed by her, she’d get the pleasure of knowing she annoyed him. “Do you spend all night cleaning?”

@blue_topaz

"Mhm," Noah hummed in the affirmative, sitting cross-legged on the ceramic roof tiles beneath him. "I do. Do you spend all night speaking to strange boys?"

@Toxic_Persephone group

She snorted - a very unladylike sound. “None so strange as you.” She teased, giggling softly into her hand. “I’d say you’re the strangest of them all.”

@blue_topaz

He arched an eyebrow. "So you do speak to many strange boys?" The smoke at his feet slowed, spreading into a lazy circle. "Or am I the first?"

@Toxic_Persephone group

She bit her lip and leaned back on her hands. “Do you count the sons of large businessmen as strange?” Her eyes glittered. “You’re the first in my mind.”

@blue_topaz

"The sons of large businessmen do not count," he snorted, rubbing absentmindedly at his cheekbone. "And I'm not sure what to say to that. I'm honoured, I suppose?"

@Toxic_Persephone group

Arabella could hardly hold back the laughter she was suppressing. “Mmhm! Which means our meeting is special. You’re the very first person to not go through my father to speak with me. You should be honored.”

@blue_topaz

"Right…" Noah muttered. "That…. alright. I'm honoured, in that case. You've never spoken to any…. urchins before?"

@Toxic_Persephone group

She shook her head, smiling. She seemed a little ditzy. “Not once. You’re my first urchin!” She said proudly. It was something for her to be excited over.

@Toxic_Persephone group

Arabella shifted again, as if she couldn't get comfortable, Her poised figure grew tired, and it was starting to show. "Do you often stay out this late?" she asked softly, looking over at him with a kind smile. "I might just love to meet you again sometime. Speaking with you has been more beneficial than speaking with anyone else has."

@blue_topaz

For a brief moment, surprise was writing itself all over Noah’s features. But a mask of nonchalance was soon crashing down to mask the emotions he couldn’t afford to expose. “I sleep in the day,” he answered for simplicity’s sake. “I’ll knock on your window if I’m in the area again.”

@Toxic_Persephone group

“Great! I look forwards to it!” She chattered happily. The soft expression on her face radiated a joy. She had spoken to someone on her own. She was proud of herself

@blue_topaz

(Thanks, Joy!)

A warmth began to spread through Noah’s chest. He frowned down at his traitorous heart, but offered the girl a smile. “I do, too.”

@Toxic_Persephone group

(Aww Thanks!)

“So, now you can say you’ve talked to a strange girl on a rooftop.” She winked, folding her arms over her chest and rubbing them. “Though don’t be offended if I don’t invite you inside. That is the one rule of our house I will not break.”