We all know Cinderella. The story has been told thousands and thousands of times. Why not tell it again?
Cinderella has always wanted a break. Her stepfamily is now the only family she has, but to them, she is a mere slave in her own home. She wanted a break from the work, the abuse, from being a man. When it’s announced that the kingdom’s prince will host a ball, Cinderella sees a chance. One night. One night away from the drudgery and pain to have a good time, eat good food, wear a beautiful dress like she always wanted. Despite her stepmother keeping her home with an endless list of tasks, she decides to make herself a dress, put on her stepsister’s makeup, and hitch a carriage ride to the palace.
The prince does not host this ball without an ulterior motive. His kingly father grows older and older everyday, and yet his son is still without a wife or children. His parents beg him to find a suitable bride, and so the prince reluctantly agreed. A ball seemed an excellent way to find one, but the prince was determined to stall a marriage for as long as possible. So he planned to make his marriage a fabrication, a lie, and then to break it down when the time was right.
So he picked the first woman who caught his eye, and danced with her. Cinderella had never danced with someone before, much less with a prince. It was nice, but when he asked her to be his bride, she was reluctant until he elaborated that it wasn’t a real marriage. And she became interested. Why go back to her old life?
But then, the clock struck twelve.
- Cinderella is trans
- this is a fake engagement au
- I would like experienced rpers for this. If I haven’t rped with you before, I will ask for a sample
- no, the fairy godmother will not make an appearance in this, at least I don’t plan on it
- TW: this rp will likely include transphobia, depictions of abuse, and other less-than-fun stuff. Pls let me know if you are triggered by anything
- this will be a romance, but let’s keep any sexual content to a minimum, or just fade to black
- I was thinking this would have a late 17th to early 18th century vibe, since the original Cinderella was written around that time.
- Andrew’s rules!
We can discuss roles and I’ll post templates when someone shows interest.