Super High School Level Mangaka/The Ultimate Mangaka
16-17 years old
125 lbs (57 kg)
5'4" (165 cm)
Rose Brown, Rose Pink Streaks
Akiko twirls her hair when she's in deep thought or flirting, grips her clothes when she's angry or upset, and often hides her face when she's embarrassed or feeling shy
Akiko wants to show that there are alternative ways of dealing with unpleasant situations, and often wants to prove that she's smart enough to figure out how. She is also determined to never let anyone hurt her again.
Despite hating manipulation, Akiko isn't above bating people to make a point.
Akiko is also willing to sacrifice herself for her beliefs.
Akiko is very against abuse and manipulation, so much so that she believes manipulators and abusers should be punished.
Drawing (Ultimate Mangaka, hello?)
Drawing, Playing Video Games, Singing, Reading, Putting Together Outfits, Nail Art
While very friendly and sometimes chatty, Akiko is clearly and introvert; favoring being alone over people around people. She desires to make more friends, but is often distrustful after being hurt in the past. Though once she can feel she can trust someone, she is very open and honest.
During elementary school, Akiko was often bullied for being "overly friendly" and "intrusive", which caused her to recede into keeping herself away from her classmates. She went to art therapy and used drawing as a means of expressing her pain, anxiety, and desire to make friends. It was through this that she discovered her talent for drawing, and decided to pursue it. Before she was brought into Hope's Peak, she managed to publish seven one shot mangas and 5 volumes of her first series.
- According to free time events, Akiko's had about seven relationships in the past. Four of them were abusive.
- Akiko feels uneasy wearing dark clothes, but doesn't mind dark places
- Akiko will often try on outfits that she's making for her characters to see how they fit and how they look for certain movements
- According to free time events, Akiko's had all her wisdom teeth removed and one of her tonsils
- Akiko taught herself to be ambidextrous because she broke her right arm as a kid.
- Akiko believes in Deism; the idea that there is a god but that god doesn't interfere with what happens despite prayer.
- Akiko has a younger sister. Not much is known except that Akiko wants her to be the best she can be, and that her sister plays the flute.
- According to free time events, Akiko is pansexual and "will date [someone] if they are pretty and have an interesting personality".
- According to the third trial, Akiko believes that the worst possible punishment is being exposed as a horrible person and having to live with the consequences. "Death is a cop-out; living is much harder."
- According to free time events, Akiko doesn't like Kokichi because "[Kokichi] is the epitome of every single person who has ever hurt her", but also states that "if it weren't for [the past incidences], [Kokichi] would totally be [Akiko's] type"
- Her boyfriends names are Daichi, Habiki, Ken, Mamoru, Ryota, Shiro, and Yori
- Habiki, Ryota and Yori are still friends with Akiko