forum The King With the Fire in His Heart (closed o/o; stalkers are recommended to be 15+)
Started by @tungsten fastfood
tune

people_alt 54 followers

@tungsten fastfood

Edit: HEY there stalker probably clicking on this cus you're bored. If you are under the age of 15, please do not stalk. This rp has heavy implications of sexual implications due to these dudes being ex-lovers, and we need it to set up the whole plot of things. Tension between them is the best way to start this off and keep going up and up.

Hello!

I most recently just finished up developing my main antagonist Neophyte Whembrooke and I do kind of want something specific for him in this RP. Now, I do a lot of romance RPs, and this one will be close to that idea.

(Please read after looking over character)

"I got everything I wanted. Now there's nothing holding me back."

Neophyte Whembrooke is the King of a large country superpower called Isla. After destroying those around him, crushing his husband, killing his twin through slow means of determination, Neophyte has put himself at the top of the country and started breaking it down from the fundamentals.

His goal? To become the strongest, most important man possible. He plans to crush the richest of the rich and claim it for himself. People under him don't know of this plan, a small handful of people want to usurp him– but you're not that person.

You are his lover– a king from another country called Roshtha, up north towards the mountainous, icy region of the continent (I have a map if you'd like to see it!). You've been his lover since the very start of his kingship. Since you laid eyes on him, his sense of power and determination took you over, and somehow he put you into his pocket, too.
His eyes were set on you, as well. You had power, but you also had more than that. You had looks, a personality to die for, and that sense of confidence struck him. You both were inseparable, despite being, well, lovers. Neophyte was married but his eyes were on you.

You have no idea of these plans, but you will discover his plan as to what to do to his country now that he is the only king. It is up to you how you feel about your lover's plans, his desire for more power, more money, more trust from his people. Do you wish to join him? Do you go against him and create a group/pitch a group against him to strike him down?

Notes:

Magic is optional in this RP. Neophyte didn't get his power ONLY from his magic (which you'd be able to tell if you read the other charries)
The Gods (again if you look over the whole Universe) are optional. They are reincarnated of those Neophyte killed, and are Gods of the whole area ish. I'm more than happy to have them if you want/like the idea.
I also can include the secondary characters, but that's more for if you want to go against Neo (the Gods are the same way).
And cannonically, both of the countries (Isla and Roshtha) are very closely allied because of the relationship these two share, and similar political ideals. This doesn't have to be the case but! it's up to you.

If that makes sense, please before you join– ask. And be experienced, and I'd prefer to have a developed, OC (who closely matches my vague description). This is an exploratory RP for me and Neo and how he handles romance, but I also want to explore how this plotline will go.

any questions ask. ask ask ask. thanks.

@tungsten fastfood

(Awesome!!!! Welcome welcome! If you have a charrie sheet you wanna link in you can show me and we can get started. Any ideas on how to start off?)

@Kinarymo

(aaa, i dun hav any charrie sheet just now, if i do, i doubt they fit but i can make one :"D i just need a lil time to do my research :")) )

@tungsten fastfood

Neophyte Whembrooke never imagined himself to actually ever reach the position of being king. His fervent dreams and strong desire for nothing but power and pride had felt to be only that– dreams. His late husband, who had been king due to familial ties had finally died due to illness. Neophyte had been surrounded by deaths of his loved ones for the past few months, his husband, his twin, several of his friends… but his country had seen him as a face of strength and peace as he led them through a hard time of war, economic lethargy and general chaos over the years and years he had been King Charles' husband.
Now Neophyte was a standing alone king, fighting through rain to a flight of steps with a building on top of a large mountain. The neutral territory of Elisther had invited every noble to celebrate Neo's new position and it was also a celebration of life for the recently passed King Charles. The rainy weather of the country soaked Neophyte down to his bones as he ran up the white sleek steps, tucking down into the protection of the stone from the growling storm. He was soaked through, now, his pure snowy suit showing his skin and shivering body as he hugged himself, searching and desperate for any sliver of warmth he could find from his large body. He had been determined to come alone, with an air of strength as he pushed his way into the party, but now he was shivering outside of locked doors due to a raging storm above him and being a few minutes early to the celebrations. He missed the warmer weather of his home country, Isla, where in the middle of fall would be breezy yet clear. A country this close to the equator was nothing but cold and rainy. At this point because of the weather he was used to, he'd be the only king soaked to the bone and freezing his ass off.

