forum Love Potions and Sharp Teeth ✨🔮🦇
Started by @Fenrir
tune

people_alt 79 followers

@Tired-but-passionate

(Ok so)
(There are 2 kinds of vampires, true vampires and undead vampires. Undead vampires are basically just preserved corpses that used to be alive. So like, if a human is bitten by a true vampire or drinks true vampire blood (which is not really blood and is just a black, oil-like substance), they will die and rise again as a vampire. Undead vampires, being corpses, do not bleed, cry, sneeze, get sick, sleep, produce heat, reproduce, all that. They must feed on blood every day in order to survive and not go feral with blood thirst.)
(True vampires are living creatures (some would say monsters), and can usually go a few days to a week without feeling the need to feed on blood. They’re the ones that tend to come with the extra superpowers like shapeshifting or super strength, and they can also infect others with their vampirism with a chemical compound in their black blood that they can excrete from their fangs. They’re known for their large, regal families and histories (bc immortality)
(All vampires have the same weaknesses: garlic, silver, stake through the heart, sunlight (but here it doesn’t kill them), all that)
(Alex is a true vampire, that’s why he’s warm to the touch and why he has a large family with a history of Catholicism. I imagine Rain is a true vampire as well.)

@Fenrir

(ooh i really like that actually, gives some lore to vampires. That could also play into witches adversions to all vampires, they think all vampires are the same but in reality it's just the undead vampires they have to worry about. In order to keep their own safe they don't usually associate with any vampire.)

@Tired-but-passionate

(Yeah! I also think it would be interesting if there were a population of undead vampires in the academy, likely smaller than the true vampires. And that maybe undead vampires are kinda considered disabled? Both by themselves and true vampires, since they are quite literally dependent on blood)

@Fenrir

(I also like that idea. We could introduce one later on or to have the side characters more present in the story have either rain or jeckle have a sibling that could possibly be an undead vampire? Not sure how that'd work plot wise but just an idea.)

@Tired-but-passionate

(ooh I'm interested!)
"I'll have to bring her once we get back from vacation so you can meet her. I'm sure she'd love you." His smile softened as he looked up at Alex, phone slowly dropping into his lap as his attention was stolen by the vampire. Cas tipped his head in thought, "querido vampiro does have a nice ring to it." He agreed, still trying to think of what else to call Alex. "Mi lindo vampiro, or corazon Mio" he Cas added on, hiding a yawn behind his hand. He hadn't realized how late it had gotten until he checked his phone. Nearly midnight, and he still had to wake up early for work tomorrow. "As much as I want to stay here, I have to get going." He told Alex, reluctantly pulling away from his embrace to stand and stretch. "I really am sorry about the potion. If I had known it was meant for you I wouldn't have made it." He apologisied, slinging his backpack over his shoulder.

“Ohhh, you should.” Alex grinned. He leaned closer and murmured, “Well, whatever you choose, I’ll like it.”
He couldn’t stop the frown from crossing his face as Cas mentioned he had to leave. Even as he moved away from him, Alex felt a strong urge to pull him back, to hold him close and never let go. Was it the potion? He tried to resist. “Oh.” He stood up as well. “Y— yeah.” He shrugged. “Well, it is what it is. And besides, maybe Jeckle was right. Maybe we would have kept dancing around our feelings if you didn’t make the potion.”
He paused, watching Cas with a nervous look on his face. All this energy was building up inside of him, and he wanted Cas to stay with him so bad, but he couldn’t just do that to him. Then, before he could change his mind, he reached his hand out. “H— hey, wait. Ahhh, maybe this is the potion talking again, but, um. Before you go, can…” he coughed. “Can we kiss?”

@Fenrir

Cas breathed a laugh and nodded his head "that is probably true and somehow I think Jeckle knew that. As much as I regret making that potion, and hate that I had a hand in deceiving you, I am glad that I was able to finally confess my feeling for you. If the potion wears off, I hope you have to same confidence I do now to tell you how I feel again." He gave a hopeful, tired smile as he reached for the door, glancing up when Alex was suddenly on his feet and taking his hand. "You really want to kiss a witch, mi vampiro? I wouldn't want you to regret anything later" He asked with amusement, too drained of magic and tired to register the blush rising to his cheeks. Cas had been thinking of what it would be like to kiss Alex all night, had been tempted to tug him in just for a moment to steal a quick kiss but he couldn't bring himself do it until now. He gently intertwined their hands and pressed his lips to Alex's knuckles, "Of course it's okay, corazon." He murmured softly

@Tired-but-passionate

Alex smiled. “I hope so too. I think I will.”
Then his smile turned into more of a smirk. “I think I’ll regret it more if I don’t, pequeño brujo.” He moved closer to Cas, wanting to get a closer look at those blushing cheeks of his. The urge to kiss him had also been present in the back of his mind, but now that he was leaving, that urge had been brought to the forefront to replace the urge to keep him here. His eyes still burned red as Cas pecked his knuckles, and he sighed wistfully. Using his other hand, he cupped his cheek and leaned in close.
“You’re so cute when you blush…” he murmured. Unable to wait any longer, he kissed Cas, softly and innocently. However, he made sure to pull away before the potion made him cross any boundaries. His own cheeks were now flushed too, and he stared at the little witch for a moment. He then decided to kiss his forehead, his hair brushing up against his face.
He let go of his hand and cheek. “Good night, Cas Leroux,” he whispered.

