forum •Fault Line• [one/one]
Started by @Dayzed forumand Confused
tune

people_alt 78 followers

@Dayzed forumand Confused

You're a hitman.
A little girl/boy has just come up to you, handed you all her pocket money, and asked you to kill her abusive relative.

Is the prompt we're going with, so you know the drill.
We're running it back and hopefully, it doesn't die this time lmao
All I ask is that you give me more than like three or four sentences, I like long replies but since you're not really used to doing this, I'll cut you some slack.
@philosophicalmess

I usually like templates to get a feel for the character, though I do like detailed templates. I personally will probably be putting a template up- though I feel like I don't have to cause I'm gonna use my boi Jenestder and I think you already know him. I posted his template in the other rp that didn't take off
I can post him here too if you want, it is very long though

Name:
Nickname (if applicable):
Pronouns:
Race:

Appearance:
Clothes:
Condition(s) (if any):
Personality:
Background:
Song:
Fun Fact:

@philosophicalmess

oki lets go-
Name: Neoma
Nickname (if applicable): Neo
Pronouns: She/her
Race: Australian

Appearance: Very curly hair, almost an afro. Medium blonde. One Blue eye and one Green eye. A scar that goes from her right eyebrow to just next to her nose, across her eye. Thin and short, you can tell from the way she holds herself that she is more mature and aware than a 10 year old should be.
Clothes: Jeans and jumpers. With either combat boots, doc or hightop runners, nothing more nothing less, most of her clothes are stolen.
Condition(s) (if any):
Personality: INFP
Background: Her mother died during childbirth. Neo is an only child and her father is a drug addict. She is physically abused and neglected her whole life and has learnt to take care of herself. She goes to the library quite a lot and was looking for ways to escape, she saw the hitmans ad on the internet and tracked him down, taking all the money she had, anything to get out.
Song: All I've Ever Known - Bahamas
Fun Fact: Firmly believes in 'Knock on wood.'

Name: Jenestder Marne Glynn
Nickname: Jen
Pronouns: He/Him
Race: Human/Hispanic

Appearance: Jen is 6'0" with sun-kissed skin from working outside under the harsh sun. He weighs 160 lbs, having a bit of muscle to him. Jen will alternate from a short shaggy boy cut, messy like a bedhead, to putting it up in a half bun when it gets too long. Sometimes he'll run a cream-like paste through it to rough it up when it's short- that's the closest thing he does to styling it. His hair is already really silky but the paste gives it a matte look instead of a glossy one. Jen isn't opposed to trying new things with his hair but he hasn't always been the one to experiment.
Jen's eyes are a russet brown with a hint of amber highlights, the outside of the iris being a black ring that mixes with the amber color. Near the center of the pupil, it's more of a rusted orange color. Jen's eyes can be soft and understanding, most of the time giving off a warm welcoming look but he can also switch to an intense heart-stopping glare if you mess with the things he cares for or you say something out of line. He has fiery eyes that give off a look of determination and unwillingness to back down.

Clothes: His usual outfit is loose brown jogger cargo pants held by a black belt with a casual black t-shirt. For shoes, he'll go for black retro combat boots since he does heavy work in his auto repair shop. He also has black fingerless gloves made of fabric so his hands won't get burned from the heavy metal he has to lift sometimes, especially on hot days.
Sometimes Jen will have formal business to attend and you'll see him wearing more detective-style clothing, oftentimes liking to wear trench coats, formal button-ups, slacks, and casual shoes.

