forum the goddess and her servant (take 2) // oxo // closed
Started by @saor_illust school
tune

people_alt 79 followers

@saor_illust school

i haven't heard from my previous rp partner on this the last time i tried to do this in a hot minute so uhh.. trying again :')

anyways.
prompt:

"i serve the people now," the angel said. "i have seen how it is down there. you are not my god. i will not bow down to you. never again."

"but oh, my dear, you will," purred the goddess. ""or i'll make you."

stuff you'll have to put up with if ya wanna join:
- i'm not always super consistent with my replies.
- sometimes i forget about nb for a day or two.
- be willing to help discuss the potential plot/direction of the rp with me
- i'll be playing the angel–i've already got a character for that role

rules:
- i reserve the right to say no
- andrew's rules ofc
- at least three lines when you replies please
- character sheets are a must
- i may ask for a writing sample if i don't know you

@saor_illust school

name: sloan

nickname(s):

species: angel

appearance: standing at 6’5, sloan is taller than the average human. she has white hair with long bangs covering the right side of her face and mid-chest length hair. her lips are pale, but her eyes are a bright blue, and she has dark, tanned skin. in typical angel fashion, she sports a glowing yellow halo which floats above her head, although it cannot be seen by mortals. she wears a sleeveless light pink dress with a heart-shaped window above her breasts which comes down mid-thigh, mostly opaque black thigh highs with garter belts, light pink arm sleeves which wrap around her middle fingers, and gold wide 4” tall heels. her arm sleeves are of varying length: her left sleeve doesn’t extend past her elbow, but has a small bow on it, while her right sleeve comes halfway up her forearm, with a red ribbon tied around her wrist with the excess length hanging free — it marks which goddess she responds to. around her ankles are a pair of decorative white wings attached to a gold fabric which wraps around her ankles, and there is a strange pattern on her dress.

personality: sloan tries to keep a straight but compassionate facial expression at all times. under her arm sleeves are tattoos of birds in flight, which she got when she was a young angel to symbolise her yearning for freedom. as an angel, she must be devoted to the god or goddess she serves, doing their bidding. she has a compassionate soul, wanting nothing more than to create freedom, peace, and happiness for all in existence, even striving to reverse the immortality of those who no longer wish for everlasting life. through all the years and decades she’s lived, she rarely gets excited anymore. in fact, she often thinks to herself, there are few emotions an angel is capable of having: obedience, betrayal, and contentment. this conclusion is, of course, wrong, but most other emotions are prohibited. after all, emotions only create issues. among humans, though, it is one of the many things she admires about them. how freely they feel their feelings and usually without major consequences. someday, she hopes to create an everlasting paradise, even if it isn’t possible.

likes: observing humans, peace, helping others, staying unbiased, the idea of eternity

dislikes: the restrictions on her freedom as an angel bound to her goddess, authority, lacking control over a situation or person(s), being touched (as it creates unfamiliar feelings and she doesn’t like that), change

backstory:

other: i have a ref sheet for her actually. i drew it in class LOL
as of 02/09, i also have a digitalised, coloured ref sheet for her too. it lacks the strange pattern on her dress, however.

@Tired-but-passionate

(BROOOO I LOVE HER. I WANNA DRAW HER NOW)
(Lol I have an angel myself and I think it would be fun if they interacted, but oh. Do I have a goddess, do I ever. Um, do fallen goddesses count?)

