forum 1920's roleplay!
Started by @Lenered
tune

people_alt 35 followers

@Lenered

The 1920's was the era of cars, flappers, woman's rights, jazz, illegal alcohol, discrimination of colored people, radio's, fashionable clothing, cinema, television, sound movies (gasp), and it was the end of the first world war. It's now called, (drumroll please) the roaring twenties for the cultural growth in America.

@Lenered

AAAAAnd it was the era of being more accepting of homosexuality, The Olympics, sports, fashion, literature, dance, and dance clubs.

@Lenered

Wow, no one. That's okay, I'll just sit in the corner and weep because writing about another era seems to be unpopular here….(sits in corner and reads while eating cheetos)

@Lenered

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Civilization! (Clears throat) Hello fellow human, please, insert your character's description.

@WriteOutofTime

I've got just the character! I'll modify her to be more flapper like, but yeah!

Lau Loo
Age 19
Japanese. Short black hair, dark almond shaped eyes, about 5'5, lithe and narrow. She's a spoiled rich girl who pretends to have struggled. She's spoiled and overbearing, rash and reckless, but also full of fun and spontaneous. She's stronger than she looks, and enjoys a good fight. Loves booze and jazz.

What's the premise? I could make one up if you don't have one.

@Lenered

Delilah Pip
5'4"
female
She would be the class clown if she were in a class, but she dropped out of high school to pursue her dreams of being a famous movie star, which, she actually is. (Don't drop outta school kids!) She's friendly, a romantic, jokes around too much.

Short curly blonde hair, brown eyes, freckles.

@WriteOutofTime

(Sounds good)

The lilting sound of the piano danced through Lau's ears as she made her way through the club. The jazzy, sultry voice pouring in from the stage and the billows of cigarette smoke drifting about excited her. She grinned. What would Daddy think if he knew precious Lau was at a club like this? The thought made her laugh. She didn't care what he though. She was gonna be a star, just like Delilah Pip.

@Lenered

Delilah's voice filled the air as she sang in the run down club, she was in disguise for just a night of fun. A black wig, brown glass-contacts. She leaned back on the piano, winking at the men in the crowd and holding onto the microphone as she took in the smoke-filled air and beautiful fashions. Delilah laughed, what the public would say if they found her here!

@Andislee_Beau_Raven

(Thank you)
Jack E. Kegley
5' 7"
Male
22 years/Scorpio
Golden brown hair, blue eyes, and pretty handsome (doesn't see the appeal). Women always want to be around him and he enjoys their company, but is quite oblivious to the obvious flirtation. Has a great jazz voice, favorite drink is an Old Fashioned on the rocks, a hopeless romantic, but only to the women who peak his interest.
~~
As Jack walked into the dance club a familiar voice filled the room. He hurried to see the stage and there was a woman, but she looked nothing like Delilah Pip. The sound was so distinct though, how could it be that a voice like that is preforming in a run-down dance club like this? As the slender woman leaned against the piano, with mic in hand, Jack began to suspect that the beautiful woman on stage was Delilah Pip; but still he had some doubts.

@glitchy-plant

((i really love this idea oml. character: Arrow/Alicia. 5'5, 5'7/8" with her heels on. She has the voice of and angel an wants to pursue a music career but shes not confident enough to get on stage. Although shes trying to launch her music career, she also takes tons of interest in dating the boys and girls around town, and fashion

@glitchy-plant

Alicia slipped into the bathroom in the back of the run down club, reapplying her ruby red lipstick and re-pinning her hair to it's perfect bun with little wisps falling around her crystal earrings. She sighed and hummed along to the woman singing on the stage, wishing she could be in her place. She smoothed out her dress and made her way back out to a table by the stage.

@Andislee_Beau_Raven

In an innocent attempt to meet new people Jack walked over to a table in front of the stage randomly and spotted a baby vamp with her hair pinned up perfectly and crystal earrings who seemingly enjoyed the woman singing on stage. He leaned in to speak to her, "do you mind if I join you? I promise you no off-time jive."

@Lenered

Delilah delivered the last note, an incredibly high one, that was supposed to be difficult, but she executed it flawlessly. "Let's give a big round of applause to Marjorie Count!" a man with a microphone went on stage and gave Delilah a curt nod. She headed backstage to her dressing room and studied her dresses. Delilah hated changing in the dressing room, it wasn't locked so anyone could come in at any time. She put her back to the door and slipped off her tight black dress that accentuated her curves, putting on a more loose, white dress that was much shorter and had a poofy skirt.
Delilah headed down, towards the tables, when she was approached by a man. He started to talk, "Marjorie, your voice was amazing! I bet that if I signed you onto my record, you could be more famous than Delilah Pip!" Delilah giggled, "I don't believe I want to be." she held onto her martini that she'd picked up from the bar and took a few sips before her face started turning red. Delilah apologized, "I get real tipsy, real easy, sir, now if you'd excuse me." she pushed her way through the crowd until she started feeling woozy and she fell into a strangers lap. A handsome stranger, with blond hair and blue eyes, who was talking to a pretty lady, Delilah laughed, "I guess I fell for ya, didn't I?" and then she fainted.

@Lenered

(I'm going to be gone for a while, and I don't want any of the characters figuring out Delilah's identity until I give the okay. Okay?)

@Andislee_Beau_Raven

As the woman fell into Jack's lap he was taken completely by surprise, he picked the woman up, and apologised to the baby vamp for needing to leave so abruptly. "I'm so sorry, I think my friend, Bunny, here has had too much to drink. I'm going to take her outside for some fresh air." As he hurried the woman out of the dance club he began to recgonise the woman, but he wasn't too sure. The burst of the cool night air was like a smack in the face, surely this woman would regain consciousness. Blake didn't want to have to take this drunken woman to his place only to have her wake up worried that he took advantage of her. And what about the baby vamp back inside, he wanted to ask her name, but was interrupted. Blake just stood leaned against a wall holding the drunken woman upright against him waiting for her to come to. Occasionally he would fan her, check her breathing, re-position her; he didn't have much experience with drunken women fainting on him.