(hope that makes sense lmao– it'll hopefully be longer later on ^^)

@Kinarymo

(i love it hoho, dw about the length uvu anything longer than two sentences is perfect qvq)

The sound of the thundering rain remained constant in all this time, partially obscuring the view of the path he'd come through. Looks like no one would be here for some time, not until they either geared up for the rain or waited for it to pass, which might cause some further delay. Thunder rumbled somewhere up above in the distance, signaling it was unlikely to pass too soon either. Great.
However, this time, whatever entity was above there decided to show a sliver of mercy, as a new sound began making its way through the constant drumming of the water on wet rocks, slowly growing louder by the minute. Unlike the noises so far, this one sounded like water hitting a different kind of material, one that seemed to move, which could only mean one thing - someone was approaching.
Slowly but surely, a strange object began appearing in the distant on the path, moving at the pace of a horse's walk, seemingly taking its time approaching. The closer it got, the strange object appeared to be dome shaped and a little elongated at the front in a way it resembled more a tortoise's shell, while also semi opaque, obscuring the top half of whatever was holding it upright. The rain furiously pounded on this weird dome, water cascading on its sides, most likely due to its angling, thus maintaining the path forward clear of the water jet. Soon, it was close enough to discern 2 sets of animal feet walking calm under the protection of the strange shield, coming in Neo's direction. It wasnt yet clear who was riding these animals, but at the very least it was people and they had a shelter with them

@tungsten fastfood

Neo wheezed and coughed into one of his hands as the chill of the evening set in, wondering to himself if he'd pass out before he got assistance from the chill of the mountains. If not for threats of hypothermic shock, he'd probably be enjoying the atmospheric calmness of this country. Elisther was known for their huge mountains and glorious buildings, all made as "homes" for the Gods, where they were believed to live. The finest architects who lived here crafted the buildings that Neo could look out and see very clearly from his vantage points. Several were slick black and hidden in the fog of the low-hanging clouds, but many others were built in favor of the God Tubig, who was the standing God of Elementalists, Weather, and Nobility. As Neo sat and shivered from the overhang, he wondered if Tubig was looking down on him with a frown. The fog whispering across the grass and waving at him from the hush of the ocean calmed these concerns. If Tubig was upset with him, Neo probably would have been struck by lightening by now. The thought made the new King snicker to himself, smirking a bit.
Mercy was kind to him, however, as Neo spotted the shining shield and fluttering raindrops from his doubtful thoughts. He straightened up in his full height, fluffing himself out a little to try and catch their attention and let them know that they might need to share with one more. Perhaps it was the lofty leader of Irina, who was a little out of his head, but still kind and willing to share. He had many Demonic nobles who would sneer and snicker for sure… Well, it's better than actively freezing to death and instead being laughed at for it.

@Kinarymo

After what felt like forever, the shield had come close enough for its details to be clearly visible, even through the downpour. It wasnt made of glass, like it appeared to be from a distance, but rather from ice. Thick cold ice suspended above the ground, semi opaque as if created from the falling raindrops themselves as they continued to build up on top of it until it created a large surface to protect whomever was underneath it. And whom was that person carrying this curious icy shield?
The pair of animals stopped at the entrance of the building, a very short distance from Neo's white silhouette, enough for him to somewhat be able to see the two black clad characters hiding under the dome. What had looked like horses turned out to be a type of elk, seemingly ones not native to this kingdom. One of the characters under the dome moved their arm towards the other, apparently talking with words muffled by the sound of the rain drumming on the shield

@tungsten fastfood

Neo knew what elk meant. They were not native to any other country but to the country of Roshtha, and with a slight sinking feeling in his stomach, he realized that all noblemen were invited, including a particular man with whom Neo had close relations in what felt like a lifetime ago. A more humane instinct brought Neo to approach the other man, still gripping himself tightly for warmth. Even as he drew close, his untrained ears weren't able to pick up the muffled conversation.
"Pardon me, sire, I came a little too early and my fellow members of the court have yet to arrive and I didn't dress so well for the rainy weather…" Neo stepped out of the fog towards the other (what he assumed) king, to show his previously nicely done coal black hair slicked back against his head, his white suit sticking completely to his skin at this point, his icy eyes lowered slightly so he can talk appropriately to his savior, and with a tremor that seemed to exist everywhere on his body. A sight such as this one was not very commonly seen of any king, let alone Neophyte, who was usually a king of his own action and always helped himself. But pure instinct brought down even the strongest of nobles and proudest of men.