Condition(s): PTSD, Depression, Anxiety

Personality: Jen is a motherly type of character, he's soft, kind, and attentive….or at least he used to be. Back in Jen's teenage years and early adulthood, Jen used to worry over his friends like no other. He liked to make sure everyone was okay before he was and if they needed help he'd be the first one there to lend a helping hand. He'd go as far as to sacrifice himself for the sake of others, but that changed when one of his friends betrayed both him and his other friends. This caused the death of a few of them with others being locked away, some disappeared never to be seen again and this ultimately broke Jen down.
While Jen was never the one to use drugs of any sort before this, he turned to smoking in his late twenties. Jen became angry and bitter because of the events that had occurred and smoking helped calm him when his anxiety got out of control. He never visited a psychologist or had a therapist for his troubles and the stress of work and his traumatic past pilled on top of him to the point where his depression completely took over and he could no longer function. Surprisingly though, he never turned to drinking.
Now Jen is very moody, not liking when people touch him without his permission. He hates others asking him for help and has not even a single person to call his friend. Jen does cry often, sometimes getting PTSD flashbacks from his time back in El Salvador, but other than this he seems pretty chill and nonchalant most of the time, though melancholy gets the best of him. Jen is still somewhat friendly and open to people he thinks are mature, but often being an asshole to people who he dislikes.

Background: Jen was adopted by Vincent, a rugged man who had been in the military. He was a guy that smoked, someone who used to be a soldier for the government, soon changing paths to become a hitman on the down-low. All of the death changed him, becoming someone who could give zero shits about anything. But for some reason when he saw Jen fighting to stay alive out in the streets he decided to take him in after observing him for a few weeks.
He took pity on Jen and raised him as best as he could, even though he wasn't the most affectionate person in the world. He taught Jen how to handle a sniper gun, Jen mastered it in a year, taking on jobs Vince gave him. Not only did this help Jen live and earn his own money, but it changed Vince as well, helping him find something to live for and care for, a missing emotion he wasn't sure he had. Sympathy.
After Vince died Jen took over his contact information and continued unfinished work on his behalf, these same people who were close with Vince, became close with Jen as well.

Song: Fault Lines, Flatsound

Other: A little secret about Jen is that he has a weak spot for troubled kids, oftentimes taking in kids who have been abandoned or neglected by their parents and acting the part himself until they can fend for themselves. An example of this is Kohen, a kid who bullies others based on their sexual orientation. With Jen's help, he learned that he himself was gay, and turns out he was acting the way he was because he didn't want to acknowledge that part of himself as his parents would disown him, which they eventually did but Jen let Kohen stay in his cafe on an old mattress, tending to the injuries he had received from his father for coming out.

Jen yawned, stepping out of the apartment lobby, it was past midnight and the streets were quiet. This apartment complex wasn't his own, he had actually just finished a job.
Noxious, age 21, the reason for his death? He lied and could no longer pay the loan lent out to him. So now, the Calvert family would take it from here and collect his body and clean everything up. They'd probably pay the owner of the building a hefty dollar for their troubles. Noxious wouldn't be missed. He had no one, it was usually like that.
Over the years Jen's morals had decreased, turning him into a twisted version of himself from before. When he was younger he wouldn't kill anyone unless they absolutely deserved it, he even made it a point to use his sniper rifle as little as possible. Now? He didn't give two shits, money was money and while he had enough to survive with just one job, he liked the fact that he was helping someone, he needed to be helping someone do something even if it wasn't morally correct. What else was he supposed to do? Sit around all day in his apartment alone? He'd lose it.
Besides, the money was always donated, never liking to keep it for himself, it was dirty money and he felt guilty using it for himself, so instead, he gave it to others in hopes that they would use it in a more meaningful way.

