forum Monsters? These are my children -Ben (o/o with lisapickle)
Started by @chickenfrogman group
tune

people_alt 87 followers

@chickenfrogman group

Ben looks down to Silver, noting her anxiety in the way she shivered. "The birds will go out if we haven't heard from her in 30 minutes. I'm only giving her that much time because chances are she'll be back home or at Diablo's in a few minutes." He sighs and gently pats her shoulder, trying to be as comforting as possible. "She's fine, I'm sure."
Violet creaks their door open, giving a big yawn and braiding her hair over her shoulder, wearing a nightgown.
"Ben, for some of us it's not a matter of is she's safe, but if she's tattled." She states quietly and softly, trying not to alarm Silver.
He freezes.
She wouldn't.

__

Gabriel stands beside Ryder, obviously having just woke up. He blinks sleepily but has a look of determination anyways.
Ryder furrows his brow, looking to Dio. "I was going to go check around the block from the sky. Guessing they called you?"

@lisapickle

Silver opened her mouth, but said nothing for a moment. She knew Ben wouldn't like her idea, but… "I… I might be able to follow her." she offered quietly. "If she hasn't been gone for too long then I might still be able to feel where she went…?"

Dio nodded. "Benjamin said to wait about half an hour before looking for her, since she probably just followed us here. But I don't feel comfortable waiting even that long." He pursed his lips, glancing Gabriel up and down, and clicked his tongue. "I'd really rather Gabriel not go out, in his current condition, but I know trying to keep him here is futile. Both of you go out–cloaked. Please, stay invisible and do not interact with anyone other than Kissa. If something has happened then contact me before you do anything." He gave Ryder a hard stare. "Understood?"

@chickenfrogman group

Ben’s eyes narrow and he gives his head a quick shake.
“No. I’d say yes if we had someone here to go with you, but it’d be just adding to the bad situation to send you out there by yourself.” Clenches his jaw for a moment, “best option as of now, is definitely to stay put.”
Violet nods solemnly. “Are Cage and Miki asleep?”

-

Ryder gives a stiff nod. “Yeah, got it.”
Before Dio can even finish his sentence, Gabriel has gone invisible, his hands shaking.
Did she try to follow us? I should have just offered her to come along. It’s not safe to leave her be anyways.
Ryder glances to the empty spot beside him and turns himself invisible as well.
“We’ll be back in ten minutes.” He reassures dio, before heading with Gabriel out the door.

@lisapickle

Silver nodded, having not expected anything different. "Okay. I'll… go wait for her. If I feel her I'll tell you right away." she turned and trudged down the hall, wringing her hands. She sat on the top stair and wrapped her arms around her stomach, trying not to rock or do anything else that would just encourage her anxiety.
Am I more afraid of Kissa getting hurt or of her betraying us?

Dio saw them off and locked the door behind them, then headed into the kitchen to make a cup of tea, barely aware of his actions.
Please keep them safe, he prayed to the universe. Keep all of them safe. Let Kissa come back soon. Don't let the boys do anything stupid.

@chickenfrogman group

Ben watches Silver retreat to the staircase, and looks from her to Violet.
“She’ll be fine.”
Violet sighs. “I’m not worried about Kissa’s wellbeing, she’s more capable than most of us on our own. Ben, you know there are still rather alarming chances that she’ll…” her voice fades and her brow furrows, only to see Ben glare.
“That’s not true. Etienne doesn’t have anything else she’d want.”
“Besides maybe the upper hand? Power? More freedom?” Violet adds in a whisper. “Ben, what do we have that will keep her…?”

-

Rude grips Gabriel’s hand and looks from him to the top of Dio’s house. “I don’t think you can fly.” He plainly states.
Gabriel sighs. “Can I try?” He asks, his voice quiet and squeaky.

-

Kissa gently plucks the device from the deadman’s hands, and wipes the blood from the screen with his shirt before pulling out her phone, starting up the video again and recording it on her phone.
She winces, ever blow they land on Gabriel.
Why attack one who is obviously so weak?
She draws her brow together and sighs.

@lisapickle

Silver's eyes filled with tears and she sniffed, wiping her nose and trying to stay quiet so Ben and Vi wouldn't know she was crying.
If something happens to Kissa I swear I'll… I'll do something.

Dio finished making his tea and began to pace across the living room. Every ten seconds he pulled his phone out and checked his messages.

@chickenfrogman group

Ben ignores Violets last question, and heads to the staircase, taking a seat by Silver.
Not really knowing what to say, he’s silent, thinking over Violets words.
They didn’t really have power, sure, but surely her brother and her relationships would keep her set.

-

Ryder sighs and reluctantly let’s go of Gabriel’s hand.
“Yeah. Get on the roof. If you can make it to the roof, I’ll let you fly with me.”
Gabriel takes a few steps back, then sprints forward, launching himself up, but he doesn’t quite make it to the roof and stumbles to the ground, falling into the bushes.
Ryder purses his lips together, holding in a laugh, and jogs over to him, helping him stand. “I’ll fly right above you and you can walk the sidewalk, okay?”

