forum Anyone have knowledge of the 1500's?
Started by @Sassypennepasta
tune

people_alt 2 followers

Deleted user

More specifically for England and/or Persia during the 1500's. Anything from customs and food to ships and clothing would be helpful. Emphasis on river boats for Persia, because it's relevant to this one chapter that I'm currently writing.
And if anyone is interested in being part of a small research team, just so we can contact each other with any questions regarding history, I'm desperate and I'd love your help :'D

Zeland

what part of the 1500s? Because a lot of stuff happened there, and I mean a LOT. the protestant reformation happened, Wales was united with England, people started colonizing north america (mostly Spain and Portugal, but it was important), some of the most famous Renaissance minds lived, the Persians, at least towards the start, launched a campaign against the uzbeks, and the ottoman had a civil war. also Portugal invaded the Indian ocean. people's average lifestyle varied quite a bit between the start and end of the century too. Protestantism, flushing toilets, the calendar that we use today, these were all invented during the 1500s. So it would help if you could state when in the 1500s it happened, because there is a ton of stuff that happened then.

Deleted user

Oh boi
I spent like an hour reflecting over how to answer before I realized that I'm probably asking the wrong question.
Sorry for any inconvenience lol, but I just wanted to give you a heads up and thank you for prompting me to change my perspective.

Zeland

its fine. you just need to narrow it down a bit, like 1510 or 1560. that way its much easier to figure out what was happening in people's lives at the time. and your welcome for the perspective change. still here to help if you can just narrow it down a bit.