@Kinarymo

There was a moment of silence between the two parties, drowned by the rain falling all around them. Just as it seemed that the request had been denied, the front part of the dome instantly melted, creating a kind of door like entrance, to allow the soaked Neo to pass through. Once under the shield, the hole sealed itself behind him to prevent outside water coming in.
Admittedly, it was rather chill inside this unusual umbrella due to the cold vapors gently floating towards the ground from its interior - it was pretty much the frozen isle section in a supermarket, absolutely perfect when totally wet. It was nearly a cruel joke, but what could you really say, it was an ice shield after all, and Roshthans seemed to have a very 'cold' sense of humor too.
In front of Neo now stood two figures, each of them atop a large elk - the one on the right a butch lesbian looking kind of woman, with a very tight braid resting on her shoulder and dark clothes, and the other, riding a clearly far more pampered and well kept elk, donning a large cloak with furred hood, large enough for the darkness within to obscure the top half of the person's face. The man's head seemed to tilt down to look at him, condensed breath escaping the pale lips as he evaluated the dripping wet and shaking king before him. Oh yes, it was Neophyte alright, after all this time.

@tungsten fastfood

A shiver went up Neo's spine when he looked up into the hood of the Elementalist who saved him, hoping for a brief moment that perhaps it was someone from this country offering their assistance. A vein hope, for Neo knew who this person was as soon as he set eyes upon the elk both people were riding.
And the icy temperature to his shivering, thin outfit was salt on the wound upon looking at his previous… "lover" of sorts. Upon standing in it for a few moments, his brain decided that indeed it would have been better to stay outside and die in the laughing face of the Gods who surely hated him by now. It only got colder when the shield slipped shut behind him, leaving such a big man like Neo feeling trapped in.
His breath passed between his shivering lips, which were devoid of color due to the cold. In fact he looked quite paler than usual, and because of this his stunning blue eyes stood out strong, as well as his black hair, that was still curly even when wet. He swore he could feel the tips of his hair freezing quickly due to the quick temperature change, and his teeth started to chatter. He was too intensely focused on the desire to stay alive to notice any thoughts from his saviors about this predicament, but he could make an educated guess that his ex-lover was not expecting to see Neo so soon.

@Kinarymo

Indeed, Rohan hadn't expected to find Neo today, well, actually yes since he'd been invited but definitely not at the door of the building, looking like a wet puppy. He never said anything, as he wasnt the type to start up chatter but he secretly felt amused seeing his former fling partner shiver like a wet cat. If he was like this now in this relatively warm autumn, he wouldnt last a single day in Roshtha's biting cold. There was always something fun about watching untrained warm country boys chattering their teeth once they hit colder countries - Roshthanians' way of mocking the pansies as someone once joked.
The rain continued to pour on the shield, creating an almost deafening constant yet somewhat pleasant noise, the way rain on glass or a roof did (for references, the noises can be found here and here - texture of the sound + intensity uwu).
Still, as much as he wanted to just keep silently laughing at Neo for looking this miserable, something in him just couldnt do it - not when it came to Neo anyway. Although it had been years since he had initiated the breakup, Rohan found that he still had a bit of a soft spot for his ex. Sure he was a little salty for being the side hoe to a married man, but come on, this smooth son of a bitch got under his skin like no one else ever had in his life time. Thus, with just that tiny shimmer of vulnerability, he eventually took pity on the freezing Neo after several minutes, considering he'd shivered enough for one day, and with a single flick of the hand, all the water on the freezing man was dragged away as if with strings and tossed into a puddle outside of the shield. There. After all, it was his big day, be a real shame if the birthday boy was the only one soaked because he'd been idiotic enough to come alone and unprepared on a freaking downpour