-

After saving the video, Kissa goes through the device, finding most everything needing passcodes. She grits her teeth.
I wanna take it home to Ben, but the chances of them tracking it to us are too high.
Reluctantly, she lays it on the cement and stomps on it till it’s shattered in bits and pieces.
She takes a step back and looks over the bloody mess of men.
They were far enough into downtown that it wouldn’t hint at where they were staying, and besides, she couldn’t clean up this mess on her own.

@lisapickle

"I'm fine." Silver sniffed as soon as Ben sat down next to her. She wiped her nose, trying to still her tears. "I'm okay."

(Legit Dio's just gonna pace and fret until he hears something so XD)

@chickenfrogman group

Ben puts his arm around her. “Kissa will be fine.” He reassures.
Violet eyes them for a moment, worried, and turns to retreat back into her room.

-

Ryder takes flight, and Gabriel sticks to the sidewalk, as planned. The deep blue sky makes it hard to really see anything, but there was definitely no small, flying girl nearby.

-

Kissa lands on the roof above the men, staring down at them and whispering a small chant a few times, just to keep the mess invisible for a few hours more. She turns and looks around before deciding just to head back to Ben’s house.

@lisapickle

Silver nodded and dropped her head onto his shoulder. "I know. She can take care of herself. It's just so dangerous for us right now and she didn't tell us where she was going. I don't want anything to happen to her." she wrapped her arms around him and took a deep breath to steady herself.

Dio turned to begin his ninety-fifth lap across the living room, but stopped short as his hand automatically went to his phone to check it again. "실제로 그녀에게 연락을 시도한 사람이 있습니까 ???" he asked out loud. He pulled his phone out and swiped through his contacts before realizing he didn't actually have Kissa's number. "Aaaiiish." he tapped back to his text history with Ryder and typed, "Has anyone tried to text or call Kissa's phone? I don't have her number."

@chickenfrogman group

“Me either.” Ben agrees, still being worried about Kissa’s wellbeing despite Violet’s reassurance.

-

Ryder almost drops his phone mid flight, opening it to look over Dio’s words. He lands softly on a roof, not bothering to answer Dio and instead calling Kissa and pressing the phone to his ear.

-

Kissa perches herself in a tree to answer the phone. Had it not been Ryder, she probably would have just ignored it.
“Yes?”
Ryder gives a sigh of relief, hearing her answer. “Kiss? Where are you? Ben and Dio are worried.”
She swallows.
I didn’t even think about that. I thought everybody would just be asleep.
“I’m almost home.” She claims.
Though she can’t see, he nods. “Are you safe? Nothing happened?”
Her face flushes red, and she opens her mouth to lie, then closes it.
“I- I’m fine. I’ll talk to you when I see you tomorrow about it.”
He squints. “Mmm. Okayyyy. Keep me on the phone till youre home. I gotta hear Ben’s voice before I hang up.”
She swiftly takes flight again, leaving him on speaker.

@lisapickle

"Has it been half an hour yet?" Silver asked.

Dio continued his pacing, but texted Ryder again a minute later. "Did you text her? Has she responded?"

@chickenfrogman group

Ben checks his watch, “ah, five more minutes.”

-

Ryders phone dings and he takes it from his ear, putting her on speaker while he answers Dio.
”I have her in a call with me right now. I told her to keep me on the phone till she’s home :)”
He send the text and peers down to gabriel who is looking up to him in confusion, to far below to hear his words.
oh yeah, I have another one.
He leaps off of the roof, gliding to the ground, and ruffles Gabriel’s hair.
“She’s fine. I called her.”

-

Kissa softly lands on Ben’s roof, “I’m home.”
She says into the phone.
“Okay but I’m still not hanging up till I hear Ben.” Ryder demands.
She nods, “yeah okay. Just let me get in the window.”

@lisapickle

Silver nodded and hugged herself again. "It feels so–" she paused and cocked her head, then leaped to her feet. "She's here! She's back! I just felt her la– I think she's on the roof!" Silver dashed off toward Kissa's bedroom, since her window gave one of the best roof accesses. "KISSA!" she screamed as she crashed into the room.

"Aahhhh," Dio sighed in relief and dropped into a chair. "These children aren't good for my blood pressure." "Both of you come back quickly please," he sent back to Ryder.

@chickenfrogman group

Ben jumps up and jogs to Kissa’s room, standing right outside of the door, and Violet appears back outside of hers and Ben’s room, wringing her hands.
Half of her body already through the window, Kissa stumbles in, dropping her phone. “SILVER WHAT THE HECK!”
Ben beams from the doorway, taking a step forward.
She stands, grumbling, and picks up the phone and dusts herself off.
Ryder raises and eyebrow on the other side of the phone, waiting to hear Ben shout at her or something.
Gabriel sighs, loosening his grip on Ryders arm.
Shes safe. She’s okay.

@lisapickle

"Kissa!" Silver cried again as she launched herself over the bed. "Are you okay?? Where did you go? Why didn't you tell us?? Are you okay?? Did you get hurt??" She grabbed Kissa's arms and looked her over. "Oh, we were so–" Silver paused as her gaze landed on Kissa's hands. "Why do you–why is there blood on your hands?"

