forum The Bully and the Nerd: A Gay Romance
Started by @SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group
tune

people_alt 60 followers

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

The boy started to read, having bookmarked where he left off in his own collection of Poe short stories and poems. He glances up at Jack again.

"I see you're into 'classic literature' as well," he says after noticing what the other boy was reading.

@ElderGod-Carrots

Jackson blinked, lowering his book so that his eyes were visible as he glanced at the other boy, “It’s the best kind. They’re so full of emotions that today’s books seem to lack.”

The boy chuckles. "True, but that isn't to say that there aren't any modern books that have the same feel." He extricates himself from the beanbag, gathers his things, and moves to join Jackson at his table.

@ElderGod-Carrots

Jackson shrugged, sitting up straight in his chair, “That is true. But I prefer classics anyway. I just think there’s something more magical about them.”

(He's not the type to introduce himself. Just the fact that he initiated conversation was kinda out of character for him….)

"So far I've only read The Hobbit," he says, looking down in embarrassment. "I've seen the movies though!"

@ElderGod-Carrots

“You’ve never read Lord of the Rings?!” Jack blinked in surprise, “You’re missing out because they’re amazing! I’m Jackson, by the way.”

@ElderGod-Carrots

Jackson hummed a little, smiling down at his book, "Poe is pretty good, I went through a faze and just exclusively read them. Haven't picked them up for a while though."

@ElderGod-Carrots

"Nice list. I'm making my way through all of the Middle Earth law at the moment so I'll read the Simirillion after. Even though I should have read it first."

@ElderGod-Carrots

"Davis," Jack said without hesitation, "Watch out for Davis and his gang. He'll make your life hell if you get on his bad side… or even if he just.. don't like you.." He shrugged, looking down at his lap.

@ElderGod-Carrots

"Good, be glad," Jack replied, "He's over six foot, muscular, green eyes, huge asshole, blonde-y brown cropped hair. You'd know him if you saw him."

"Ah, one of those people," Jason states with understanding. "There were some of those at my old school, which… partially burnt down by the way."

He falls silent for a while. The signs of deep remorse comes into his features as he slumps forward and sighs, staring at his hands.

I didn't cause that fire, I couldn't have…. I wonder why he hasn't asked about the gloves yet?

@ElderGod-Carrots

Jack lifted his gaze, raising a brow, “It… burnt down?” He asked slowly. He noticed the gloves, glancing between them and Jason’s face, “What are the gloves for? If you don’t mind me asking.”

"They're not meant to protect me," Jason proclaims, his eyes slightly wide. "They're meant to protect others."

He sighs, the slight acrid smell of smoke on his breath. "I'd explain, but it'll be easier to show you."

"Well, my skin is actually so naturally hot that it can burn another person if I'm not careful…. Which is why I wear these." Jason responds. Great, another person that doesn't believe me.

Looking up he notices how Jack was acting, and raises an eyebrow.

"Since I was 6," he answers and relaxes a bit. "So for ten years now."

The bell rings signalling the end of the period. The two and other people in the library gather their things as other students start to gradually flow into the halls. A cacophony of noise shortly follows with conversation, laughter, and slamming lockers.

Smiling, Jason says, "It was nice meeting you Jack. I'll see you around sometime, but right now its time for me to go to art."