@philosophicalmess

Neo quietly emptied her piggy bank into her backpack and tip-toed out of the house. She had been doing this for weeks, sneaking out every weekend to find him, the best hitman in town. Neo had been reading about him on the dark web during her visits to the library. Learning about the kind of jobs he takes, his moves, all of that. Unfortunately for her, he only takes jobs over the phone, something about keeping his identity secret. Meaning that this was the next best option, tracking him down.
It was midnight, not as late as it felt but it meant that anyone waltzing the streets was most likely going to be him. She bounded down the street and into the main part of the city, watching and waiting. Neo always watched the same apartment block, it was well known that all the crime bosses and their top associates live there. Anyone that goes in or out of that building is either in trouble or going to be. She was waiting a long time, and nothing interesting happened, that's generally what happens. Then suddenly a sophisticated looking man walked out of the building.
At first, Neo wasn't too sure it was who she was looking for, I mean, she expected him to be bulkier than the man appearing in front of the building. But she couldn't go home without at least trying, even if it wasn't him, she is desperate.
She walked across the street, standing next to him silently and nudging him slightly.
"Busy night?"

Jen huffed, the summer breeze picking up a little. He enjoyed this weather, but not on a night full of death. Every time he took aim from afar, he could feel the dread build up in his gut. All it took was one squeeze of his trigger and they were gone. It wasn't a difficult task to do, yet it held the weight of the world. He was taking something away from living after all, what right did he have to do that?
As these thoughts plagued his mind he subconsciously reached to his back pocket where he kept his box of cigarettes. The gloves he had on made it difficult to do anything but he kept them on.
Jen pushed one out of the box and brought it to his lips. He patted down his pants and coat trying to find his lighter but to no avail, it seems as if he forgot it in his other coat back at his apartment.
"Mierda." He silently cursed as he took the cigarette from his lips and held it, putting the box in his coat's pocket this time. Now what? He was starting to get shaky and it's not like he had any anxiety meds on him at the moment.
Jen hadn't noticed the spying eyes or even when the little girl had come up to him, too preoccupied with trying to find his lighter. So when Neo nudged him, he nearly jumped out of his skin, dropping his cigarette. He hadn't expected anyone to be out at this hour, especially not a small child.
He looked over, startled, the question processing in his mind. Act cool, act cool, you didn't just inspect a dead body and your name is uhhhh…Jake. That name irked him a little, but he rolled with it.
Jen shifted nervously, looking around before responding, paranoid now.
"Very busy night" He spoke, frantic eyes eventually stopping on her, the stiffness melting away when he saw no other visible dangers. Yes, he considered this little girl to be a danger. Anything was a danger if they found out who he was.
"It's late, what are you doing out here by yourself?" Jen questioned, not bothering to pick up his dropped cigarette, that was lost now, and why bother when he had more?
"You should get back home, you never know what kind of people roam these streets at night. You could easily get caught in something not ideal." He scolded yet the way he spoke sounded like he could care less.

@philosophicalmess

It's safe to say she scared the shit out of him, the poor man even dropped his cigarette! Neo could see that he was frantically searching for the human side of him, clearly, the man hadn't spoken to a kid in a long time. It took him longer to respond than she had the patience for.
"Very busy night"
The man's eyes were darting around in a frantic manner. Almost as if looking for a threat. Neo knew just talking to him made her an easy target, but she couldn't give up. The man spoke again.
"It's late, what are you doing out here by yourself?"
It was a question, but it wasn't asked out of concern, that was certain.
"Well I'm talking to you am I not?"
Neo stops to pick up the now dirty cigarette the man had dropped at the top of their conversation, immediately a shiver went down her spine. Flashes of memory cycled through her mind, almost consuming her. Quickly shaking off the all too familiar feeling she continued with the attempt at casual banter.
"Did no one ever teach you about what these things do to you? You'll be dead by 30 if you keep up this habit."
She threw the cigarette away as quickly as she picked it up, not wanting the memories to crawl back into the front of her mind. The man ignored the second part of my sentence.
"You should get back home, you never know what kind of people roam these streets at night. You could easily get caught in something not ideal."
Again, the man was most certainly not concerned for her, if anything he was more scared for himself.
"Trust me, I know what kind of trouble I can get in. Speaking of trouble. The blood on your collar tells me you're exactly the man I've been looking for."
The moment Neo pointed out the blood he freaked out, the man was clearly ready to kill her on the spot. She grabbed his hands and held them in front of him.
"Please. Just hear what I have to say."
Her eyes started tearing up, but she instantly wiped whatever tears were there away, she didn't want to seem weak.
"I can't, go back without having at least tried. This is my last option. Please"
Neo's half-hearted attempt at stopping the tears didn't do anything, she couldn't keep them in. She started crying as softly as she could to still seem somewhat strong in front of what is the most dangerous man in the city.
"I know who you are. I know what you do, and I beg you to listen to what I have to say. Please."
She had refrained from showing how scared she really was of the man, after all, he towered above her and could easily take her out. But she couldn't help but sink down to the ground, letting go of the man's hands and looking at the cement. Doubt filled her brain. Of course, he wouldn't help her, after all, she is just a kid. But he would have to kill her, children run their mouths nonstop and he wouldn't risk that.
"Kill me now if you want, if you won't help me. Killing me will be far better than anything else I'll have to go back to."
Suddenly the tears fell rhythmically onto her knees. Sobs filled the ghostly streets and she kept her head down, accepting her seemingly inevitable death. She had always said this was do or die, however, this was the moment she finally actually had to admit it.

