forum The Princess' Scandal (o/o Closed)
Started by @emilyevewrites group
tune

people_alt 72 followers

@emilyevewrites group

On a stroll through town, the princess strikes up a conversation with a commoner girl. The two talk for a few minutes before the princess is interrupted, but later that night, the girl sneaks up and the two spend the night together, instantly falling for each other.

There once was a lass sent out to sea
Ordered by the King – stay away from me

When the King found out about the affair the girl was having with his daughter, he provided the girl with clothes, food, a machete, and a ship, and told her to leave his kingdom and his daughter alone.

A princess should not fall in love
with a commoner and a thief

The girls were forced to say goodbye as the commoner left, but just as she was leaving, she slipped a necklace into the princess' hand as a promise that one day she would come back for her.

So I sing this siren song in hopes
one day she will come home

Inscribed on the necklace were the words of a shanty, and every night for ten years before she went to bed, the princess would sing it and fall asleep, dreaming of her commoner girl.

With more than her weight in gold
to take me father’s throne.

Finally, one day, a familiar looking ship returns… and the princess' prayers have been answered

@emilyevewrites group

Of course! You're amazing! I only wanted to check your bio and make sure you liked the fantasy genre lol. Is there a specific role you'd like? I'd prefer the princess, but if you want her, I'm fine with being the commoner.

@FanfictionFanatic group

I absolutely love fantasy! Most of my personal library is fantasy… and sci-fi. Hey, if you’d rather be the Princess, I can take the commoner. … I think I might even have a general idea for her already.

@emilyevewrites group

(I'm thinking we could go in blind, if that's okay! Here's a starter!)

Eleanor strolled the castle's corridors, trailing a finger along the stone walls. Most people saw it as protection, and Eleanor used to see it that way too. Now she knew better to see it as it truly was – a prison. She sighed, and her emerald green dress dragged behind her as she walked. Eventually, she returned to her room and seated herself by the window to gaze out at the water. Touching her fingertips to the necklace between her breasts, she began to sing.

"There once was a lass sent out to sea
Ordered by the King – stay away from me!
with a commoner and a thief.
one day she will come home –
to take me father’s throne.
"

@FanfictionFanatic group

(That’s fine!)

The rhythmic sound of waves crashing against the hull had become quite calming over the years since being forced away. Especially during the lonely nights when there was hardly anyone to talk to or anything to do other than look over maps and charting the next destination for the Siren’s Song. Not the original name, of course. The King who gave this vessel to its current Captain wouldn't dream of something so meaningful. … At least, meaningful to her.

A sharp knock on the door snapped the Captain out of her thoughts. “Come in.” she commanded easily.

“Fergive t’e intrusion, Cap’t.” the first mate, Jax, replied as he followed his Captain’s orders. “Gist t’ought you would like ta know. T’e lad, Tommy, spotted land. We should be able ta make port before morning.” he reported with his crooked smile.

Lorelei‘s eyes widened at the news before a wild grin overtook her expression. “Very good, Jax. I wasn't expecting us to be so close. Thank you.” she nodded, dismissing him. “Make sure everyone gets some rest before we arrive. I want to make a good impression on this kingdom.” she smirked as she looked out her window. “Sleep well, my Princess. I’ll see you tomorrow.” she whispered once she was alone.

@emilyevewrites group

Eleanor sighed, keeping her gaze on the ocean for a few moments longer before retiring to her bed. "Oh, Lorelei," she whispered quietly. "Where are you?" She'd kept faith all these years, refusing to acknowledge any other suitors. Eleanor had sworn herself to celibacy until her darling Lorelei returned.

As it did every other night in bed, her heart ached desperately, and she curled up alone yet again and fell asleep with thoughts of the girl she had once held so closely in her arms.

In the morning, she woke to a breeze from the sea drifting in through her open window. Eleanor sighed and pushed herself up to perch on her bed. She rubbed her eyes tiredly and approached her vanity to brush out her hair.

@FanfictionFanatic group

For all her talk of making sure that the crew would be well-rested, Lorelei could not make herself fall asleep. She lay in her quarters for hours, tossing and turning, full of excitement and anticipation to see her Eleanor again. How many years had it really been? Ten? Fifteen? She wasn't sure… But perhaps that was something the King had been counting on. It wouldn't surprise her. After all, a Princess and a common girl; a thief no less, was an absurd and forbidden idea in the King's eyes. Well, she’ll show him.

She didn't know when she finally managed to get some sleep but she was jolted awake by the familiar chaos of Jax shouting orders and the crew scrambling about like a headless chicken to make ready. The Captain smirked a little at the thought of what it meant as she got up and put on her best suit, making sure that the machete was in plain view against her leg. Of course, she also had gathered a few other weapons during her time, such as the elegant rapier and a simple pistol that hung off her hip and a few daggers she kept hidden at all times.

