forum 🇳​🇴​🇧​🇴​🇩​🇾​ // 🇴​🇳​🇪​-🇴​🇳​-🇴​🇳​🇪​ // 🅒 🅛 🅞 🅢 🅔 🅓
Started by @blue_topaz
tune

people_alt 38 followers

@blue_topaz

I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you – Nobody – too?
Then there’s a pair of us!
Don’t tell! they’d advertise – you know!

How dreary – to be – Somebody!
How public – like a Frog –
To tell one’s name – the livelong June –
To an admiring Bog!

—Emily Dickinson

I made a character based off a darker twist of this poem a while back, a chimneysweep 'Nobody' slowly dissolving into smoke and losing his memories in the future. I want to do a romance rp with him…. so yeah. Welcome to this roleplay. It takes place in a sort of dystopian, almost Victorian Era type universe that I have in my head with a bit of an Alice in Wonderland feel. I'll explain more later.

Also, as you can tell, the poem is very whimsical and playful. This rp is not.

Rules:

• Ask to join
  • I am allowed to deny you entry. Don't take it personally if I do.
  • LGBT+ allowed, but keep in mind that my character is straight and yours will be shipping with him
  • g r a m m a r
  • Be nice
  • Violence, some swearing, and abuse/depression/trauma definitely allowed.
  • no smut

@blue_topaz

I’ve never rped with you before, would you mind providing an example (short paragraph) of your writing? Also, I’d prefer if you’re okaybeith mature topics and an experienced writer.

@Toxic_Persephone group

I’m alright with mature topics. And I wouldn’t mind giving an example of my work. This is one from my last writing spree, it’s about my boi Marcus. And yes I do realize it’s longer than a paragraph:

The wind was nearly as breathtaking as the city below. It blew through Lighter’s messy curls sending a shiver of delight through his body as he took his spot at the edge of the building.

The beauty of the world below him was so fragile. He was so fragile. All it would take was a single step forwards. One step into the air.

Then he’d be free. Free from all the pain. No one would miss him. Not a single soul.

And yet here he was struggling to take that step. He feared death. He feared his freedom. There had to be a reason he was kept so highly hated. Would he be too dangerous for society to accept? Would he end up some damaging leader?

He didn’t know. It was better this way. It was all better if he was out of the picture. He didn’t need to be careful. He didn’t want to live.

His foot slid into the air, the other following soon after. He was falling. Falling slowly. His brain flashed picture after picture to him. Showing him his mother’s smiling face. Showing him his father’s abusive state. Showing him the end.

The pain was minimal. He felt almost nothing. Wait… he didn’t feel any pain. He didn’t feel a release. His eyes flickered open and there he was, standing on the edge, one foot hanging over the ledge.

Marcus Teague was not ready to kill himself.

@blue_topaz

Alright! Just so you know, I would prefer that your template is detailed

Name:
Species: (ask if they’re not human)
Powers: (run them by me first)
Appearance:
General Attire:
Personality:
Social Standing:
Backstory:
Other:

@blue_topaz

Name: Noah “Nobody”

Age: Unknown, he doesn’t remember, and spent millennia trapped in a haunted forest with no concept of time, aging extremely slowly. Around eighteen in appearance and mental maturity.

Sexuality: Straight

Species: His mother gave birth to him while in a Spirit Wood (or haunted forest), so he’s technically partially human, but….

Powers: Every so often, a barely-visible wisp of greyish gas with blow from his skin—he’s dissolving into smoke, bit by bit. Smoke comes out of his hands and can sometimes form a half-sentient being that’s tied to him like a genie to a lamp. Barely needs any sleep, can live off an hour or two every second day, will occasionally flicker in and out of existence.

Appearance: He has a very faded, grey appearance. Ash-brown, tousled and windblown hair, always extremely messy and strangely soft. No discernible hairline or stubble, ashen, medium-toned skin covered in scattern, thin scars that he doesn’t recall getting. Eyes in various shades of gray. Usually covered in bruises, a permanent cut on his chapped lower lip from where he’s always biting it. Tall and lean, subtly muscled because of his work, though he looks too slim and underfed to harbor the strength that he has. Around 6 ft.

