forum a match made in hell (4/4 closed)
Started by @menace-to-society
tune

people_alt 60 followers

@menace-to-society

so i had this idea where a prince and a princess had been betrothed since they were both young, and they have hated each other since then as well. now i know what you're going to say, "isn't that just the swan princess movie?" and to that i say, "you're wrong!" why? because the prince and princess both play for the other team. they are forced to spend lots of time together before the wedding officially happens, and they start to like each other a bit. eventually, one of them explains why they hated the other and they realize that they are both gay, so they become friends and hatch a plan to get them both a gf/bf before they are officially married so they can find love in spite of their parents' desires.

and yes, it is similar to high class homos, which i love. lmao. anyway, the reason i put i might make it small group is because if more than one person shows interest, then we can have the prince and princess (ofc) but also their love interests. as far as rules and stuff go, the only things i really want to add to the basic rules (andrew's rules ofc) are i would like this to be fairly literate (1-3 paragraphs minimum :)) and i don't really do smut so yeah.

@DancingWithMyDemons business

(My writing style is largely influenced by the character I'm playing, but here's one from a more confident character)

Leo opened a door, and accidentally walked in to what appeared to be a rather somber mood. Oh no, he thought to himself, I am not getting trapped in whatever is happening right now. He turned to walk back through the door, when he looked back and saw a rather sweet looking man who stood a little way off from the others. "Hey cutie." He said walking up to him, and flashing a smile.

@menace-to-society

(My writing style is largely influenced by the character I'm playing, but here's one from a more confident character)

Leo opened a door, and accidentally walked in to what appeared to be a rather somber mood. Oh no, he thought to himself, I am not getting trapped in whatever is happening right now. He turned to walk back through the door, when he looked back and saw a rather sweet looking man who stood a little way off from the others. "Hey cutie." He said walking up to him, and flashing a smile.

(looks good! i'll throw up a form once the others have sent a sample)

@Fenrir

(yes of course, this is from one of my other rps, hope it's ok)

Roi’s smile faded as Mel turned his attention to the gardens. It had been foolish of him to come back, to ever think he would be able to rekindle any sense of passion they had had long ago. Roi now saw that love and passion Roi had taken advantage of, thrown away as if he could find better, was now directed at Nick. Of all people, the fae male who had once been the queen’s second. Who had once wanted Abrose dead as much as the captain. Ri thought himself riteous when he had first come the estate, that he had some upper hand having been Mel’s former mate. Clearly he was no better than a reformed Queen’s guard. No, he was worse. He sighed softly and glanced behind him, only to find Nick watching him…no not him, Mel. Mel had always been attractive, even for a fae. Roi had never been able to pinpoint it exactly but something about his demeanor, the way he was so proudly himself, never bending to anyone’s will no matter how much it hurt, seemed to draw any one around him in. It was definitely why Roi was drawn to him before and even now. “Mel, I think I’ve seen enough.” He said softly, pausing in the middle of the path. Mel turned, arching an eyebrow inquisitively. Gods above how had Roi been so stupid to push him away? What he would give to be in Nick’ shoes now, when this was over to go back into the estate and stay with Mel all day and all night for the rest of his life. “I’ve decided what I’m going to do.”

Abrose glanced up and smiled warmly gladly taking the cup of tea and taking a few tentative sips. “They’ll be over soon, then we’ll miss our time alone.” He teased, truly excited to have Mel and everyone else close again. Abrose gently rested his head On Easton’s shoulder, nuzzling him affectionately. “I don’t mind, dear. You’ve worked most of your life. After everything that we’ve been through I think we deserve a bit of a break. Besides was it not you who prompted me to take a break every now and then? Consider this a vacation while we settle and make a home for ourselves.” He fell silent for a few moments, breathing in the tea and closing his eyes. “It’ll take some getting used to, love. It feels weird, I’ll admit. Not needing to look over your shoulder constantly or be on your guard. Its almost to easy.” He muttered, sipping at his tea when it became cooler to drink without burning. He huffed a small sighed waved his hand to the plant beds he had managed to make out of scrap wood he had found while cleaning the home they had acquired from Mel. “Well, these are all set to start planting in. All I need are some seeds and maybe a few other supplies and we should be all set to start a new season of crops. I also thought it would be a good chance to explore the village a bit. We’ve only been there for the essentials. We could take our time, maybe even find a coffee shop and have that first date you were telling me about. “He smiled encouragingly and pressed a kiss to Easton’s temple, “We could ask around about jobs as well if you’d like. Maybe you’ll find something you’re interested in.”

@ZAVEN local_movies

(Forgive if there are hiccups in the writing, it's part of a translated version of one of my stories.)

Subaru dropped himself back onto the bed next to me, and turned to face me with his artwork in hand, he held it carefully as to not ruin any of the paint. Certainly, he had a favorite child, at least when you compare it to his victim of a canvas that was still decomposing on the floor. The painting before me was of the back of a person, though I could not tell whether they were male or female. They wore a pretty rose gold robe, and the background was bright, yet littered with flowers and miscellaneous other objects. Their skin was pallid with subtle blue and other colorful tones splayed across it, and their hair was a luminescent, blue-ish black color.

