forum Things You Want LESS Of In Books
Started by @GoodThingGoing group
tune

people_alt 110 followers

Cecropia

Interesting stories have an antagonist, though. That's how plot happens

Not always. Some other stuff can occur (like magic outbursts, etc), but eh, not gonna argue

@GoodThingGoing group

Not always. Some other stuff can occur (like magic outbursts, etc), but eh, not gonna argue

Magic outbursts are an antagonistic source of conflict though. Trying to conceal magic and keep it from being exposed is the antagonist of the story in that case. You're confusing an antagonist with a villain.

Cecropia

Magic outbursts are an antagonistic source of conflict though. Trying to conceal magic and keep it from being exposed is the antagonist of the story in that case. You're confusing an antagonist with a villain.

Alright. My mistake.

@DixieDoodle3311

I really don't like it when authors use adjectives like "terrible" or "beautiful". I want more of authors that use describing words to make the reader think "Wow, she is beautiful." or "That thing seems super scary." instead of just telling us. Don't be afraid to make the reader feel like they have a part to play in your world :)

@Pickles group

The "manipulative bitch steals girl's life and girl is the only one who sees how manipulative the bitch is" trope. The plot is always exactly the same and it's so boring

@Kinarymo

As someone who was in a somewhat similar situation (i mean the part where no one else but you get to see what an evil prick someone is and the rest just stand there) i can positively say i hate that trope with a fiery passion.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

OK so I just discovered a Thing for the first time and I already hate it with a passion

apparently fetishizing RSD/emotional sensitivity is a quite common thing? like some Straight™️ men apparently look at people like me who cry at every small thing and think

like what the FUCK
I thought people are supposed to want their partners to be happy??? also the fact that they romanticize it for being “childish” too is. utterly repulsive

please don’t do this, ever :)

@Starfast group

Now that this chat has been revived if I ever read another YA coming of age story where the teenage male protagonist never shuts up about how much he msaturbates I'm going to throw myself off a cliff.
Write about something else, god damn.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

OK so I just discovered a Thing for the first time and I already hate it with a passion

apparently fetishizing RSD/emotional sensitivity is a quite common thing? like some Straight™️ men apparently look at people like me who cry at every small thing and think

like what the FUCK
I thought people are supposed to want their partners to be happy??? also the fact that they romanticize it for being “childish” too is. utterly repulsive

please don’t do this, ever :)

Lmao I could totally see someone doing that to me in another life
We love dependency on toxic friends