Yknow, just because all the apocalyptic rps I join or make have a habit of dying.
But it's a favorite genre of mine, so here we go again!
Usually I opt for zombie apocalypse settings, but I am also completely open to other suggestions. Maybe another plague, a war, nuclear fallout, etc. We'll determine that when we get there.
I think I'm going to leave this pretty open to people joining or leaving at any time. However, please ask to join. I reserve the right to ask for a writing sample/link to an rp you're in, and I reserve the right to say no if our styles don't work together.
Just a few general rules:
- Avoid one-liners. They're appropriate on occasion if there's enough information to respond to.
- No OP characters
- Be nice to other RPers. Leave the conflict in the story. Respect other people's triggers.
- Take explicit sexual content to PMs. I don't mind implying things, but I generally prefer not to write that kind of stuff explicitly.
- Feel free to ask about plot points you want to incorporate, either in this chat, or in pms (we can also create an ooc pm for the whole group if anyone wants)
- Swearing is a free-for-all.
- Given the type of story this is, you can have up to 3 characters at a time, kill your own characters off as you please. (You can add a 4th character technically if one is about to die.) Because of this, please write in the third person. Also no killing others' characters without their permission.
Here is the character template:
Background (doesn't have to be super in-depth):
Open to shipping?:
And here is some information about zombies and the virus:
- Zombies in this universe tend to be a bit faster- pretty close to human speed, but it varies. They are capable of climbing and doing most range of human motion.
- Zombies hate daylight because it's hard on their eyes and makes it difficult to hunt, but that's not to say they won't chase someone a little bit out of a building or dark place to get their hands on them. Otherwise, they usually hunt at night.
- Usually the best way to kill zombies is to damage their brains. They can't feel pain properly, so it's best to take them down by destroying the control center for their body.
- The virus is spread through some bodily fluids. Being bitten will spread it, and is the main route that people experience
- The virus acts fast, but the transformation is not immediate and varies from person to person:
- Days 1-3: The person will start having flu-like symptoms- fever, chills, body aches- it can be hard to distinguish from other normal sickness in this stage.
- Days 4-8: The person starts undergoing changes from the inside out. They may experience intense joint pain and stiffness, sensitivity to light, necrosis, and coughing up blood.
- Days 9-10: Transformation is underway. The person undergoes changes in personality, and may act more aggressive. By now, skin has usually taken on an ashen color. They are usually still able to speak at this phase, but may have trouble forming coherent thoughts and sentences.