Smartass kid Jen thought, narrowing his eyes, though there was amusement in them now.
"Well, you shouldn't be out here talking to me, I'm not one to be trifled with" He spoke, watching her pick up the cigarette. What the hell was this kid doing now?
"Don't-" He stopped when he saw he throw it away again. He huffed, looking at Neo's demeanor, it seemed shaken, but he didn't comment on it.
At Neo's next sentence he stiffened. Blood? Blood where? On the collar of his shirt? He tried not to show how ready he was getting to resort to murderous action, his eyes wide as he gave her a death stare. He must have touched the collar of his shirt to adjust it while still wearing his gloves, though you couldn't really see the blood on the black gloves, only that they were somewhat wet.
"Why the fuck should I listen to you?" He snarled, jerking his hand away when she grabbed him.
He pushed his coat to the side to reveal a gun at his waist that he was getting ready to use. If he took her out right now, they would come and take her away, and he wouldn't have to worry about anything, but then the real question was, would she be missed? He couldn't just recklessly kill, especially not a kid, though it seemed as if he wasn't above doing so.
Neo's "I know who you are" seemed to trigger something in Jen, immediately going for the gun and pointing it at her, though his grip on it was a bit shaky.
Is this who he had become? In order to protect himself, he would do anything?
He listened, for some reason, and the gun did not go off even though he was very tempted to pull the trigger.
"Out with it" He demanded as she begged him to listen.
As Neo sank to the ground Jen cringed a little, hating that he was pointing a gun at a defenseless child, though, she couldn't be too defenseless if she knew who he was.
Jen sighed heavily, irritated. He wouldn't be able to do it. Kill her, that is. He slowly brought the gun to his side, the barrel pointing to the ground.
"What could a kid like you possibly need help with? If you know who I am and what I do, what exactly are you asking of me?" He asked, he seemed less than thrilled and was impatient as he waited for Neo to speak. He wanted out. Out of the dark street, out of this situation. He didn't help anyone anymore, not in the way he used to. He resorted to taking on Vince's reputation, which wasn't a good one.
"I don't babysit little kids, you've got the wrong person." He said confidently.

@philosophicalmess

She had no other option. Neo slowly reached for the backpack she had been carrying and pulls out the cash she had been saving up for 6 months. It wasn't a lot but she was at her last straw.
"I know $117 isn't a lot, but it's all I have."
The man scoffs at the money she holds and turns to walk away. No, this isn't how this can go. She'll happily die here if she has to but Neo refused to have to go home.
"I need you to kill my dad. I was planning on saving up a little more money but it's gotten too much to bear. I've been looking for you almost every night for weeks because I can't go back there. If you have to kill me for even asking then do it. That's better than me having to go back to him."
She doesn't move up off the ground. Judging the man's demeanour from the rest of their conversation Neo accepted that this was where she was going to die. Although she was terrified, she had never felt such peace in her life. Finally, one way or another, she was free, and that made her content. The man's shadow grew closer and suddenly any tranquillity she felt disappeared. This was it.

