forum Marvel AU OxO?
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 59 followers

Deleted user

"You won't try?" Steve quietly prompted, silently and slowly reaching out to hold Bucky's metal hand, "For me? For yourself?" He nodded, momentarily biting his lip as looked over his tense frame, "Because it's not impossible, and I'll be right by your side."

Deleted user

"Are you scared of something?" Steve asked, waiting for a moment. He let out a quiet sigh, wishing he knew the words to make him understand how much he cared, "There are ways out of that fear. Why don't you want to at least try?"

@ElderGod-Icefire

Bucky shook his head very faintly. "I-it's not that, I'm just…" he didn't know. He just…he didn't want Steve to…to know. Suspecting was very different from knowing.

Deleted user

"You're just…?" Steve said, trying to prompt a real answer out of him. There was so much he thought he should be doing for him; so much he felt he wasn't doing right, and all he wanted was to know what he was feeling. "Tell me what's going on. I think it'll really help."

Deleted user

"'Please' what?" Steve softly asked, a frown beginning to form on his expression, "Please stop trying to help you? Stop trying to look out for you?"

Deleted user

Steve blinked, a little taken aback. Did he really want him to stop trying? "'Do you…want to get better?" He asked, searching Bucky's face for an answer, "Cause I'm tryin' here. You know that."

Deleted user

Steve hesitated, his frown deepening as Bucky hid his face. Carefully, he reached for his hands. "Bucky, hey," He said, so softly that it was almost hard to hear, "No, come here, It's okay."

@ElderGod-Icefire

He leaned into Steve, taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry." He said softly. "It's just…the things that…that happened…" The things he had done, the things that had been done to him…he couldn't bring himself to talk about it because it would just make it that much more real. Something that Steve would know, instead of a nightmare that only existed in his mind.

Deleted user

"I know, I know," Steve told him, slowly wrapping his arms around him as he nodded. There was so much pain in his voice; the mere heaviness of his words said so much about what happened, and Steve could hardly bear to hear it. "It's okay," He swallowed, holding him close, "You're okay now; away from all that. It'll never happen again, and you're safe, here, with me."

Deleted user

"No, Bucky, don't be sorry," Steve said, running a slow hand through his dark hair as he held him, letting out a breath that he didn't realize he was holding. "None of this was your fault. It was awful, but it's over now."

@ElderGod-Icefire

He kept his eyes closed, staying pressed against Steve. "Okay." He said softly, letting out a faint breath. "I-I didn't mean…to hurt you. I…" he trailed off.

Deleted user

(mmhh i forgot about this, idk if we should continue it :( there's not much happening and it kinda went down compared to the start)