forum Monsters? These are my children -Ben (o/o with lisapickle)
Started by @chickenfrogman group
tune

people_alt 87 followers

@lisapickle

Silver nodded. "I know. I know. And I'm trying to be okay with that. But it's so hard to know he was attacked like that." She took a deep breath and blinked hard. It's okay. It's over. He's fine now. He's okay. Ryder and Dio are taking care of him.

Dio almost choked on his tea, but instead just burned his mouth. "Oh dear. No. I appreciate your talents but I can appreciate them just fine from the ground."

@chickenfrogman group

Violet nods, knowing the feeling all too well. “I understand. Do you want to sit downstairs with my for a bit? Maybe have a scone and some hot tea? I don’t think we’ll be sleeping for a while yet.”

-

Ryder grins. “You just don’t like my flying.” He opens cabinets, rummaging again. “Here, where is your tea stash? Can I make some?”

@lisapickle

Silver nodded, and rose to her feet with the help of the wall. Her gut still felt shaky and she wasn't sure how well she could walk. She followed Violet downstairs and curled on the edge of the couch. After a moment she pulled her phone out and texted Dio, "How is Gabriel?"

Dio pursed his lips to the side and eyed Ryder for a moment, slightly loath to share his gourmet tea collection with him, but he relented and opened the cabinet beside the stove. "Here. There's quite a few to chose from. Some of them are loose leaf so you'll need to put them in this." He pulled a tea ball out from the drawer beneath the cabinet.

@chickenfrogman group

After a few moments in the kitchen, Violet brings warm scones, a dish of icing for them, and a few cups of hot tea in case anyone joined them.
She sinks into the chair across from Silver, rubbing the bridge of her nose with one hand, and holding a tea cup in the other.
Ben had better explain this all to me. And he’d better let me help too.

-

Ryder nods, listening silently for once, and makes a cup of chamomile. Gabriel sits behind the couch, out of sight and wilted. He’s invisible and laying on the ground.
Im glad Kiss is home.
I thought those men from earlier might have got her.
I hope she’s alright and nothing happened.

@lisapickle

Dio watched Ryder as he made his tea, nodding slightly in approval. He pulled his phone out when it buzzed and read Silver's text. "He's alright. He's tired and needs to rest but he'll be alright." he replied.

Silver took a scone and dipped it in the frosting, slowly eating it while she stared at nothing and waited for Dio's reply. She almost spit crumbs on her phone when the screen lit up with his text.
"He's okay." she whispered to herself. "He's okay." She closed her eyes and put her phone away, willing her heart and her emotions to calm down. Gabriel was okay. Kissa was back. Everything was okay. For now.

@chickenfrogman group

Ryder blows on the tea a few times before walking back into the living room and sinking on the couch by Gabriel, gently handing him the mug. “It’s not as good as the tea from home, but it’s tea.” He whispers.
Gabriel cups the mug with both hands, taking in its warmth before taking a careful sip and deciding it was still too hot to taste.
Thank you.

-

Violet glances over her drink to watch Silver for a moment before turning at the sound of Ben coming down the stairs, Kiss filling closely behind.
He pauses at the bottom of them and runs the side of his face for a second, then continues to the couch, standing beside it instead of sitting down.
“You ladies can go to bed, this isn’t something we can resolve tonight.” He states.
Violet raises an eyebrow. “You expect us to sleep after this?”
Kissa crosses her arms, still standing a few feet behind Ben. “I’m not sleeping. Not now at least. They were literally in our backyard, Ben. Our backyard.”
He closes his eyes with another sigh, “listen, I know, okay? I get it. But this isn’t something that can be resolved over night. It really isn’t. The most we can do for the situation right now is get some rest.”

@lisapickle

Dio nursed his own cup as he exited the kitchen. He passed Ryder and Gabriel on his way to the stairs, and paused at the railing. "If neither of you need anything else, I'm going to go back to bed."

Silver blinked at Ben over her scone. "They weren't—Gabriel was in the woods. Miki and I found him… pretty far away. And I think he had already tried to come back. They weren't that close…" she paused. "I think I would feel if we had anyone that close to the house."

@chickenfrogman group

Ryder gives Dio a wave, “yeah go ahead. Get some sleep.”
Gabriel doesn’t respond, taking another slow sip of his tea.