Jen stared down at her pity cash, his features softening. Obviously, Jen didn't need a hundred and seventeen dollars, he had enough on his own, and he usually didn't take requests. And from a kid? Outrageous. Still, no one had dared to approach him if they knew who he was, but this kid- this little girl. She had gathered the courage to face him, something no adult would do. Maybe it was the naiveness of the situation, perhaps she didn't actually know what she was getting herself into.
He stared at her and the money she held, weighing his options. If, and if he did for some stupid reason take this job, he was going to have to do research on the person, assuming that this kid wanted someone dead. Did they work? Who were they friends with? Did they keep in touch with their family? Did their family check up on them? Who was going to clean up the mess he left behind?

His job usually required a team. The person who took out said target, which was Jen, the cleaners, the one who silenced the witnesses by bribing them, and the dealers who took the body and disposed of it. Where the actual hell was he going to get all those people? Where was he going to get the money to pay them if he hired a team? Jen barely had enough to pay his bills because he didn't keep the cash that was given to him, he only used what he absolutely needed.
Forget it, it's too risky. He thought. This girl was probably better off not getting tangled with him anyways. He turned, starting to walk away.
Who did the kid think she was anyway? Asking him to kill someone when there were so many risks and things to consider. Clearly, she hadn't thought this through.
As Jen was walking away, all he heard was kill my dad and he froze. The line was way too familiar, way too vivid in his mind, he had nightmares about it at night. The gun, the shaky smile, the blood, and then the body. The last words uttered by this mysterious person being "Please kill my dad, I can't take it anymore, he doesn't deserve to live".
Jen snapped out of the trance he was in, those few moments of an attempted forgotten memory haunting him. He turned his head to look at her out of the corner of his eyes.
No footsteps could be heard as he silently made his way toward her. He stopped, taking the glove off of his right hand.
Kill her. Kill her. Kill her.
He reached out to her placing his hand on her head. He crouched down, taking the money with his still gloved hand. The money staining with blood as he took it and held it.
"I don't know what kind of world you're living in, or why you thought I would actually consider taking a rouge job, but" He paused. "You better start praying to the gods that I get this right, because if I get caught doing this job and I end up in jail, some way, somehow I will get out before they can execute me and guess who I'll be coming after?" He stared deep into her eyes as if to intimidate her and give her a warning as to how dangerous this was, though he doubted she would be so easily shaken by his threat.
"You." He smiled. "I won't kill you. But I will make your life a living hell for as long as you live." He finished.

@philosophicalmess

Neo looked up into his eyes. He took the job? Oh my gods he took the job! This was it! Her ticket out of there! She was so distracted by her racing mind that she didn't even hear the threats coming out of the man's mouth. Neo jumps up and hugs him tightly without even thinking.
"Thank you so much, sir! Thank you!"
She immediately jumps down, brushing herself off, picking up her backpack, and looking directly into the man's eyes. She assumed the man was trying to maybe scare her? If anything she was making the man as uneasy as he was trying to make her. Not thinking too much about it for fear of overthinking, Neo starts skipping down the road. Not even 10 metres down the street she turns back to the man, his face displaying a puzzled look.
"Come on sir! I assume you'll want to learn all about him, and I want a frozen, to the 7/11 it is!"
She assumed he was following her, even if it was reluctantly so she continued to skip all the way down to the 7/11. Joy filled Neo's mind as she was coming to terms with the fact that she was finally going to be free of her father. Finally, she might be normal.
Stopping out of the front of the brightly lit corner store, she immediately felt slightly light-headed. It had been almost two weeks since she'd been around any kind of lights. She squeezed her eyes shut as to stop her head from throbbing and turned around to the man, probably seeming puzzled at why her eyes were closed.
"What flavour do you want sir?"