Donning her Captain’s hat, Lorelei Jones sauntered on deck. Her long coat swished behind her as her knee-high boots followed a path her heart would not forget.

@emilyevewrites group

Eleanor hummed the shanty of the girl who had her heart as she finished brushing her hair and began to decorate her face with makeup. She continuously glanced out her window to the water. The ships came in daily, and she prayed that one of them, someday, would be the ship of her Lorelei.

Suddenly, the princess was overwhelmed with emotion. She looked at herself in the mirror and quiet tears began to stream down her painted cheeks. It felt as though she'd cried every day since her darling Lorelei had left. No, not left. Lorelei would never have left her. She was exiled and forced to leave.

"My darling," Eleanor whispered, wiping at her face. "Where are you? I need you with me…" She inhaled shakily and sang with her beautiful voice, touching her necklace as she did so.

"So I sing this siren song in hopes
to take me father’s throne."

@FanfictionFanatic group

Lorelei kept her head held high despite the tightness in her chest. Her steps stayed true as a million thoughts swam through her head… Would Eleanor recognize her? Would the King? She’d changed so much from that pale naive scrawny girl into a strong confident and competent Captain. It hadn't been an easy road and she had the scars and weathered hands to prove it. Though her biggest concern was; what would she do when they arrived? It seemed doubtful that she would be able to just walk through the front gates… Even if she turned on her charms. The thought of sneaking in and taking Eleanor away from here was quite tempting but she knew she and her crew would be hunted down to the end of the world for kidnapping a Princess.

“Cap’t?” Jax called softly, placing his hand on her shoulder.

“I’m fine.” she nodded as she tried to ignore the look he gave her before pulling away and continuing on towards the castle.

@emilyevewrites group

Eleanor closed her eyes and wiped away her tears. When she was finished with her makeup, she looked like she'd never cried in the first place. But wasn't that the entire point of makeup? A knock came from her door, and the princess quickly slipped her necklace underneath the neckline of her dress. The cool metal touching the bare skin between her breasts made her shiver. "Come in," she called, dabbing a bit our rouge coloring on her lips.

The door to her chambers opened, and the queen entered, looking regal and stunning as always. "Good morning, my daughter."

Eleanor turned to face her and rose from her seat. "Morning, Mother."

"Oh, my dear…" the queen sighed happily. "You look so beautiful! Did you decide to get dressed up for your suitor today? Prince Beckam?"

The princess's eyes widened. She'd decided to look beautiful today as a tribute to her Lorelei and nothing more. She'd forgotten about the suitor. "No, Mother, I've told you that I won't see any suitors until I'm ready."

Queen Helena sighed heavily. "And when will you be ready? It's been years since that… girl left. She'd probably either dead or forgotten about you."

Eleanor turned away quickly in a whirl of her skirts. "No," she said, touching her necklace through her clothes and looking out at the expansive water body before her. "She hasn't forgotten." She looked back at her mother with a firm gaze. "And she is not dead."

@FanfictionFanatic group

Lorelei raised a brow at the busy streets as they got closer to the castle. It wasn't a holiday or a festival, she was sure of that, but there were certainly more guards than she remembered. Getting inside seemed like it would be even more difficult than she had anticipated. But she wouldn't give up. She needed to see Eleanor again.

“You there.” she called as she approached the nearest stranger. “Be there a special occasion I was not aware of? I have not been to these shores in years.” she said with more of a sailor's tongue than she usually used.

“Not “special”, per se. Just another Prince coming to visit. The King's been trying to get his daughter married for quite a while but none of them stay long.”

The news pierced Lori’s heart. For a moment she felt like she couldn't breathe. A Prince… here, to see her Eleanor. No. No, she wouldn't allow this.

“Th… Thank you.” she murmured softly as she gave them a silver coin and walked onwards with one destination still in mind.

@emilyevewrites group

"Oh, don't be silly, Eleanor," Helena sighed. "That girl has been nothing but trouble! She was sent away for a reason, as I'm sure you remember. It's time for you to move on. Your father has been insufferable, and I refuse to let you turn down another suitor. You will say yes to Prince Beckam, I don't care what you feel for him."

"Mother, I feel nothing for him!" Eleanor protested. "There hasn't been a single suitor who I've liked! You know that I am still in love with Lorelei!"

"That is an impossible request!" the queen cried out, causing Eleanor to stagger backward in shock. Queen Helena was always so even-tempered and calm. She sighed. "I'm sorry, my dear, but I have to be firm. You have to decide on someone, and there are very few suitors left." With that, she turned and left the room, shutting the door behind her.

Eleanor looked longingly out the window. "I'd rather kill myself than be with one of these horrid suitors," she whispered.