-

Ben nods. “Exactly. I’ll talk with Violet and Dio about it in the morning. Staying up and worrying about this right now won’t help. Besides, they probably won’t even realized what’s happened till tomorrow.”
Kissa crosses her arms, obviously irritated with his answer and Violet sighs.
“Alright.”

@lisapickle

Dio settled himself back into his bed, finishing his tea while staring at nothing. He checked a few things on his phone, noticing the prolonged lack of contact from Lackey. It had been several days now and the Kavi hadn't even managed to send him a message. He sighed and set his phone aside. He would worry about it later.

Silver finished the last bite of her scone and stood up. "I'll let you know if I feel anything." she stopped beside Ben and rested her forehead against his shoulder for a moment, before continuing up the stairs and back to her room. Miki was still sprawled across the bed, half snoring, having never even stirred during all the excitement over Kissa. Silver crawled back in bed and wrapped her arms around her sister, but barely even dozed the rest of the night, even though she felt tired enough to sleep for a week.

(okay you can do the morning post)

@chickenfrogman group

(Oki)(what do we want to do with the next day tho?)

8am
Cage sits up, yawning, and heads down the stairs after crawling out of bed.
Violet gives him a smile, a batch of fresh crepes on the counter.
“Good morning.”
He waves, taking a crepe and filing it with fruit and whipped cream. “Get some good sleep?”
She raises her eye brows for a moment and sighs. “Ah, sure.”

@lisapickle

Silver watched Cage pass her and go downstairs, from her vantage point on the banister. She held a syrupy crepe in one hand, and had her other arm wrapped around her legs, knees to her chest. The syrup stayed in her crepe instead of dripping to the floor below, a feat she barely realized she was doing.

Miki woke up with a loud groan and slid out of bed, not bothering to change out of her clothes from yesterday. She stepped out of the bedroom and saw her sister perched on the railing.
"You look like a vulture." she said as she came up to her. "Why are you up so early?"
"I didn't sleep." Silver replied, taking a bite of her crepe.
Miki raised an eyebrow. "Why not? I slept great. Better than I have in ages."
"That is because you were drunk." Silver said. "And you always sleep like a rock anyway."
Miki shrugged and came down the stairs. "That's right. I forgot about last night. I don't really remember anything past supper. Hey, Cage." she ruffled his hair as she passed. "Morning Vi. Wow, you already made breakfast. You're amazing."

@chickenfrogman group

Cage gives Miki a smile, his mouth full, when she ruffles his hair.
Violet nods, “thank you.” She makes herself a cup of tea and Ben a cup of coffee.
Kissa sits on the couch, brow furrowed, and picks at her food. She glares at the floor.
Gabriel should be fine now, Ryder is taking care of him. I wonder when they’re coming back.
Ben exits his bedroom, slowly closing the door behind him while he texts Dio.
”We have a bit of an issue here I’d like to discuss with you today. Would you mind me coming over with the kids and then leaving them with you for the rest of the day on the weekend? Violet will be staying home to get some cleaning done.”
Already knowing Dio’s response would be yes, since he took a liking to the kids, Ben sighs, slipping his phone in his pocket and pulling his hair up. He pauses beside Silver and looks down over the living room.
I want to go back to bed.

@lisapickle

Miki fixed herself a cup of coffee with her crepe and claimed a barstool at the island. "Hey, it's gonna be kind of warm today. It might be the last chance we have to swim before it stays cold."

Silver felt Ben's presence beside her and reached her wing out, barely brushing his shoulders with the ends of her feathers. "Hey," she said around a mouthful of her breakfast. "Did you get any sleep?"

Dio read Ben's text while standing at the stove cooking breakfast for Ryder and Gabriel. Well, probably just Ryder, if he was honest. He frowned, concerned about why Ben needed to talk to him. He texted back, "I will gladly take the children for a bit so you and your wife can get some rest. Is everyone alright after last night? I'm available all day to talk whenever you need."

@chickenfrogman group

Cage gasps, inhaling a bit of his crepe and beginning a coughing fit. Violet pours him a glass of water and slowly slides it over the island to him.
"You alright, Love?"
Kissa looks up to them, glaring.
Idiots.
Ben ignores his phone buzzing and leans on the railing beside Silver. "Honest answer is no." He says with a huff. "You?"