"It's beautiful," the words escaped my mouth before I even had a good chance to think about them. My blue eyes were wide with wonder, I just couldn't stop staring, it made me wonder why Subaru had always been so critical about his art. I guess we're all our worst critics, after all. Nevertheless, it seemed as though my words boosted his confidence at least a little, though I couldn't see his mouth from behind the painting, I could see in his eyes that he was smiling.

"Well, thank you," he whispered, standing up to put the painting back in its resting place. "I'll turn it in once it dries and I make some final touches." As he put down the painting, his eyes widened and he whipped around to look at me.

@menace-to-society

role: princess
name: Beatrix Valentine
title/job: Her Royal Highness/Her Highness/Princess
sexuality: lesbian
appearance: Beatrix has long, pale blonde hair that falls nearly to her waist and is ramrod straight. She has some bangs framing her delicate face and porcelain skin. In general, she looks a bit like a doll with her delicate features and short stature, but don't be fooled by her appearance, she is stronger than she looks. She stands at 5' 2" and has a slender build with a bit of lean muscles that are easy to miss in all of the fancy princess outfits she has to wear. She has a beauty mark under her left eye and a button nose with rosebud lips. Her eyes contrast with her of her appearance, instead of being light, they are darker than coal and colored black. These eyes are framed by long eyelashes and thin eyebrows so pale they are easy to miss. She is usually seen in some elaborate outfit with her hair nicely done with earrings and jewelry as well.
personality: While her looks have lent people to think she is a delicate flower of a girl, Beatrix is strong in spirit and somewhat with physical things as well. She enjoys horse riding and is trying to learn to sword-fight when her parents aren't looking. She is as frigid as the North from which her family comes to those she hates, having a somewhat legendary glare so that some who dislike her have dubbed her "The Ice Princess." Beatrix, however, is actually quite caring to those she actually likes and fiercely protective. She loves animals and cares for them as well, and abhors people who treat them like dirt. She also despises people who go against what they stand for or put on a fake front, as she is quite honest, sometimes brutally so.
brief backstory: Beatrix's kingdom is in the North, called the Crystallinum Kingdom, and she is used to the cold temperatures there. Her home kingdom does have seasons, though the summers are mild and the winters can be rough, laden with snow and ice. Her family is very traditional and demanding, and seem to think of children more as commodities than anything else. She has a brother one year younger than her who is poised to inherit the kingdom because he is a man, and that makes Beatrix furious. She hates her betrothed mostly on principle alone, but she is so stubborn it is difficult to change her mind.

@Fenrir

(here's my boy!)
role: love interest
name: Ezra Archevhiste
title/job: Royal Guard for the Prince and Princess of Crystallinum kingdom
sexuality: Pan
appearance: Ezra stands around 5’11 and has a slightly muscular build. He has coal grey eyes that turn lighter shades of grey in certain lighting. His hair is a near black brown color that goes down to the nape of his neck in curls. He has a darker, bronze complexion. His usual clothes when he’s not working are simple blousy tunics and dark colored pants, typically all under a cozy coat or jacket depending the weather. He prefers deeper shades of colors like reds and yellows. One of his daily articles of clothing are his glasses, while he can’t see well without them, people have told him he looks pretty without them.
personality: Ezra is very by-the-books sort of person, especually when it comes to his job. He likes order and rules. If he’s the one in control, Ezra feel safe and able to handle the world. Outside of the way he is about his job, Ezra is relatively laid back, almost playful when around the very few people he’s truly comfortable around. Overall, Ezra likes the order being a royal guard but when he strays from that order, he becomes flustered and confused with what to do with himself. He loves those under hsi care fiercly and would do anything for them.
brief backstory: Ezra had always had the instinct to protect, not necessarily out of something terrible that happened but just as an older brother to two sisters and a single mother, Ezra had always wanted to be there for his family. While he and his family weren't dirt poor, they could be better off, especially as his mother became ill. Becoming a royal guard seemed like the best way to ensure his family's well being, while at the same time being able to do something he genuinely enjoyed.

@Fenrir

(ty! Is it ok if I made him the prince and princess's royal guard? I thought it'd be easier to incorporate his as a love interest into the story if he had some sort of close relationship to one of the main characters but I can change that if it doesn't work with the story you had in mind.)

@menace-to-society

(yeah for sure! i was thinking the love interests would most likely be some sort of guard/servant at one of the palaces if that makes sense, just wanted to give y'all creative freedom lol,, if you want him and beatrix to be friends as well that works)

@Fenrir

(gotcha cool! And yeah was thinking Ezra and Beatrix could be friends but he would be attracted to the betrothed prince, hopefully making it easier for plot, if that makes sense 😅)