forum hey can you judge my character? thank you
Started by @sharkfinn_ey
tune

people_alt 3 followers

@sharkfinn_ey

Heyy, I've been working on this character for a couple of years now (quite literally).
I'd really appreciate it if you'd take a look at her and maybe give me some advice/tips and so on.

her pinterest board, as always, can be found in the notes section.

Side note; I know a lot about the mental ilnesses I gave her, I've been diagnosed with some myself. I didn't put a lot of information about that in it because I know everything about it. Just mentioning it was enough for me.

@CWTurtleOfFreedom

I think she is very well-developed and you do a great job of explaining her. I don’t know if this was intentional, but I could feel her feelings through the note, if you know what I mean. You could be a very powerful writer. I just have a few questions:

1. You say she is an introvert, anti-social, etc., but then say she has a boyfriend. I’m assuming she met him at therapy? (This is more for me :))

2. She doesn’t get outside a lot, but spent years swimming
    I’m a swimmer myself, and I know that in order to swim for that long, you have to swim outside quite a bit, at least in my expirience. This is also more for me, but I assume she started and quit before she was diagnosed?

So yeah. Like I said, great character, great detail. The two things above weren’t really tips or anything, but I’d make sure you put them in the story.
Good luck!

@Becfromthedead group

I don't really have much of anything to say besides the fact that I love your character, and she's very well-developed. I'm just curious, what is your story about?

@sharkfinn_ey

I don't really have much of anything to say besides the fact that I love your character, and she's very well-developed. I'm just curious, what is your story about?

Well I don't have a story yet whoops, but I just love designing characters

@sharkfinn_ey

I think she is very well-developed and you do a great job of explaining her. I don’t know if this was intentional, but I could feel her feelings through the note, if you know what I mean. You could be a very powerful writer. I just have a few questions:

1. You say she is an introvert, anti-social, etc., but then say she has a boyfriend. I’m assuming she met him at therapy? (This is more for me :))

2. She doesn’t get outside a lot, but spent years swimming
    I’m a swimmer myself, and I know that in order to swim for that long, you have to swim outside quite a bit, at least in my expirience. This is also more for me, but I assume she started and quit before she was diagnosed?

So yeah. Like I said, great character, great detail. The two things above weren’t really tips or anything, but I’d make sure you put them in the story.
Good luck!

Thank you!
To answer your questions;
1) She did met him at therapy and was kind of nervous around him but he took things slow and let her take the wheel. Like he'd ask to sit close to her etc.
2) She swam (that's the right word right? haha) fro age 7 till 14, she stopped 6 months after her diagnoses.

Thanks again for your comment and questions!

@Becfromthedead group

Well I don't have a story yet whoops, but I just love designing characters

That's cool too! Creating characters is the best part of any story.