forum I need another fecking RP // OxO // Closed
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 72 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

The guard blinked at them, taking a moment to consider that. "I don't know how to fix a broken toilet." He eventually said. "But I can take you to someone who does, if you would like." He cast a glance at the door. Technically, he wasn't supposed to leave his post,. It he wouldn't be gone long and he doubted anyone would care.

@Tired-but-passionate

Indigo only moved to blink and cover her mouth with her wrist. "That would be much appreciated, sir. Ideally, I'd like it fixed before His Highness, Prince Riven, returns."
Hopefully, this would be quick. They could already tell this would only get more awkward the longer they talked to the guard.

@ElderGod-Icefire

"Yes, that would be ideal." he agreed, and began walking to lead her along, quiet as they made their way through the winding, sprawling halls of the palace. They passed other guards and some nobles too, both sober and drunk, most awake but some asleep in odd places, curled in corners with a glass in their hand.

@Tired-but-passionate

She held her wrist in place, but still fidgeted a little as they walked. They fell silent as well, their gaze falling to the guard’s steady pace, though sometimes she found herself staring at a noble or two who had fallen asleep in an odd position.

(Djkdkjd hello ^^)

@ElderGod-Icefire

(hello!)

The guard led her to a small, unobtrusive area, knocking on a door. "This is where one of the palace butlers lives." he explained as they waited. "Come to him next time you need assistance with something, and they should be able to help." the door was opened after a minute or so by an older human man, the hair at his temples turning grey with age. "Can I help you?" he asked.

@Tired-but-passionate

(Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)

Indigo looked vaguely in the guard’s direction when he spoke, and gave a small nod in response. Once the door opened, their mind scrambled to compose a coherent reply.
“A— ah, yes,” she stuttered. “Um, I believe I’ve found a plumbing problem in Prince Riven’s restroom. I was hoping if you or perhaps someone else could fix it, as I don’t know how to.”

@ElderGod-Icefire

(slxhsh)

The butler nodded slightly. "I can send a plumber up to fix it." He replied. "Is there anything else you might need, or is that it?" He raised his eyebrows, adjusting the sleeves on his shirt as he waited for a response from Indigo. The guard was quiet, standing to the side and allowing the two to speak for however long they needed to.

@Tired-but-passionate

“A plumber would be wonderful,” they replied. “I believe that’s all, thank you.” She gave a small nod in acknowledgement, then asked, “Can you possibly send a plumber now? Or perhaps really soon?”

@ElderGod-Icefire

"Yes. Go back up there and continue with other things, the plumber will be sent within…I would say a half an hour." the butler replied, before turning away in an obvious dismissal. The older man didn't mean to be rude, precisely, it was just that he was very busy and didn't have time to stand around for small talk. The guard cleared his throat, looking over at them. "I'll guide you back to the prince's room." he said, turning to walk back the way they had came.

@Tired-but-passionate

“Alright, thank you again,” Indigo said, nodding a bit. She took the hint and followed the guard back to the prince’s room, hoping they could at least take a good nap before the plumber came.

@ElderGod-Icefire

The guard led her back to Riven's room, opening the door for her and then getting into his position again. "There you are." he said, giving her a quick smile.

@Tired-but-passionate

"And thank you," they nodded to the guard, then entered the room. She peeked inside the bathroom to see if anything else needed cleaning and, finding nothing, went to the room the prince designated for her. Feeling the cot with her hand, it was clearly old and probably not as comfortable as she was used to, but they didn't mind. Indigo could feel the exaustion creeping up their limbs and making their eyes heavy. All they needed was a place to rest.
She laid on her side, staring at the wall. The fabric seemed to cling to her skin; they were so tired they didn't want to get up, but the texture of the fabric annoyed them. However, it wasn't long before she closed her eyes and didn't open them again.

@ElderGod-Icefire

(alright lol)

The plumber was on their way to come and fix the toilet. Riven was still at the party, drunk and on drugs and having quite a good time. He didn't really care what Indigo was doing back in his quarters. He had, in fact, mostly forgot about them by now, though he'd probably remember when he came back.

@Tired-but-passionate

Indigo slept fitfully and awoke some time later, groaning and breathing heavily. They had forgotten to take their binder off, and now there a tight, compressed feeling in her chest. She almost didn’t want to since she was already awake, but knew from experience that it was better to take it off now. They sat up, reached behind them and unfastened the binder, then set it on the bed and pulled up the sleeves of their chiton. She took a few moments to take deep, controlled breaths, then stood up and opened the door to their room.
It was quiet, something Indigo wasn’t sure if she should be worried or thankful about. Hopefully the plumber hadn’t come yet.

(I’ve never worn a binder before, so I don’t know much about what it’s like. I’ve done some research, but if you know anything, I would like to know if anything about this is incorrect)

@ElderGod-Icefire

(i,,,, have never worn a binder either haha. From what I know tho, it's bad if you sleep in them bc of how tight they are and all that)

The plumber knocked on the door to Riven's quarters, waiting to be let in so that they could deal with the toilet. They were undeniably human, with curved ears and freckles spattered across their face, a friendly look to their eyes. Their hair was buzzed short, probably a good thing considering their profession, and they wore a pair of thick, canvas pants and a shirt that bore old stains that obviously hadn't come out in the wash.

@Tired-but-passionate

(yeah, plus indigo had been wearing it for several hours at that point)

Well, just in time. Indigo silently thanked the gods that they had somehow managed to wake up before the plumber came and went to open the door. It was too soon since her nap to smile or anything, but she could at least be polite.
"Hello," they began. "You must be the plumber, right? Thanks for coming."
Being without the binder and then presenting herself to another person was very strange, almost unseemly. Indigo was stiff, and held her limbs close to their body.

@ElderGod-Icefire

(yeah that too. I think the most you're supposed to wear them is like,,, 8 hours)

"I am, yeah. Where's the problem?" They asked, smiling lightly as they studied Indigo for a moment, before following them back into the bathroom. They arched their eyebrows at the sight of the toilet. "Oh dear." They said slowly, setting down their toolkit and flipping the seat open. "This, ah, might take a while, and it's going to smell. If you could open some windows for some air?*