forum writing log (at 40,000 words now)
Started by @n o s t r a d a m u s location_city
tune

people_alt 81 followers

@n o s t r a d a m u s location_city

Haven't written today because I've been non-stop with the job interviews. I've had 3 today and one required me to travel an hour and a half away to their HQ so I haven't had the chance to write. I'm probably gonna spend tonight isolating out my chapters and figuring out what scenes are missing as prep for NaNoWriMo so I know what I have to write in because my master doc can be a bit overwhelming. I also might do a bit of a writing exercise that's not part of my actual story just to work on something for fun and play with a character dynamic I haven't figured out how to write yet. Here's the backdated writing from yesterday.
30/10/23 (WC 25097 - 25549) Total: 452

I'm two days behind on NaNoWriMo but life has been lifing and I'll catch up when it stops for a bit. Isolating out chapters and figuring out what scenes are missing has been really helpful.
03/11/23 (WC 25549 - 27220) Total: 1671

Am still alive but life has been lifeing as it often does. I have been writing though, just on and off for the past weekish. A lot has happened. I got told that I don't have to work out my notice period (basically my old job is paying me not to go in to work while they wait till my contract ends) and I have a new job with a better salary and no late nights, early mornings, or weekends that starts at the end of the month. Only problem is that it will be my first ever job where I don't wear a uniform and I own basically nothing corporate appropriate. So I've been spending the past week knitting and sewing and thrifting up a storm (but am now being forced to wait for my next batch of fabric to be delivered as so have time for writing again).

So this is from 06/11 - 14/11 writing on and off. I have given up on NaNoWriMo for now as I'm way too far behind to catch up.
(WC 30759 - 33607) Total: 2848

Did write some today at work bc it's dead at the moment. Will post the numbers when I get home. Gonna try to get the first 9 chapters done by the end of the year but am also hiking 50kms over the new years long weekend so hopefully some new ideas come to me on the trail.

Got some writing in at work. Have been taking some time to deal with my shoulder as i did it in on the aforementioned 50km nye hike and have been in a tone of pain. I had to hitchhike out of where I was hiking because of how bad it was (and the place was so remote I couldn't get an uber or taxi). But have gotten some work done today anyway.
08/01/24 (WC 36942 - 38430) Total: 1488

Chucking a sicky from work today (I was wfh anyway) bc I finally feel some kind of creative inspiration. Am going to do some planning/outlining this morning. Then hopefully some writing this afternoon.