@Tired-but-passionate

name: Endra
nickname(s): End, Endi
species: fallen goddess/ cosmic deity/ demon (it’s unclear)
appearance: ref sheet and finished drawing
personality: unpredictable, chaotic. That’s her at its most basic. However, with it there’s always a method to the madness. In other words, she’s quite methodical and calculating, but she doesn’t run on the same train of logic that everyone else does. Also,,, its evil, probably? Honestly a little unclear. It also has strange ways of showing love/affection, so be prepared for that.
likes: hoarding stuff, chaos, fire, the smell of smoke and rain, pulling pranks on people, drawing on her skin, bugs
dislikes: rules, people telling it what to do, dogs
backstory (if u want): Basically, Endra’s a fallen goddess from an ancient civilization, and was worshipped as the divine manifestation of chaos, unpredictability, the unknown, and madness. When the civilization fell, its pantheon of gods “died” and lost all of their memories of the civilization and their relationship to it. At least, that’s what happened to Endra. She knows who and what she is, but it doesn’t know where she came from. However, whenever it came across something from its past, she felt so attached and connected with it that she had to know why. So nowadays, she’s taken to grabbing anything it can find, with no regard for how others would feel about it.
other: she used to be much more powerful, but these days its powers are more reduced. Basic form of shapeshifting (she can only manipulate her body as it is) which it sometimes uses to appear more like a mortal. It can also create illusions, and can cause someone to go insane. She used to be associated with fog and mirrors, so often there’s thick layers of fog that follow it, and she’s kinda the opposite of vampires where her image reflects off of many surfaces, even non reflective ones. Sometimes it uses this aspect of itself to teleport.
Theme songs: Honey I’m Home by Ghost and Pals; The Cult of Dionysus by The Orion Experience; Newton Dance by Nayutalien & Chinozo. Uses she/it pronouns.

@saor_illust school

(OMG I LOVE HERRRR)
(SHE LOOKS SO COOLLLLL)

(okay so i was thinking that even tho endra's basically nonexistent as far as most of humanity is concerned (maybe those who do know it exists consider her a mythology, but also extremely obscure?) it still has angels to serve it and yk, do whatever the hell she wants. as is the sad truth of being an angel)

@Tired-but-passionate

(THANK YOUUUU also :0 yeah yeah, that works, she would probably send them on missions to find artifacts from its civilization and stuff)
(Honestly, I think a romance would be really fun and kinda hilarious? Like. They’re so different. On so many levels. But then they do the kissy kissy-)

@saor_illust school

(HAHAHH OMG. SERVANT TO ENEMIES TO LOVERS HAHAHHAAHH)
(hm. to fit with the prompt though would it be within endra's character to just.. send sloane to do something she finds unethical? or idk. just it would have to be something that she wouldn't agree with doing. or maybe she-)
(I GOT IT. SLOANE IS PRETTY ISOLATED SINCE NOW THAT ENDRAS BASICALLY NONEXISTENT AS FAR AS MOST OF HUMANITY KNOWS. SHE MAY BE THE ONLY ANGEL LEFT SERVING IT AND THEREFORE THINKS ENDRAS ONE OF THE KEY GODS. AS A RESULT OF THAT WHEN SHE FINALLY ENCOUNTERS CIVILISATION SHE REALISES NO NOTHING IS SUNSHINE AND BUTTERFLIES PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING AND HER GODDESS ISNT DOING SHIT ABOUT IT)

@saor_illust school

Sometimes, Sloane felt lonely. This was a fact she couldn't deny. But such was the life on an angel. Contrary to popular belief, no, angels did not have free will. They existed only to serve their god or goddess and carry out the tasks they were given. Emotions, as a general rule, were mostly forbidden. She prided herself on only being able to feel obedience and contentment. Although she wasn't quite sure why, she was the only angel left in servitude to her goddess Endra. She'd heard before that the less relevant a deity becomes to society, the fewer angels they will possess. Perhaps, she often thought to herself, that maybe humanity had simply forgotten the gods of creation and created new ones, to fit their fancy.

Sloane didn't have much contact with mortals anymore. Mostly, she just had to find artifacts from civilisations she once cherished. Yes, she got curious about present-day humanity every now and then, but she always chose not to bother with them. If they could forget her goddess, she didn't owe them shit. But today, she decided to observe. She didn't have to give them anything in order to observe.

Instead of prospering nations and peace, she found a dying planet, starving people, species going extinct, natural disasters ravaging the earth, and mortals become corrupted and exploiting those beneath them. This went against all Sloane had been taught. What had happened to the family-oriented nations she once visited? What had happened to the small, sometimes isolated, but happy civilisations she watched over? This was wrong. Upon her return, she faced her goddess with defiance. "I serve the people now," Sloane began. "I have seen how it is down there. You are not my goddess. I will not bow down to you. Never again."

A dangerous line. A dangerous confrontation. She knew the consequences, and yet she still proceeded. She was willing to die for her people, even if it was not something they deserved.