@FanfictionFanatic group

“Cap’t!” Jax called again, before grabbing her shoulders and making her look at him. “Lori… List’n ta me.”

Lorelei blinked rapidly at the touch, not realizing how distracted she had been. “Jax… Take your hands off me.” she growled.

Her first mate smiled softly and shook his head. “Not yet, Cap’t.” he said gently. “I know how much this lass means ta you. She’s all you talked about when we met.” he reminded with a chuckle that made her blush. “An’ if she feels as strongly as you, then that good fer not’ing prince will ‘ave his tail between his legs in an hour. Now, I say you get in there and see your lass, talk ta her and try not ta get caught.” he smirked.

Lorelei smirked at the mental image Jax gave her and nodded. “I’m sure she does.” she whispered, as Jax let her go. “If all goes well, I’ll be back on the Song before dark.” she agreed before disappearing into the crowd with a new purpose.

@emilyevewrites group

Eleanor broke her gaze from the water to the crowd of people down below. Not a single one of them cared about her. Not really. Lorelei had been the only one who had really cared. And where was she now? Eleanor had no clue. At least if she knew her lover was dead, then she could mourn. Instead, she grieved for not knowing.

She kept the ivy by her widow in proper condition all these years, hoping one day it would be used again. Until then, it looked good from afar.

After a moment longer, the princess slipped into a beautiful, shimmery blue dress and a spiraling diamond-encrusted tiara. Then, she paced over to her vanity and opened the top drawer. Inside, a delicate silver dagger lay among hair accessories. She slipped her hand in and gripped the hilt. Her heart began to race, but she'd meant what she said.

Eleanor would rather die than be with anyone other than her darling Lorelei. Slowly, she positioned the dagger above her heart. Once more, she pulled her necklace out from under her dress to touch it as she sang.

"There once was a lass sent out to sea
Ordered by the King – stay away from me!
with a commoner and a thief.
to take me father’s throne."

@FanfictionFanatic group

Lorelei smiled at the sight of the familiar plant looking strong as ever and leap up to begin her climb. The years of climbing the rigging on her ship seemed to have shortened this trip. Her heart leapt at hearing their song coming from the window.

Say the word, my lady fair, and I’ll return
through any stormy gale
No King's command can keep this thief away.
This siren’s song has brought me back where home has always been.

Her voice may not have been as elegant as Eleanor's had always been and the song may have sounded more like a poor attempt of a shanty but… Lori just couldn't help herself as she pulled herself up to the window with a wild grin.

@emilyevewrites group

Eleanor whirled around, the very point of the dagger resting on the bare skin between her breasts. Her breath hitched in shock, and her mouth dropped open slightly. "It's you," she whispered, setting her dagger down and rising to her feet. "It's really you?"

The princess paced over to the window and cupped Lorelei's face in her hands. Tears instantly sprang to her eyes, and she began to breath quickly. "Oh gods, it's really you!" She laughed in disbelief and pulled Lorelei's lips against hers.

@FanfictionFanatic group

Lorelei tightened her grip on the vines as she melted into the kiss. Gods, it had been far too long since the last one. “Aye. It's me.” she assured as she finally managed to climb in and quickly kissed her Princess again. “I’ve missed you so much.” she sighed, placing her hands on top of Eleanor’s as she fought back tears. “I thought about you every day and… I’m sorry it took so long.”

@emilyevewrites group

Eleanor began to cry softly and hugged her tightly. "My mother," she whispered. "She made me think you were dead or had forgotten about me… I knew you would come back." She clung to Lorelei and began to tremble. "Please, take me with you. I need to get out of here. My mother is making me marry the suitor who comes today, oh Lorelei, I was going to kill myself."

@FanfictionFanatic group

Lori shook her head and held Eleanor close. “No. No, I could never forget about you and I… Wait. What was that last part?” she asked, pulling back in shock as she looked into her love's eyes. “Why would you do such a foolish thing?”

She sighed and tilted Eleanor’s chin up. “We can talk about that later if you want but are you sure you want to come with me? It won't be what you're used to. Nor will it be easy. I promise to protect you if this is really what you want but I want you to think for a moment…” she warned before gesturing to the clothes she was wearing. “This isn't the uniform of a decorated Navy officer. Your father put a thief on the seas. What do you think that makes me now?”

@emilyevewrites group

"I've been desperate," Eleanor whispered, her eyes shining as a tear slipping down her cheek. "I didn't know when you'd come back… I'm sorry. But you're here now."

The princess listened intently, observing the clothes Lorelei wore. She blinked at the realization and inhaled deeply. "You're a pirate… of course…" It took her a second to process, but she shook her head. "I want to be with you. I don't care what the cost." She smiled sadly. "I might love what I have here; my bed, my gowns, my makeup… but I hate my life. I want to be with you more than anything."