forum “ there's nothing left to say now.”
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 56 followers

@Fraust

"Ooh, that would be great!" Nathaniel exclaimed, interrupting what was bound to be a protest from his husband. "You're looking into a water focus, chickadee?" He asked his son. Corbin nodded, his face still pretty flushed. Lorenzo grumbled again and sighed, closing his eyes. "I suppose that's alright… he already knows the basics of magic from what I've taught him."

Deleted user

Cyrus nodded, taking the cap off his water bottle and bending the water around corbin, even water that touched his shirt bounced off like it was in space. It was a pretty complicated trick to not let the other person get wet. “ thank you, “ he said gratefully ( Cyrus trying his hardest to impress lorenzo)

@Fraust

Corbin watched the water curiously and Nathaniel clapped a bit, grinning and clearly intrigued. He was always interested in magic, but never could do it himself. Lorenzo was much more difficult to read, but at least didn't have any overtly negative responses. He was pretty skilled in several areas himself, but he supposed the water magic was adequate. "Lovely! I'm sure you'll be a great teacher for our Cori." Nathaniel replied cheerily.

Deleted user

“ Thanks, “ he said with a smile. He put the water back in the bottle and put it in his pocket. He looked around the house a bit, out of topics to talk about.

@Fraust

"We should probably get going soon." Corbin said after a bit, laughing softly. Nathaniel whined a bit, not wanting him to go, but eventually allowed the two of them to leave. Corbin sighed a bit once he and Cyrus were out of the house. "Sorry about all of that…"

Deleted user

“ it's fine, “ he said, he looked over to corbin and looked away quite quickly “ Lorenzo seems like a hard father to impress. “ he said

@Fraust

"Y-Yeah… and dad is pretty much incapable of calling me by my given name. Sorry for all the dumb Nicknames." He laughed nervously, his face flushed.

Deleted user

“ I think chickadee had to be my favorite “ he said with a laugh and a kind look at corbin

@Fraust

"Shut uuup…" Corbin whined, burying his red face in his hands again. "He's called me that since I was a baby… Star, too, since my middle name is Starling."

Deleted user

Cyrus smiled and laughed a little, without thinking he put his hand in Corbin's, still smiling and laughing about his new found joke.

@Fraust

Corbin sighed softly and squeezed Cyrus' hand a bit, starting to walk home with him. "Papa isn't normally that scary, I swear. He's just protective over me. Dad just loves meeting new people so he's more subtle about it, but he was definitely testing you as well."

Deleted user

“ I heard. He seemed pretty interested in what I was doing with you. “ he said. “ so, what do you want for supper? I'd figure I'll cook this time, it's only fair.” he said and looked over at corbin.

@Fraust

"Mm? Oh, anything is fine… I don't really have much to cook with at my place, though." Corbin laughed softly. "Even if they were kinda intimidating, did you like my dads?" He asked curiously.

Deleted user

“ yeah!” he said with a bright smile “ they're pretty cool” he continued “ and I could go to the store and pick up stuff for something my dad taught me to cook,” he mentioned

@Fraust

Corbin nodded and smiled softly. "Dad is something else… I haven't seen any other angels in this area. No one ever really seems prepared to see him, even when I warn them about his whole… aura, or whatever."

Deleted user

“ actually your dad was what I expected, though I thought Lorenzo would be a little less John wick style “ he said with a laugh.

@Fraust

Corbin laughed a bit as well. "Y-Yeah, he's… not normally like that. Dad was the same as always, but papa is usually a lot more chill. I'm sure he'll warm up to you in time."

Deleted user

“ I hope so,” Cyrus said. He was quite surprised corbin hadn't said anything about his hand. The blue jay always felt a certain feeling around the other, what it was he had started to piece together. Though he'd more than likely never get the chance to ask.

@Fraust

"What do you wanna get for dinner?" Corbin asked as he walked into a nearby grocery store with Cyrus. "Um… I don't really have a ton of money, so I usually just buy whatever is on sale."

Deleted user

“ one, chicken tacos, two I was going to pay for it chickadee “ he joked, Cyrus went through the store to find the ingredients he needed and the spices, “ what kind of drinks do you want?” he asked kindly.

@Fraust

Corbin flushed at the nickname, whining a bit in protest, but not really actually doing much about it. "Mmmm… anything is fine. I like most fruity stuff, like lemonade and juice."

Deleted user

“ okay, “ Cyrus said and grabbed some juices. One specifically for himself was cranberry juice.

@Fraust

Corbin followed Cyrus around the store, occasionally bending down to look at things. "What all do we need?" He asked.

Deleted user

“ just taco Shells, chicken obviously some paprika, thyme, cajun seasoning and whatever toppings you want. “ he listed off his mental list

@Fraust

"Okay. Whatever toppings are fine." Corbin hummed softly to himself as he looked around, trotting along beside Cyrus to keep up. "What toppings do you like on your tacos?"