forum Broken Dreams and Haunting Memories// Closed!// 16+
Started by @ElderGodSwimwithGamers group
tune

people_alt 67 followers

@Max_Miracle_DroppedMostOfTheirRPs

Simon nodded. “Okay, I’ll make sure to be careful where I walk.” He said, relieved that he was given the option to walk. It was the most freedom he’d probably be able to get when it came to being around Astral.

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

"Thank you. As long as we stick to the path, things should be fine." Astral turned to Simon from the plant, smiling softly before he began to walk. He looked… peaceful, more so than most times. The gardens were his favorite place to be, after all.

Simon walked next to Astral as much as the path allowed, not making any conversation unless Astral wanted to talk. He was relieved by how relaxed the god was here. Maybe things would actually be okay for their time together today.

Most of the talking Astral did do was about the garden itself, pointing out flowers and ferns, explaining their uses or special details about them that most wouldn't know. There seemed to be something that he wasn't saying about the plants in his words, but whatever it was he kept to himself.
Sometimes he could even jokingly call the plants nicknames.

Simon could tell that something was a bit off, that he was missing a detail, but he decided it was better not to pry. He did pay attention to what Astral was saying though, it was all quite interesting. At first he asked questions here and there, but the more they walked, Simon fell silent. He was still listening to Astral, but he was also focusing on trying to keep up with him. He hadn’t walked this much since what happened, and it had taken a toll on his body for sure.

Astral continued on with his talk for a moment, turning to look at Simon. His shoulders rose slightly when he saw the state Simon was in, what he was going to say dying on his tongue.
"I think that's enough walking for now," he said softly, offering a hand. "Here, there's a bench right over here you can rest on."

Simon nodded, doing his best to just stare at his feet as he took Astral’s hand, letting the god guide him over to the bench. “Thanks.” He mumbled. He kept his eyes on his feet, fully expecting Astral to launch into some lecture about how he shouldn’t push himself and that it was bad for the baby. And of course that was the best case scenario. Worst case, their time in the garden would be over and Astral would try to keep an eye on him for the rest of the day.

Astral led Simon towards the bench, going notably slower now than before. He moved to help Simon sit before joining him, keeping some distance between them on the bench.
"I'm sorry for not noticing sooner, I was so excited to show you the garden I didn't keep in mind your needs."

Simon glanced quickly over at Astral, surprised by that answer. “It’s okay. Sorry, I probably should’ve said something.” He apologized preemptively. Maybe Astral was just leading with the concern and getting into the lecture afterwards. Simon was convinced that there was no way he would get out of this without one. But maybe the apology would make Astral not drag it out for as long. “It’s nice to see you excited about all of this.” He began, gesturing around at the garden, hoping to change the subject.

"No, no need to apologize. I'm the one who had experience after all, I should have remembered." Astral looked out upon the garden, hands laying in his lap as his fingers curled gently to his palms.
"This garden brings many peace. I make it a point to keep things that way."

Simon nodded, relieved that the subject was changed. He looked out at the garden from the bench, letting himself catch his breath. It was hard keeping up with Astral considering the god was a solid two feet taller than him and actually in good walking condition. Simon tried not to think of his own condition but like always, that’s what his mind wandered back to. His brow furrowed and he did his best to just think happy thoughts or whatever the fuck else you’re supposed to do with traumatic memories. He had to admit though that despite his swirling thoughts, the garden was, as Astral had said, peaceful.

Astral was quiet, holding back the urge to do anything at the moment. He couldn't help Simon without forcing something he didn't want afterall, and they couldn't do much but sit there until Simon was ready.
"I can promise you this," he finally said, voice wavering between murmur and whisper, "that no matter how I may be day to day, nothing will ever happen to you in here." The flower had been moved already after all, so Simon couldn't be trapped again.

Simon nodded, not responding to Astral’s comment at first in any way besides that. At least, if nothing else, he’d be able to hide here if things got too bad. It was good to know that Astral did have something that he truly seemed to value. He actually did have a line that he wouldn’t cross and that was making sure nothing bad would happen in this garden. As Simon looked out across the flowers and foliage, he could understand why. “Thank you.” He responded just as quietly, as if they were both trying to hide the conversation from the Astral that wasn’t as nice. At times it really did feel like they were two different people. But then again, most abusive narcissists were like that. “I think I’m ready to go again if we just walk a bit slower.”