forum let's talk about our thoughts on mary shelley's frankenstein
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 54 followers

Deleted user

because i have nothing better to do with my life. Ask me why I think Victor Frankenstein is a trans woman.

Deleted user

Okay so I was watching Abigail Thorn's video Food, Beauty, Mind, and I was very bi for her you know the drill. But she made a very interesting point, in that trans women in denial tend to hold themselves to high standards of masculinity to compensate for their internalized trasphobia. Why is this relevant? Well, creating a "perfect man"? Setting impossible standards for yourself? Hell yeah she's trans and we all know it. Also she just gives off queen vibes and like it tracks.

Deleted user

True, true, honestly I read Vic both ways because I too am trans and either want to simp or want to cry depending on the day.

Deleted user

I will not tell you which interpretation is which though.

Deleted user

All he wants is boyfriends and to not have a life that sucks and also boyfriends did I mention that?

Deleted user

Wow I really came in here with the least relevant comment huh

dude dont worry youre good.

Deleted user

Putting in spoiler because it may be a little risque idk:

@GoodThingGoing group

Anyways I'm rereading Frankenstein this year for gothic lit class (God and the shitty school system willing) and I'm really excited to see how and if my takes have changed, and also more gay subtext ofc. I also have the 1818 edition and if I have time (might not, depending on how many lit classes I take) I might try to do a side-by-side read-through.
I'm mostly interested to reread it in an all around better headspace since the last time I did a full reading of the book was when I was a closeted, undiagnosed and unmedicated 8th grader and now I'm a semi-out, diagnosed, and ADD-med-consuming senior who's still struggling but doing a hell of a lot better. Also might annotate it if I feel extra invested.

@GoodThingGoing group

OOOOH nice. Good for you!

Thank you!! I was flipping through the 1818 one and it looks like the person who had it before me annotated part of it; I'm excited to see what they thought was worth underlining!