A pretty sizable update just went out. I basically rewrote everything related to documents (except the editor itself) based on feedback from people over the past several months.
You can read the full blog post for what all is new, but here's the short-and-sweet:
- You can now tag documents, and filter/sort documents by tag
- You can now create folders for documents, folders in folders, folders in folders in folders, etc – organize to your heart's content!
- Your recently-edited documents now always appear at the top of the document dashboard
- Documents now have a big document-level modal that pops up when you click on them in the documents dashboard, where you can edit their new synopsis (summary) field, view/edit your document notes, and customize tag/folder
- You can now see your total word count across all documents in your document dashboard
- If you put documents into a folder, you can now see your total word count across just all documents in that folder, too
- You can now jump between more documents from within the editor itself (new menus for other documents in the same folder and other folders), as well as a few other quality-of-life tweaks here
- There's now a "Document statistics" section in the Data Vault that will show you more stats about all of your documents (how often you spend writing each day, how your documents' word counts stack up against each other, how many revisions you have per document, etc).
There's a lot more small stuff, bugfixes, and a ton of speed improvements around the site in this release also, so I hope everyone enjoys!
Also, everything in this release is available to all users, regardless of free or Premium status. :)