@chickenfrogman group

Kissa snatched her hands away, her face red. “I’m fine.” She hisses.
Ben jogs further into the room to look her over. She looked decently tidy besides a few dirt scuffs, a scratch on her shoulder and the dried blood up under her nails and on her fingers. He looks to her face.
“An explanation?”
Kissa hangs up on Ryder right after Ben’s words and takes a step back, away from Ben and silver.
“I found one of Etienne's men’s devices. I have proof.” She pulls up her camera roll.

From the hallway, Violet hears the shouts, and then Silvers last question. A shiver goes up her spine.
I have a feeling I won’t be sleeping tonight.

-

Ryder goes to say something, but right after ben spoke, Kissa had hung up. He looks over the text from Dio and sighs.
“C’mon, Gabriel. Let’s head back to dio’s.”

@lisapickle

Silver stared at Kissa, taking in both her grimy hands and her phone screen. "Proof of what?" she asked.

"Aish-a, 그들은 어디에 있습니까?" Dio mumbled, standing and beginning to pace again. "It shouldn't taken them long to get back."

@chickenfrogman group

Kissa shoots silver a glare, “were you not listening? One of Etienne’s men’s devices. I found one.” She clicks on the photo she took of it and hands Ben her phone.
He looks it over, brow furrowed. “Wh- where were you?”
She sighs and pushes past Silver to stand by Ben, taking the phone and playing the video she’d taken of herself going through the files, showing they were all locked, then to the video they’d been playing of Gabriel.
“They’re the men who found Gabriel earlier. I knew something had happened, since he would say anything at all.” She claims, her voice softer now.
Ben gulps.

-

Dios door swings open and as they walk inside the boys turn visible. Ryder closes the door behind them and sighs. “She’s home. I heard Silver and Ben yelling at her.” Gabriel nods.

@lisapickle

Silver stood by Ben's other side to watch with them. The video began playing and she saw Gabriel being attacked in the woods. Her stomach twisted and she clamped a hand over her mouth, fighting against the wave of nausea that hit her.

"Good, good." Dio nodded. He finally took a sip of his tea and made a face he realized it had gone cold. "Are both of you alright? You didn't see anything?"

@chickenfrogman group

Ryder shakes his head.
“Nothing. I had her on the phone and she wouldn’t tell me what she’d done. I’m guessing we’ll figure out tomorrow.”

-

“You-“ Ben peels his eyes away from the screen and looks to Kissa. “You found these men?”
She nods and opens her mouth to say something, but her face goes pale and she stays frozen.
My feathers.
Ben furrows his brow. “Kissa? Tell me what happened.”
The video starts to replay in his hand.

@lisapickle

Silver turned away, stumbling toward the door, one arm wrapped around her stomach and her other hand still covering her mouth.
Gabriel… Gabe, why didn't you tell me?
She made it to the hallway before she sank to the floor, pressing herself against the wall and curling up, her body shaking with dry sobs.

Dio sighed and went into the kitchen to reheat his tea. "Yes. I'll send Benjamin a message later and make sure they're alright." he stared at the microwave while it warmed his tea. We can't keep on like this. Etienne is too close… aish, I need to find Lackey. He's been gone for too long. He pinched the bridge of his nose.

@chickenfrogman group

Violet watches as Silver retreats from the bedroom, not having any context. Her brow furrows and she slowly approaches her, kneeling down and gently rubbing her back.

Ben sets the phone down, his attention solely on Kissa.
“What happened. From the top.”
She shivers, then looks down to her hands.
“I went to follow Gabriel and Ryder.” She starts, “I thought I probably had a good idea of where Dio lived, but I ended up in downtown. I was about to head home but…” she dares to look up to Ben.
He raises his eyebrows. “But…?”
“I saw this group of men in the alleyway beneath me. I stuck around to see what they were doing, invisible of course. They were talking about us, and watching that video.”
Ben swallows.
“I only stayed to learn how much they knew. As far as I know, they hadn’t reported anything.”
“What did you do with the men?” Ben asks quietly.

-

Ryder nods and flops onto the couch, Gabriel gently sits beside him.
“I’m so hungry now. So much flying, not enough food. I could eat both of your carriage horses.” He abruptly stands and jogs to the fridge, opening it and rummaging around.

@lisapickle

Silver felt Violet sit down beside her. Finally she caught her breath and whispered, "He got attacked. Gabriel got attacked in the woods and he didn't tell us about it." she gasped for air and leaned her head back against the wall. "That's how he got hurt."

"I would greatly appreciate it if you did not eat my horses." Dio said as he removed his tea and gave it a stir. "If you did then I would be forced to walk in the abominable weather."

@chickenfrogman group

Violet continues to rub Silvers back, the news being scary, but not beyond what she could have imagined.
“He is alright now though. I’m sure he just wasn’t ready to talk about it. It seems, when Gabriel is scared, he verbally and emotionally shuts down. And he must have been so, so scared.” She gives silvers head a kiss. “I hope he will speak with you about it when he comes home.”

-

Ryder scrunches his nose up and smiles. “Nonsense! I’ll fly you around.”
Gabriel chokes.
Oh, cause that’s much better?