forum A Sort-of Lion, A few Witches, A Not-Quite Closet(malfunction). Stalkers wanted.
Started by @Ca1iCa1--Is--Tired
tune

people_alt 83 followers

@Ca1iCa1--Is--Tired

Eyeing the man warily, Orion follows close behind the group, footsteps silent and only the swish of his cloak betraying his movement. In his opinion, the entrance hall was rather gaudy, and that was without taking in all of the gold plated, well, everything. More people than expected greet them in the hall, and Orion comes up behind Lata, pulling his hood further down over his eyes.

—Back at the cottage—

Orion had left a hastily scribbled note on the table, under his favorite teapot.

My love,
It seems that I must go back to a nightmarish dimension, also known as Molhaven. I will most likely not be home for dinner, there are extra cookies in the fridge, and plenty of fruit on the table.
Your Feline
Ori

This would have been helpful. If only Cal had found it.

@Painted-Iris group

Suddenly feeling a closer presence at her back, Lata quickly cast a glance over her shoulder to notice Orion once again. Something about the way he was acting reminded her to keep up her guard as to not put herself in harm's way in the strange realm.

Despite if he had read the note or not, the place his beloved was currently traveling in was dangerous. Due to his protective instincts, it wasn't any help knowing that Orion could possibly be in good- or at least decent company. The strange glow from the opening to Molhaven filled the small cottage, whipping around papers not held down and causing a few lights to flicker. Everything had to be okay. It had to.
What would Cal do without his Orion…?
He was that freedom the man had never had the chance of having before.
Without that loving feeling, what was the point of leaving his former life?
Exhaling, he forced himself through the cut between worlds before it closed behind him. For an odd reason, he appeared in some sort of forest outside of these odd and extravagant gates.
"I'm coming, Ori…"

@Ca1iCa1--Is--Tired

Tensing suddenly, Orion is glad for the cloak that hides his surprise. Taking a deep breath, he finds the spot inside himself where the woods lie, and reaches out towards them. Not having used this particular ability for quite some time, it takes a moment to find his voice, but with Cal being his Mate it was easier than if he wasn't.

Cal? Cal, it is me. Can you hear me? If you can, you need to leave the woods. They will strip you of your sanity and are aways watching, waiting for weakness. I am in the City of Gold. Be safe, my love.

Telepathic skills rather rusty, in this case the ambient magic in Molhaven, the magic that saturates the very air and ground itself is helpful. Drawing on the ley lines, he leaves the connection open, hoping that Cal had gotten his message. Stupid Calixto coming to a nightmare realm just to find me. In a cursed woods nonetheless.

@Painted-Iris group

Calixto nearly fell over at the sudden voice in his head. It was cutting out as a phone call with poor connection might.
Cal? … hear me? Leave… woods. … sanity… always watching… weakness. I… City of Gold… love.
Hearing the sound of his mate in his head was insane as it was, but being the worried person he was, he allowed his feet to carry him towards the gates. The Golden Gates.
It was odd as they were believed to be in Heaven. Chuckling darkly to himself, the tall man paused before them.
He wasn't allowed through. Unsure if the telepathic ability would work between them, he attempted to force his thoughts through the open link.
I can't get in. I hope you understand how upset I am at the moment.

@Ca1iCa1--Is--Tired

Orion winced at his lover's cutting words. Despite knowing his vulnerable condition, and that Cal would be back from his trip in just a few more hours, he, in the span of a few days, told several people what he was, adopted at least three people into the family, and staged a coup. I can't get in. I hope you understand how upset I am at the moment. Ducking his head, Orion realizes that for all of his love and affection, it truly would have been the better choice to wait for Calixto to get home, if only for comfort.

With a start, his head snaps up, blue eyes blazing. "My mate follows us, I wish him safe passage through this domain."

@Painted-Iris group

Lata tilted her head slightly in confusion. She couldn't recall Orion having a lover exactly. Well… aside from when he flirted with younger Sam. Which was disturbing to say the least. Thinking back, it suddenly hit her. "Wait, you mean the guy from the candy store? How the hell did he even get here? I thought it was impossible unless you were a guardian!" she questioned, hands moving about. Sure, the whole new society of Molhaven was more than enough to get used to. Just when she thought she understood what the rules were, she'd get proven wrong. Everything was far too complex than it needed to be.

Cal hummed as he leaned against one of the trees, watching a few guards in the front of the gates giving him several different looks. Confusion, irritation. He simply rolled his eyes as he added another comment through the mindlink between him and Orion. Don't you dare push your mindset into guilt because I said that.

Malachi still wasn't quite sure of it all. He took Kaz's hand in his smaller one and gave it a quick squeeze, let go, and did the same to Vaughn's. It had been a bit odd to see Uncle Argo so flustered as well. Hearing the cat-man say something from up ahead about a 'mate' the smaller boy gave a smile to his dads. The man known as Orion said him meaning he loved another man. He wondered how happy they made each other. Walking up the stairs, he felt extra thankful for his parents. Even if they were both a bit on edge from the huge fight that happened in the arena only minutes ago.

@Ca1iCa1--Is--Tired

@Desvelarse @Painted-Iris-might-be-back
@sleeby_rat
I don’t know if y’all still use Notebook.ai, or if you have any interest in either continuing this or rewriting it, but I extend the offer to both! I know it’s been several years and life changes, but this rp was a great source of comfort and memes, so my hope is that you respond!

@Painted-Iris group

(Ngl if y'all ever return again I'd be down for a re-write! When we started, I was super new to roleplaying and I believe I can do a lot better. I feel bad I missed this though!)