forum Aladdin 2019
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 38 followers

Deleted user

So I love the new Aladdin.
It’s vibrant and stunning.
Don’t believe all the hate it’s getting, because honestly you will most likely love it.

It's similar enough to be considered the same movie but different enough that it can be considered it's own separate movie.

Sure, there are pros and cons. They come with any movie.
I just really want to express my feelings on it, but I’ll try not to spoil for those who haven’t seen it but want to.

Pros:

• Will Smith. He was a brilliant touch to the movie, and he’s amazing in the role. He’s pushed away from Robin William’s Genie out of respect reasons and made his own Genie, but he’s not trying to overshadow his predecessor. He can sing, oh boy can he sing. He managed to harmonise with the songs and keep the original Aladdin feeling while making it his own.
  • Naomi Scott. For me, she was always perfectly cast. She brings a new personality to Jasmine, one that is so much better. She gives more defiance to Linda Larkin’s original Jasmine, and this easily caters to the newer generation of children who haven’t seen the original. It also shows how much effort Naomi and the writers have put in to make the character even better.
  • Mena Massoud. I just genuinely love Mena. He was a perfect Aladdin after seeing him in the cinema, and he just has a presence. He and Will have perfect chemistry as Aladdin and the Genie, and I think that makes the movie even better.
  • Will and Mena. Perfect chemistry.
  • Marwan Kenzari. He’s a good Jafar. More realistic looking than the original, obviously.
  • Navid Negahban. I have nothing to say about him other than he was a perfect choice for the Sultan. His Sultan is more serious than the original, but it adds more depth to the character.
  • Speechless. Perfect song. It is constantly playing in my head. It just shows how much the character of Jasmine has been developed for the new film.
  • Arabian Nights. Chills. Literal chills.
  • Abu. Fucking adorable. I just want to eat him up.
  • Carpet. Amazing.
  • Abu and Carpet. Fucking adorable. And that hug at the end…squeal.

Cons:

• Iago. He’s been stripped of all his character. Gilbert Gottfried was a perfect Iago and gave so much depth to the bird. I understand making the character more realistic, but they did that to Abu and he’s perfect. For me, they ruined the best character. His best/funniest line is probably Thief in the palace. Thief in the palace.
  • Dalia and Genie. So unnecessary. Dalia is Jasmine’s handmaiden, and everyone should know who Genie is. Sure, the relationship is cute, but it’s just so unnecessary. Remove it.
  • CGI Genie. Crap. Looks fucking terrible. Mind you, Genie isn’t blue for most of the movie, but still. The blue Genie pops up over the course of the movie, but the CGI is better then. Make it constant please.
  • They missed out on the best scene. You know, the one where Jafar tries to trick Sultan into making Jasmine marry him. Sultan snaps out and goes But you’re so old. Gold. I was so disappointed when it wasn’t in the movie.

Deleted user

They actually replaced Achmed with Prince Anders of Sconland, who is literally the only white actor in the movie.

Also if you like Achmed, I recommend watching StarKid's Twisted, which is a fractured fairy tail based on Jafar. There's literally a song basically based on that fact, and Robert Manion is the best when he lefts out a He fucked a tiger!.

Deleted user

I love StarKid
First saw them with the first Harry Potter one they did
Online access is the best