forum Fantasy poly couple anyone?
Started by @Elder-God-Jacks347
tune

people_alt 56 followers

@Elder-God-Jacks347

Okay so I have these two new characters that I really want to do something with

We have a very tired mage (who specializes in healing magic) and his impulsive ADHD bard boyfriend

Please someone let me do something with my new golden retriever boi and his unfortunate companion

@callycat

Fiori gave the sword another swing, form more structured this time. More serious. It wasn't often that he sparred alone, but the movements came to him easily: parry, dodge, and thrust. His footwork was clean, almost graceful as he began to really move.

"I don't want it from you." He did. So badly it stung his pride. He was supposed to be better than this, supposed to be honorable, but Levi was right when he said he didn't know how to care for a sword. He was right when he said Fiori did. "It's yours. I couldn't possibly…" He paused, giving the sword in his hands a yearning look as he swung it in a wide arc. The words died on his tongue. "…I just couldn't."

(Here! It's a little short, but it's about the kind of response you can expect from me content/style wise.)

@callycat

Thanks so much!! Honestly I'm not normally so fancy, but I really like the character concepts so I figure I'll be putting in some work to make stuff good!

@callycat

But anyways, before we jump in, I've got two character Ideas that I feel might work—there's either the flirty warlock with ~daddy issues~ or the big sword woman who's a total puppy dog. Do you have a preference about which one I use? I'm not so good at juggling multiple characters at once.

@Elder-God-Jacks347

Another day, another wild goose chase through the woods after the constantly disappearing love of his life. Fen could not catch a break.
"Archer! Slow down!" Fen huffed, trying his best to keep up with his much more athletically trained boyfriend. "Can't! You speed up!" Archer laughed, leaping over branches and roots on the worn path towards the next town, making sure his instruments were still secure on his back.

@callycat

Ori laughed as he followed after them, doing his best not to fall too far behind as he methodically made his way through the thick woods. He'd joined with Archer and Fen about a week ago, and ever since it seemed like life had become a never ending hike.
"You're awfully bold to criticize him when you're the one leaving me in the dust, Fen. You two are ridiculous, don't you ever slow down?"

@Elder-God-Jacks347

"I can definitively say that after three years of chasing after this idiot, the answer is a solid no." Fen turned over his shoulder to flash Ori an apologetic smile, brushing his messy red hair out of his face.
Archer popped out from behind a tree, pouting at Fen. "Hey, that's mean! It's not my fault that you two are slow."

@callycat

"It's not our fault you can power walk at a million miles an hour!" Ori raked a hand through his hair, pushing the messy blond curls out of his face, and was pleased to find couldn't keep the amusement out of his tone. Archer was annoyingly fast, sure, but he was fun and cute and it was surprisingly difficult to feel anything but warmth for him no matter what he did. "Set a pace us mere mortals can follow or you'll get lost again."

@Elder-God-Jacks347

Archer stuck his tongue out at the two childishly, his bright green eyes narrowing as he came back onto the trail. "That was one time, you didn't have to bring it up." He mumbled, dipping his head to hide under his sandy blonde bangs.
Fen rolled his deep blue eyes. "It has definitely been more than one time. This is why I need to get you a leash." "I'm not a dog, Fen!" "With the way you act, you might as well be!"

@callycat

Ori laughed again, the points of his too-sharp teeth gleaming in the light, and reached over to pet Archer's ducked head the way he would a beloved pet. "There there, puppy." His voice was teasing, but ultimately lighthearted. "Don't get too upset over it, we all know Fen's right."

@Elder-God-Jacks347

"That doesn't mean he has to point it out!" Archer's head popped up to pout at Ori. Fen leaned over and kissed his cheek. "Give it a rest Arch. We need to get to that town before nightfall. Now come on." Fen readjusted the hood of his cape to cover his pale freckled skin and started back on the path. Archer watched Fen go for a second, his tan cheeks tinting pink before he bounded after him.

@callycat

Ori just grinned back at him, amusement dancing in his dark eyes. "Well if he didn't point it out, you'd keep arguing, and then we'd be stuck here in the woods when all the beasties come out." He glanced up at the sky as they started moving forward again, checking to see how much daylight had left. "We've only got an hour or two before it gets dark, and the monsters aren't going to appreciate your music the way Fen and I do."

@Elder-God-Jacks347

"Oh come on, the animals love my music!" "Yeah, the animals. If I have to save your sorry ass from another nymph colony, I'm leaving." Archer gasped, clinging onto Fen's arm. "No, please don't, I love you!" "I know you do, I love you too but you're still an idiot."

@callycat

Ori watched both of them bicker with far too much fondness, content to walk half a step behind and let the lovebirds chatter. Normally he'd be the one clinging to arms and getting attention, but Archer had cornered that market long ago and Ori wasn't going to get between such a happy couple. "Yes, yes, you're both very in love, can we keep going? You're both going to get us stuck here all night, and then I'll be the one who has to do the rescuing."

@Elder-God-Jacks347

"Hey, you're the one with the actual defense magic, at least you'll be put to good use." Fen chuckled, taking Archer's hand and starting towards the town again. "Should only be a little while longer. Then we can check in with Dilena at the inn and she'll be able to get us some dinner and a good room for pretty cheap."