-

Gabriel watches Dio text Ben back, standing behind him invisible. He cocks his head, thinking about their conversation.
Ryder groans. turning on the couch and falling off with a dull thud. He sits up slowly, rubbing his back and yawning.
"Time?"

@lisapickle

Miki gave Cage a surprised look. "I didn't mean right now, Cage. I meant like… after breakfast or this afternoon or something." she patted his back awkwardly and definitely not helpful at all. "It's okay. You can breathe. You can breathe, right? Are you dying?" she leaned down a little to look into his face.

Silver finished her crepe and licked the syrup off her fingers. "I dozed a little. Every time I started to fall asleep I jumped awake again to make sure everyone was here." she sighed and pressed the heels of her hands into her eyes. "I wish I could turn it off sometimes." she whispered.

Dio glanced at the clock on the wall. "Almost eight thirty." he replied to Ryder. "I'm making brea–" He stepped back and bumped into an invisible Gabriel. He glanced over his shoulder and jumped. "Yah! Wait, who–" he reached his hand out, feeling for what he had hit. "Who's there? Ryder? …Lackey?" he asked, almost hopefully.

@chickenfrogman group

Cage goes to take a gulp of the water and ends up choking more by laughing at Miki.
Violet sighs, shaking her head and turning around to finish up Ben's coffee.

Ben turns to listen to Silver, blinking as she spoke. He couldn't relate on her level and almost felt guilty about it before reminding himself that they couldn't relate to his element either and that it was just life. It would be alright and it was nothing to feel guilty over.
He nods, listening. He didn't speak for a moment, deciding on what to say.
"Let me know if there's anything I can do." He quietly says.

Gabriel takes quick few steps back, losing his breath for a second because he was startled. He doesn't answer Dio and stares wide-eyed.
Ryder sleepily blinks, standing up with another yawn. "Calm down, it's just Gabriel."

@lisapickle

Miki rolled her eyes and turned back to her coffee. "Oh my word, Cage, I didn't mean for you to die more. Please chill. I don't want to have to clean up your body today. Then I'd have to go swimming by myself and I'd be sad."

Silver paused and glanced over at him, surveying him for a moment before leaning forward and pressing a kiss to his shoulder. "Thanks, Dad." then she slipped off the balcony railing and glided down to the kitchen below, landing beside her sister. "Miki, you're actually going to kill him if you don't stop." She said. "He hasn't gotten adequate oxygen for at least two minutes."

Dio let out a breath and nodded firmly. "Ah, right. I'm sorry, Gabriel." he apologized. "I'm making bean sprout rice, cucumber soup, and omelets. Help yourself." he waved his spatula toward the array of dishes already gathered on the table. "I can make tea as well."

@chickenfrogman group

Cage takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself down, and takes another gulp of water.
"I'm good. I'm good." He claims, still coughing a little.

Ben watches the kids from the balcony for a moment before heading down the stairs and taking his coffee from Violet, giving her forehead a gentle kiss and leaning on the counter beside her, watching the kids as she loaded the dishwasher.

__

Ryder shuffles into the kitchen, grabbing a big mixing bowl and filling it with the food, leaving about a serving and a half behind. Stuffing his face as he walks back to the couch, he nods. "Mmm, really good, Dio! Thank you." He gives him a half bow before sitting down.
Gabriel stands behind him (Ryder).
What is that stuff??

@lisapickle

Miki patted Cage's back again. "Okay, good. You're not allowed to die on me. You're my only friend." She crammed the rest of her crepe into her mouth and slid off the bar stool, heading to the back door. "Ohhh, it's sunny!" she said as she opened the door. "We can totally swim! Let's go, Cage!" she ran back through the kitchen and up the stairs to her room to change.

Silver slowly nibbled on another crepe, watching her sister go flying through the house. "It's not that warm." she said, raising an eyebrow. "The pool is going to be freezing."

Dio inhaled sharply, stifling his horror as Ryder combined all the dishes into a giant mess of slop. It's okay. They're Kavi. They do things differently. He can eat it however he wants. He turned away and filled a kettle with water, setting it on the stove to make tea, and focused on turning his omelet.

