forum Notebook exports use raw link text instead of page title
Started by @mooglegirl group
tune

people_alt 63 followers

@mooglegirl group

I noticed that when exporting my notebook (in my case as JSON), the field values list the page links as raw text, e.g. "eee." I would like to use the export as an offline backup, but as it is now, I would need to remember what each of the links were originally. Would it be possible for the export to parse out the page name instead? Maybe as an alternate export option? If not, would it be possible to add the ID numbers to each entry in the JSON etc. so they could be searched for within the export?

@andrew health_and_safety flash_onAdmin

I'm actually in the process of rewriting/rereleasing the exporters in the backend right now, so this was nice and convenient to start fixing up.

Tonight's release includes basically rebuilt versions of the text outline and JSON exporters (with the others to be improved soon) that run way faster and are easier to work with. They now also include both name and ID details at the top of every page, plus on every linked page (JSON example below):

I still need to swap link codes out for names when they get @-mentioned in a text field, but this was ready enough to release so I figured I'd push it out to use while I continue working on the rest. :)

@mooglegirl group

Whoa, you weren't kidding about it being way faster :o This is awesome, thank you! I recently moved to this site from TiddlyWiki and I gotta say, I've been really impressed with the feature support, thanks for all your hard work :D

@andrew health_and_safety flash_onAdmin

Haha! The old exporters were a real problem when your notebook got extremely large. An outline export for my universes used to take 30+ minutes to complete – and now takes about 30 seconds. Other people should be waaaay faster than that. ;)

Thanks for the kind words; I'm always trying to make things better!