Why was Jen taking this job? Hell if he knew, but his heart ached with the words she spoke and he couldn't bring himself to turn her down, it seemed as if there was still a part of him that had a fragment of his humanity intact.
Jen did in fact seem perplexed by her reaction, was she really that desperate to get away from him? What exactly had this man done to her for her to jump up with joy at hearing his death was imminent?
Jen gave a disgusted look when she hugged him, stiffening and not knowing what to do with his arms. Why was she hugging him? He quite literally just told her he would wreck her life if things didn't go right! Jen panicked a little, not knowing how to handle this situation.
Surprisingly though, he didn't pull away and let her do what she wanted, though, he most certainly did not hug back.
"You really shouldn't be thanking me…" He muttered, watching as she got up and skipped down the dark street like she didn't have a care in the world.
Jen huffed and stood when she turned to look at him as if telling him to follow suit.
Orders. She was barking orders at him. Never in his life-
"Sir Glynn!" He called out. "My last name is Glynn and you will address me so!" He stormed after her, despite himself.
A frozen? Is that what the kids liked these days?? Wasn't that way too sweet?

Jen casually walked behind her, not really keeping up, but not falling behind either.
As soon as they were at the store he scowled. Public places. He avoided them like the plague and yet now he was being forced to go into one. Well. Maybe not forced, but did he really have a choice here? This was now his client and he would treat this like any other job he had done before….even if she was just a child.
When she turned around with closed eyes he scoffed, a slight smile appearing on his face. What was up with that?
"I'll be getting a coffee thank you very much, I won't have whatever it is that you're getting," He said opening the door and walking in, not bothering to hold it for her.
Once inside, Jen took off his remaining glove and stuffed it into his coat with the other, then took his coat off as well. There was blood on it after all and he was not about to take any more risks than he needed to. Now that he was in the light and his coat was off, you could see what he was wearing.
Underneath he had a cream-colored dress shirt tucked into dark casual fitting jeans with brown leather lace-up boots.
Jen looked around, locating a place for them to sit and going towards it. He draped his coat over the chair, then focused on rolling his sleeves up. It really was too hot to be wearing such stuffy clothes.
"Which one do you want? I'll just pay it with what you gave me" He said, not thinking about it twice.
"After that, you tell me everything you know" He called out, not minding the look he was getting from the guy behind the register.

@philosophicalmess

The man found a table in the corner of the store, away from most lighting. Neo grabs a jumbo cup, eyes half-closed and starts filling it with all the flavours that the 7/11 was offering that night. She excitedly looked towards the man already slurping on her drink. she slowly waddled over to the table, eyes half-closed still and sits down back towards the rest of the store.
"So sir…Glynn! What do you need to know first?"
She sipped her frozen without a single care in the world. The man didn't scare her, even though it was very clear that he should!

So casual. He thought when she spoke. This wasn't…so bad. When was the last time someone spoke to him without looking visibly uncomfortable? Not that he interacted with a lot of people in the first place.
"First I need a name. Full name, age. Where does your father work? Does he even work? Where are the places he frequents, do you know? Do you have any other family members? Mother…? Siblings? Aunts, uncles, grandparents?" He kept asking without giving her a break to answer.
"Cousins, perhaps? Someone old enough to take you in while I do my job, though it would be convenient if you didn't have anyone checking up on you guys, no offense" He said crossing his arms.
Jen looked over at the guy behind the register who was staring at them. He sighed.
"One moment." He said as he got up and went to talk with the worker.
Jen knew why he was staring, it was cause he hadn't paid yet. So he did so, paying for the kid's drink and his coffee.
Once he returned with his coffee, Jen sat back down.
"I just realized, I don't know your name. With who do I have the misfortune of doing work with?" He asked.