@chickenfrogman group

Cage gasps again, following it up with another coughing fit as he scrambles up the stairs behind Miki.
Ben watches them, gulping down his coffee and refilling it. "It's 55 out today."
Violet sighs. "Are they allowed to swim?"
He shrugs, "They're adults."

_

Gabriel bends down beside Ryder, sniffing the dish.
Ryder hold sup a mixing spoon full. "Wanna taste?"
Gabriel slowly turns visible, taking a seat beside Ryder and barely trying a teeny tiny bite before choking and shaking his head.
Ryder shrugs. "To each his own. There's some sticks outside you can monch if you want."

@lisapickle

Silver glanced at Ben, then shook her head. "They're gonna come right back inside after they realize how cold the water is." She flew back up to the second floor and joined Miki in their bedroom where Miki was changing into her swimsuit. "Miki, it's not warm out there at all today. You're gonna freeze."
"It's not that cold, Silver. And we didn't swim much this season anyway. This might be our last chance."
Silver shuddered. "I hate swimming no matter when it is. I don't understand why you like it so much."
"Because I–" Miki pronounced, snapping her swimsuit straps for emphasis. "–do not have wings."

Dio tried to ignore the abomination happening to his food in the living room and very properly set his servings on a tray, each dish still blissfully in it's own container. He placed his tea and chop sticks correctly as well, and carried the tray into the living room. He set it on the coffee table in the center of the room and grabbed his favorite sitting pillow, arranging himself in front of his meal.

@chickenfrogman group

Cage pulls on a pair of swim trunks and grabs his goggles and a beach towel, heading back downstairs and waiting by the back door for Miki.
Ben looks him over and sighs. "You two are idiots."
Cage chuckles.

_

Gabriel looks from Dio's meal to Ryder's, taking note of how immensely different they looked. Ryder's looked like the inside of a public trash can and Dio's looked like fancy TV food.
Ryder swallows his bite, looking to Dio. "Ah, hey do you have any plans for today?"

@lisapickle

Silver shook her head. "I still think I wouldn't like swimming even without wings." she stepped aside for Miki to pass her. "You can go freeze your butt off if you want." she grabbed the thick cape Ben had bought her and swung it around her shoulders, twitching it into place over her wings, and followed her sister downstairs again.
Miki yelped with excitement and clapped Cage on the shoulder as she shoved the door open and stepped outside. She flung her arms out wide, embracing the breeze that bit straight through her.
"This isn't too bad. I've felt worse."
Silver glanced at Ben on her way past. "I'm gonna go outside and watch them regret their decision."

Dio picked up a piece of his omelet with his chopsticks and dipped it into the appropriate sauce. "Benjamin has something he wants to discuss with me, and I have to go out at some point and take care of a few errands. That's all I had in mind. Did you need to do something?"

@chickenfrogman group

Cage shivers, but follows it up with a giggle.
"Come on, let's get it!" He demands, grabbing her wrist and pulling her over the the edge of the pool with him. He pauses and stares, rethinking his decision for a second.
"I think we should just jump in."

Ben turns to face Violet. "I don't know them."
She smiles. "Correction: you wish you didn't know them."
"How old are they again?" He teases before taking a drink of his coffee.
Kissa stands, walking to the back door and glaring out at them.
They take nothing seriously.

__

Ryder nods. "I was just going to ask if you'd take us back to Ben's sometime, that's all."
Gabriel shivers, standing to walk behind Dio and watch him eat for a moment as well.

@lisapickle

Miki squeezed Cage's hand with a death grip and nodded. "This is the worst idea ever. Let's go!" Without waiting for him, she leaped into the water, dragging Cage along with her. She shrieked as she hit the water, but it turned into bubbles when she went below the surface. Barely two seconds later she came up again, still screaming.
"IT'S COLD. IT'S TOO COLD. CAGE, IT'S FREEZING."

Silver squatted on the edge of a lounge chair and watched them, one eyebrow raised. "What else did you expect?" she asked, but knew they wouldn't hear her.

Dio nodded as he took a sip of his tea and scooped up a bite of his rice. "Yes, that's fine. I can take you back whenever you're ready. Did you want to go right after breakfast or later today?"