@Fenrir

Cas watched as Alex came closer, breath hitching for a moment as he met the vampire’s gaze. “I am not, I look like tomato.” He corrected with a cheeky smile of his own. Cas faltered, his eyes fluttering shut before he leaned into the hand at his cheek, willing himself to stay up right, even as he melted on the inside. He would have fallen asleep in Alex’s arms if he were allowed, his warmth, the feeling of another body beside him, with Alex beside him. He looked up just in time to see Alex leaning in before his eyes closed again and kissed Alex back, gentle and slow. His free hand came to rest on Alex's cheek, staying there even as they broke their kiss. He opened his eyes, hazy for moment, as he regained his train of thought. Right, he was tired and was going to go home. But he wanted to stay here, with Alex, the beautiful vampire boy who carried around a rosary, who had an easy smile and a playfulness that always seemed to grace his features. He hummed softly before slowly dropping his hands tohis side. "Good night, Alex Ruiz." He replied softly, smiling before he nudged open the dorm buding doors and left for his own dorms.

@Tired-but-passionate

(And their bodies are preserved, so they’re not rotting corpses, their just what it says on the tin. The living dead. More like a ghost with a body and a thirst for blood than a zombie)

@Tired-but-passionate

His mind was going crazy and completely still at the same time. It made him just dazed enough to watch Cas disappear behind the doors with sleepy, lovestruck smile on his face before he realized Cas was actually gone. And, like some sort of sad puppy with abandonment issues, he sat right in front of the door and waited for Cas to somehow come back. He blamed it on the potion. He was pretty sure he would never do this normally. But maybe, just maybe, he would come back, and Alex would feel… normal. He couldn’t seem to feel normal in himself when he was without Cas. The edges of his vision seemed to be tinted pink.
Eventually, maybe after ten to fifteen minutes, he gave up. Or at least, he managed to convince himself to give up. It was late, and Cas had to sleep. It was better for him to sleep than stay with him. He left the door, looked back around at the common area. Upon finding his mess of juice and potion on the floor, he got a towel from the kitchen and cleaned it up. It was fairly good to distract himself. Soon he found the incentive to go back to his dorm.
When he got there, it was quiet and empty. He was used to this though, as Rain stayed with Jeckle for long periods of time like this, especially after the somewhat busy day they had. What he was more concerned about was that Cas wasn’t here with him. It was strange. He had never thought about Cas this much before. It was as though he needed him now, he didn’t just want him. He got out his laptop, and tried to distract himself from his thoughts by doing some work for his classes for the next day.

@Fenrir

The moment Cas stepped out into the chilly night, Cas wanted to immediately return to back to the dorms and curl up with Alex, warm and with someone he loved. He resisted the urge to turn around right then and there and eventually returned back to his own dorm. He barely registered waving to his roomate, dropping his bag by his bedroom door and flopping into bed. As tired as he was, he couldn't help but feel guilty for making the love potion, for giving into what Cas knew were the effects of the potion on Alex, for kissing Alex…oh gods he had kissed the most beautiful, most kindest, most amazing vampire in the world hadn't he? Cas groaned into his pillow and before dragging himself out of bed to change into something more comfortable, deciding to get some sleep for the rest of the night.

"Sooo, how'd it go last night?" Jeckle drawled, nudging Cas' arm as he settled beside the witch and pulled out a box. Cas' arched an eyebrow, eyeing the box suspiciously, "it went fine, shouldn't I be asking that about you and Rain?" Cas asked with a tilt of his head. He had slept well last night despite being up so late, had even gotten some work done for the apothecary and did some research on a reverse love potion that morning. Jeckle chuckled softly and shook his head. "Just what you normaly do as people who love each other. This is for you by the way, from both me and Rain as an apology for the potion thing. Hopefully you can use to help people at your shop."

@Tired-but-passionate

“Alex? Is that you?”
The voice was enough to get his eyes to blink open. For a moment, his vision was blurry with sleep, but when it cleared he found Rain looking back at him without any makeup on her face, a rare sight indeed.
“Mm? What?” He raised his head, but something felt off.
They laughed. “Hah! It is. You know, you’re cuter like this.”
Alex looked around, wondering what was up. Immediately, he saw his paws in front of him and his tail on the end of the bed. He was covered in bracken fur. He studied himself, then just laid his head back down. He was now a wolf. “Oh, right.” He sighed. “Look. I can explain.”
“And I can listen.” Rain grinned, and reached over to scratch his ears. His tail started wagging with appreciation.
“Listen, that love potion is wild,” he grumbled, “I couldn’t stop thinking about him last night.”
“Oh? How did it go?”
“I’ll get there. I tried to distract myself however I could, doing homework, playing guitar, all that, but it never worked. I couldn’t even sleep because he was living rent-free in my brain. My mind went places, Rain. It was bad. But then, I tried shapeshifting. And it worked. I don’t know why, I guess it just messed with brain enough. I could finally sleep,” he moaned. “Also, sleeping in wolf form is actually really comfortable. I’m gonna do it from now on.”
Rain laughed hard, but also gave him an apologetic look. “Oh, wow, sorry about that. Unintended consequences of setting you guys up. How was your time with him?”
Alex immediately brightened, his tail wagging more fervently. “It was great! We kissed.”
She squealed. “Awww! I’m glad.”
He made a noise of agreement, then raised his head again. “Man… do you think I could skip class because I’m a wolf? I think the potion’s going to kick in once I turn back.”
“Ehhh… you could,” they shrugged. “But probably not. I mean, Professor Chance would know right away, but maybe you could ask her for extra credit points for sleeping in a transformed state.” She giggled at the thought. “Now excuse me, I’m going to get dressed.” They got up from the bedside, leaving Alex to mull over his options. To transform, or not to transform…