General Attire: Very casual, typical ‘urchin’ attire that’s almost always dirty or scuffed. Neutral to warm grey tones. Occasionally wears a newsboy cap.

Personality: An ambivert, prefers small groups of company to large ones. Lonely, always looking to make someone laugh, terrible social skills as a result of his memory loss and upbringing. Slightly awkward, grows quickly shy, more of an improviser than a careful planner, strong gut instincts. Steadfast loyalty, stubborn, not one to betray or switch sides,

Social Standing: Low. He’s a chimney sweep, lives on the streets and the rooftops.

Backstory: Was born prematurely in one of the largest Spirit Woods on the continent. His mother died giving birth to him, and he was raised primarily by ghosts, supernatural creatures, and the guardian of the forest. As a side effect of his birthplace and home, his mind became a blank slate at random, forgetting everything then suddenly remembering tiny facts. Sometimes, his mind rebooted completely, leaving him with no memories or connection to those around him. When he was around fourteen, he tried to run from the forest (which is a living being, in a way), but it didn’t want to let him out. Each time he was headed in the right direction, his memories would be wiped clean again, returning very slowly. It took him roughly two thousand years to get out, but to him, it only felt and appeared to be four. Once he had escaped, every single recollection disappeared from his head. Confused, lost, and alone, he wandered away from the woods until he reached a nearby city. When people asked him who he was, he always replied with ‘Nobody’ since he didn’t remember, earning him his nickname. Eventually, he joined a band of chimney sweeps, who dubbed him Noah.

Other: Nocturnal; he performs his job nightly and sleeps in the day when needed. Mostly illiterate, can read a tiny bit but can’t write. Sketches occasionally with charcoal, left-handed.

@Toxic_Persephone group

((Sorry it took so long))

Name:

Arabella Griggs

Female

Sexuality:

Straight

Species:

Human

Powers:

None

Appearance:

Thin, pale, and lanky, Arabella stands at 5’6 in height. Her long facial features include two almond green eyes, a long, pointed nose, and soft, thin lips. Her mid-length, Auburn hair has often led to strange looks and glares. It’s rather short for a female of her standings.

Her small frame is nearly skeletal and she is always sickly, a result of her sheltered life indoors.

General Attire:

She bares the dresses and fabrics of a mid-class lady. Often fitted to Victorian-style dresses and classy outfits.

Personality:

Strong-willed and easily excitable, Arabella is a doer. She strives to make something of her life before her father can arrange it for her. She is highly energized by social outings but finds business to be boring. She would rather become an author, but is told by her more traditional father that the idea is silly.

Social Standing:

Middle class. Sure she’s no noble or from an important family but she’s in good standings.

Backstory:

As the first-born daughter of a rising businessman who is found not-so-popular, Arabella is considered the one to change her families fortune and fate by marrying into a rich family. The stress of that upon her drove her away from her father’s wishes. She would rather explore and write than become the trophy wife to some top businessman.

Her father kept an iron fist and a tight gaze on her childhood, picking and hiring her friends carefully as well as refusing to let her go outside very often. She grew pale and sickly due to this. He set her up for etiquette courses which she aced with flying colors. But it all was dull and boring. She now spends days on end outside, trying to regain her locked up childhood.

Other:

Her father is seeking an arranged marriage for her to benefit his company. She is highly creative and loves the mythical and magical creatures that reside in the forests. She wishes to visit it someday.

@blue_topaz

(Alright, so I was thinking he ends up on her roof at night doing his job
Would there be any reason for her to be up there as well, so they could meet?)

@blue_topaz

(sounds good :)
(also, I was thinking in including just a little bit of Wonderland-inspired wonky magic/culture, if that's alright with you?)

@blue_topaz

(That's so cool, I hope you have fun! What do you play?
Ah, I'm sorry about your stress and clueless program leaders, but I'm sure everything will turn out smoothly!)