@tungsten fastfood

Well, secretly amused was a stretch, for even the highly embarrassed and shivering king could see that his predicament was nothing but amusing to these "titans" of freezing temperatures. Neo wasn't quite used to such temperatures despite having the pleasure of all four seasons, since it was still– as mentioned– in the middle of a pretty warm autumn for his country. He had the incredible pleasure of a beachy, foresty area with albeit a lot of rain, but not without humidity.
Neo could feel his ears warming with embarrassment as he sat there in the deafening silence, despite also being aware that his ears might fall off at any moment. But from his shivering vulnerability finally came a sliver of mercy shown in his direction, and he breathed a soft sigh of relief as the freezing water was moved off of him. It was still cold as a biting winter storm in this shield, but Neo was able to relax his arms and hold himself up a little to redo his hair. He hadn't come completely unprepared in this downpour, in fact it was more or less the fault of his royal advisories telling him it should be fine without something heavier. Well, no time for that now, Neo could castrate them for annoying him and embarrassing him later. Something told him that perhaps this was some sort of sick joke.
"Thanks," Neo huffed, dropping his gaze from Rohan's hood in order to make sure everything was in order. And it indeed was after a few moments– his white suit complimented his complex well, hugging his body in all of the right spots and almost giving the appearance that he was wearing a corset. The white, unstained pants made him look more lanky than usual, and of course did the understood effect of making him stand out, even in the darkest of rainy storms.

@Kinarymo

Rohan did not reply, just nodded his head lightly while the woman next to him - presumably his second in comand or something - subtly glared at Neo in a way that seemed to tell him he should be more than grateful her king had shown even the tiniest bit of mercy by not letting him turn into a human popsicle right then and there. Guess Roshthans weren't all that big on mercy and compassion.
The hooded man on the other hand, was busier checking out Neo's appearance with hidden eyes. The king hadn't changed too much physically, but he did seem a little happier to some degree now that his old husband was gone. Rohan hadn't necessarily distrusted Neo's claims the old man was treating him badly, just felt very bothered about continuing a relationship with a committed man - back in his country such a thing was basically a violation of the cheated partner's authority and he clearly did not want to get mixed up in such a scandal. But that did not stop him from finding Neo just as attractive as he had been the first time they met - damn, that waist was still a snack. Such a nice wrapping for such a sneaky character.

@tungsten fastfood

If not for being the under in this situation, Neo would personally chew out the woman in front of him for disrespect for even thinking about looking at him in such a way, but thankfully no one here could even come close to reading his mind. Neo tossed his head, his hair moving in curls around his ears. The hairspray or styling method they used for him had washed out, leaving it long and fluffy, tickling his warming ears and the back of his thick neck.
Neo glanced away to try and see out of the icy shield, squinting a little to help. No other figures were walking through the rain towards them and the locked doors of the building, and that was to be expected since it would be a good fifteen minutes until the event started. Neo would rather spend those fifteen minutes digging himself a grave than sitting here in (literally) frosty silence. He didn't let that show, though, shifting under his despair and forcing his shoulders and chin up in a usual show of nobility and pride. He wouldn't allow himself to be intimidated, despite feeling way more embarrassed about this whole thing.

@Kinarymo

It was perhaps best the woman could not hear thoughts, or there would have been some agressive word exchange between the two.
The bigger elk began to grow impatient from just sitting there without doing anything while looking at this other man sharing their space. Rohan raised a hand to gently pet the animal on its furred neck, in an attempt to soothe it, surprisingly gentle for someone who wasnt particularly soft. The animal simply held a very special place in his heart.
"Eager to make an early entrance?" the man finally broke the silence, still petting the elk gently.

@tungsten fastfood

"I came early to help set up," Neo responded throatily, glancing at Rohan once the silence was broken, his eyes flitting to the elk stirring. Such a large, beautiful animal and bringing it to such an event must have been stressful. He started wondering where Rohan and his companion were planning on putting these elk, but then realized his brain was really wandering away from the problem at hand in an amusing gesture of procrastination.
"I suppose you haven't seen anyone on your way over?" Neo asked sharply after being lost in his own thoughts for a few moments, glancing back outside to keep an eye out. "I don't see anyone around here, and you'd think someone would have come early to open the doors." He huffed out a cloudy breath, still shivering a little bit in the cold despite his proud posture.