forum I need another fecking RP // OxO // Closed
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 72 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

(Aaaahaa fuck sorry!)

By the time Indigo got back, the party was, predictably, still going. Fae swirled around in dances or conversation, drinking or taking the glittery drugs. Mouths, necks, and fingers were all smeared in the glitter of the drug, and many of their pupils were blown wide from the drugs and the drinking. Many of the prince's friend group was still hanging around each other, talking and laughing or pressing each other against the wall; none were romantically involved, exactly, but they were quite open to one night stands or friends with benefits.

@Tired-but-passionate

(You’re good!)

By now Zephyr had rejoined the group, simply talking with a few other fae. Olympia was with her own group of fae noblewomen. For a moment Indigo was relieved. This was the best they could’ve hoped for; the husband and wife in their own groups and not paying them any attention. But then Olympia’s head snapped in Indigo’s direction as she walked in, and she motioned with her finger for them to come to her, a glint of ire in her amethyst purple eyes. Indigo swallowed, and moved over to her.
Olympia was stronger than she looked, though Indigo knew that well enough. Her grip was as tight as a noose around their arm as she pulled them to the side.
“Where were you?” she growled. “Was it that godd-mn library again?”
Indigo was silent. She tried to steady their breathing, knowing sometimes it was better to let Olympia scream at them. The look on her face must’ve looked guilty enough, because their mistress’s face grew red with anger.
“You embarrassed me!” She fumed, her voice rising in both volume and pitch. “I have a reputation to maintain, and I can’t maintain it with your constant insolense! On top of it all, you enter the palace library without my or any of the royal family’s explicit permission! Do you know how bad that will make us look? How much it will soil the Thistlewell name?”
They stayed silent, though only for a moment. A question rose in Indigo’s mind. “Why didn’t you look for me?” Her voice was small, but confused.
Olympia froze, her lip curling into a snarl and revealing her sharpened canines. She drew back her hand, and before Indigo could process what she was about to do her palm already connected with their cheek, a smacking sound cracking the air. Indigo stumbled back, a hot stinging flaring up where her mistress had slapped her. A few of the partygoers had glanced in their direction, so Olympia quickly composed herself. She told hold of Indigo’s arm again, her hand like a vice, dragging her slave off to her ladies’ group.
“Because,” she said, her voice low and dangerous. “I only would’ve made myself even more of a fool. I am going to keep you in sight at all times, you are never to leave my side for as long as this party lasts.”
Indigo nodded numbly, staring at the floor and pressing a hand to her cheek, eyes stinging with tears.

@ElderGod-Icefire

The other humans in the room that were nearby cringed in sympathy with Indigo, but didn't move to help, not wanting to get in trouble with their own masters and mistresses. Dusk, Marrow, and Gaius, three of the prince's closest friends, paid no attention and merely considered talking with each other, laughing, cruel smiles tugging at their lips. The prince hadn't made friends with the kindest people, but then, whom among the fae was?

@Tired-but-passionate

Indigo went into robot mode, keeping their head low and shoving down any sign that they were affected by Olympia’s violence. She did as she was told and stayed by her mistress’s side. All they wanted was to see the library. They accomplished that, and even though she was punished, she didn’t regret it. Despite a hunger inside them making her want to go back, she had her chance. That was enough.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Most of the rest of the royal family was still there, either draped across their thrones or mingling with the crowd. Some of the king's current mistresses were in attendance; none were pregnant. Riven was the youngest child of the king this far. Many wondered if the king, already miraculously virile for producing five children, would somehow have another. He certainly had enough mistresses for it.