forum The Tortured Legacy of a Killer and What He Left Behind (experimental o/o)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 61 followers

Deleted user

Catch me in English class having that being the only subject I’m good at! Anyways, this is just an rp that has themes of Shakespeare and a few Victorian Gothic novels because I can’t keep suffering alone.

Plot:

Doctor Henry Jekyll was not a good man. His story was twisted from the beginning, so let me tell it my way.

My name is Robert Daniel Jekyll and I am here to tell the story of my father’s affairs, as much as it displeases me to do so. Care to join me?

Anyways, it’s basically just a rewrite of the events of Strange Case, with some added crossovers from the few books I’ve actually bothered to read all the way through including Frankenstein “metaphor for disability in modern culture” ModernPrometheus, Lord OfThe “Children are the real monsters” Flies, Dracula “Renfield Deserved Better and Also Deserved a Gay Romance With Dracula” BramStoker, plus anything else you wanna add. I just need someone to tolerate my gushing over my OCs that I’ve very sloppily and comedically rocketlaunched into this story. Also feel free to add OCs as desired, this is hell here and we are traumatized.

Template to be posted when someone joins, there are no rules when it’s Purge Time babyyyyyy!

Deleted user

(Ooh, this looks very interesting! Can I join? (or at least try to?)

Deleted user

(I haven’t seen you around here, may I have a writing sample? I’m sure you’re a good writer I just want to see if our styles mesh is all.)

Deleted user

(Once you post your sample I’d be happy to let you join!)

Deleted user

Lavendar casually answered, "You've been asleep for about an hour, actually. And you are in my humble cottage, in the middle of nowhere," she chuckled anxiously after mentioning it. "And I am-" she paused before another word was able to escape her mouth.

The young apothecary swore to the Elite she would never tell her real name to her victims. And in reality, the girl was a victim, in fact, she was never supposed to be alive in the first ­­­place, "Any stranger who dares enter your garden, should be killed and sent to us. Whether man or woman, old or young…." The words she agreed to a year and a half ago, was a vicious tune that replayed in her head…

She resumed talking, but more cold and depressive, following the script that was charred into her brain, "And I am Celosia Hortus, faithful student and apprentice of the Elite." She looked into the other girl's eyes for a few seconds before getting up and walking back to the kitchen.

She stopped before walking out of the room, "Let me know if you need anything," she said, her voice now losing its iciness, but still retaining a bit of depression. "Also, I'm making soup for lunch, I was wondering if you wanted some.

Deleted user

Ooh! I love your style lol. So, templates? And what is your character going to be?

Deleted user

(I can write responses larger or smaller than that depending on the context though.)

Deleted user

Ooh! I love your style lol. So, templates? And what is your character going to be?

(Aww, thanks and yes please. I actually don't know, are there any options?)

Deleted user

(Well, I could make some! Do you know of any classic novels that you like? I could work stuff out from there!)

Deleted user

(My main ideas off the top of my head otherwise would be like. Maybe a colleague of Danny’s? Romance optional.)

Deleted user

(Well, I've read and liked some of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's (Sherlock Holmes) and Mark Twain's works, but my favorite classics are Shakespearean plays. (Although I've only read "The Merchant of Venice," "Othello" (my favorite), and "Romeo and Juliet."))

Deleted user

(Maybe we could do a mix and match of some of those works and tweak some things to match the concept. (Just suggesting.))

Deleted user

(I haven’t read Sherlock Holmes yet but I’ve seen a few shows and movies, old and new, related to the characters thereof. Maybe Danny is asking for help from a master detective for something?)

Deleted user

(Maybe, although I'm not the best at writing detectives but I could try.)

(Weird question: has your character been willing to be a murderer? Because if so, what if our characters are trying to kill each other for good reasons? Idk, just a thought.)

Deleted user

(can I just say, I am so excited about the chance to stalk this)

(Ahh dude! I halfway wished you’d like start a second dm with me I’m honored you’re interested in my idea lol!!)

Deleted user

(Weird question: has your character been willing to be a murderer? Because if so, what if our characters are trying to kill each other for good reasons? Idk, just a thought.)

(Hmm maybe? I mean, my guy is a bit of a morals guy so idk?)

Deleted user

(Idk, it's up to you.)

Deleted user

(can I just say, I am so excited about the chance to stalk this)

(Ahh dude! I halfway wished you’d like start a second dm with me I’m honored you’re interested in my idea lol!!)

( :D Iiiii meeeeaaan…. I'd be totally down for that… :)

(👀👀)

Deleted user

(Idk, it's up to you.)

(Ok! Well maybe one scenario is that Danny thinks someone stole his dads work, and wants to stop them from using it to harm? Cue your character?)

Deleted user

(Specifically, the potion that turns a person from “Jekyll” into “Hyde” in this instance.)

Deleted user

(Okay, that would make sense, because my character likes to test with potions and poisons. So should we make our characters?)