forum Jules Verne Classics
Started by @Kevin-Arthur-is-Gentleman
tune

people_alt 73 followers

@Kevin-Arthur-is-Gentleman

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea was my favorite book when I was 15. I just got Journey to the Center of the Earth and The Mysterious Island, and I'm excited to read both of these… especially since I've heard that Captain Nemo makes a reappearance in Mysterious Island. Anyone else like any Jules Verne classics?

@steeeeeee

I read Around the World in 80 Days as part of a challenge (choosing this title as it seemed the shortest). What sticks out to me about Verne's writing is that it's not afraid to be whimsical. The author has a balance between a book written structurally and at a reading level for an older audience without losing the charm of stories we typically don't see at that level. If I had the time, I'd go back to look through some more of his classics but even with just the one novel, I am absolutely in love.

@sock group

Mysterious Island was pretty good! Yeah, Captain Nemo makes a reappearance, which was cool. I liked Journey to the Center of the Earth (the movie was okay) and Around the World in 80 Days, and have attempted to read Five Weeks in a Balloon. I'm also thinking of reading Eight Hundred Leagues on the Amazon. :)