forum Loner X Popular OxO (Closed)
Started by @ShadeStar
tune

people_alt 59 followers

@ShadeStar

I just want some loner x popular. I don't care about the age range, maybe we could do something with royalty or superheroes or something like that. Idk. (I also would like to be the loner.)

Also, only request is no short responses and no mxm (only because I suck at writing dudes).

@Fraust

Ty! I usually like fantasy-esque stuff but I'm flexible
And mxf would be fine with me? I usually like to play male characters :)

@ShadeStar

mxf is perfectly fine. And if you come up with a fantasy scenario with this type of love trope then we can do it.

@Fraust

Uhhh I have this guy?
His name is Nich and he's generally a pretty popular cool guy

He's a traveler of sorts and could theoretically stumble across your character and they could start traveling together? Idk adgjk
I could also come up with a new character for a normal high school popular x loner thing aha
I'm always open to make up people on the spot

@ShadeStar

Or we could do some sort of magical guild type of thing. Nich is one of the more popular adventurers while my character is newer/doesn't have that many friends/connections.

@Fraust

Not unless you want to do simple ones lol
Could be fun for the characters to get to know each other in roleplay
Nich is usually between 19-22

@ShadeStar

I can make a quick pic (not an actual drawing like a picrew or something) for my girl, Rowan, who normally goes between 18-20. But yeah would be fun to get to know in rp.

@ShadeStar

Rowan tapped her fingers to the beat as one of the many bards in the guild danced around singing a catchy tune. She was sitting in the far back corner away from the others members. She had only joined the guild a few days ago and had immediately gone out on a job so she could earn some money to put down on a place nearby. However, now she was back and decided to stick around to get a feel for the rest of the guild. maybe see who everyone is before she slipped out on another job unseen. At least that was her hope.

@Fraust

Rhythmic metallic thuds approached from outside the door, a sound that was very familiar to any members of the guild who weren't quite so new as Rowan. The thuds grew louder, and soon the door swung open to reveal a vibrant young man with two prosthetic legs, which were evidently the source of the sound. The thud evolved into a more clanking sound as he switched from soil to a wood floor, and he greeted all of the guild members he could see.
He had been out for a few days on a job in another town, and it seemed that his fellow guild members were glad to see him. An amicable orc clapped him on the back with one massive hand, and an elf offered him a drink, which he accepted gratefully. As he looked around, he spotted an unfamiliar face and strode over to Rowan in the corner. "Hiya! You must be new here? I'm Nich Brooks." He greeted, offering out his free hand for Rowan to shake.

@ShadeStar

Rowan blinked as the newcomer appeared before her. It was obvious this man was popular amongst the guild given the rowdy welcome he received upon his return. She took his hand with her right. Her left hand wrote out in a flowing script in the air with some hesitancy having not expected anyway to approach her given not many had, Uh, hello. I'm Rowan Berry, and I am new. It's a pleasure to meet you.

@Fraust

Nich was taken aback by the written script versus an audible reply at first, but he wasn't stalled for too long, and his sunny grin never faded. "Rowan Berry, huh? Nice name! I don't think I've seen you around town before." He sat down across from Rowan and rested his chin on the knuckles of one hand, humming idly to himself. "What brings you to the guild? We've got all sorts of people here. Anyone is welcome, of course, I'm just curious. Some people have specific motivations, and others are just here for the companionship and a good time."

@ShadeStar

I just moved here before joining the guild, Rowan wrote back in the same flowy script. She let her fingers go back to tapping as she thought about how to reply. She could feel her throat hum softly, and she ended up lifting her right hand to cough harshly into it before letting it rest back on the table, before writing out, I'm, uh, looking for someone. Not someone in the guild! But I'm hoping the guild will end up letting our paths cross a little easier.

@Fraust

Nich nodded along as he read what Rowan was saying, one of his ears flicking and swiveling to catch some noise behind him. "Interesting! Well, I hope the guild can help you find what you're looking for. I'm always happy to help as well. I've been told I'm good at finding things!" He chuckled softly and then took on a slightly sheepish expression. "Although 'things' is usually trouble of some sort." He didn't bother to ask why Rowan was communicating the way she was. He figured it wasn't any of his business. "Where are you from, if you don't mind my asking?"

@ShadeStar

Rowan was surprised slightly why he hadn't asked about her written script, but it was a nice change of pace from how her conversations usually went. She smiled at his partial joke, but she had no plans on taking him up on the offer at the moment. She tapped her fingers for a second as she thought before deciding not to exactly answer his question, Nowhere important. But what kind of trouble do you get into? Guild jobs already bring trouble by themselves, so if it's enough to take notice it has to be pretty impressive.

@Fraust

Nich noticed that Rowan didn't really answer his question, and so he dropped the subject. If she didn't want to tell him, he wasn't going to force her. It wasn't incredibly important where she came from anyway. "Well… I'm more accident prone than most people here." Nich chuckled sheepishly. "I get into all sorts of terrible. I get attacked in the woods sometimes, I've been accused of theft on more than one occasion… kids are always tugging on me and stuff. I got caught in a trap one time, actually, and I was hanging upside down for hours until someone found me." None of that really compared to his troubled upbringing in a war zone, but he didn't bring that up.

@ShadeStar

By one of your legs? Rowan wrote with a little smile while pointing at one of his prosthetic legs. She figured he would have been able to detach the prosthetic to get down. Of course, she could be wrong. She wondered if that was all the trouble Nich got himself into, but she was in no position to question him further. She had plenty of secrets that she wanted to keep to herself, and she would let him do the same. Then again, she probably wasn't going to talk to him again after today. Rowan had plans to go out on another job tomorrow, one that would at least help her get some ranks within the guild.

@Fraust

"Yeah… I would've detached it, but it was… pretty high up." Nich chuckled a bit and rubbed the back of his neck with one hand. "I probably would've gotten badly hurt, and I was near a path, so I figured that it wouldn't take too long for somebody to find me. If I'd been there much longer I would've found some way to free myself, but I was in no rush." He shrugged and hummed thoughtfully to himself. "Makes for a fun story, anyway. What's the point of living if you can't do exciting things, and make stories to share with people? I love having stories. At least I'm good enough at doing stuff that people don't usually mind how much trouble I get into."