forum ENCOM OS-12 | OxO | Closed unless you're a fellow Program/User/ISO | Stalkers get a free Light Runner
Started by @murphysgirl
tune

people_alt 62 followers

@murphysgirl

Uhhhh okay let's go brrr

Name:
Gender/Pronouns:
Appearance:
Allegiance (white suit, orange suit):
Preferred Weapon:
Vehicle:
Personality:
Backstory:
Other:

@murphysgirl

Name: Nora
Gender/Pronouns: Female, she/her
Appearance: Tall, long-legged, skinny. Sharp chin, large, dark, liquid, beautiful eyes. Almost constantly wears a ponytail. Her hair is hot pink. She wears a white suit with white piping, á lá the Sirens.
Allegiance (white suit, orange suit): White suit, white piping.
Preferred Weapon: Skilled with a light staff, good with a disc.
Vehicle: Red lightcycle
Personality: Smart, efficient, and independent. Shields her emotions after what happened to her in the past; isn't open to relationships. Is trying to take down the remnants of Clu's regime singlehandedly as a vigilante (whose name I have yet to decide).
Backstory: Former Siren until she was reprogrammed to do bartender work at the End of Line Club. Grew close to Zuse and Gem, helping them smuggle ISOs out of the city - until they betrayed her. Thanks to them, her friend, Kaira, an ISO, was killed. Current owner of the End of Line Club, or what remains of it.

@FanfictionFanatic group

Beautiful! I love her already.

Honestly, I can't help but make my character a little bit of a vigilante/former vigilante as well. Though he's going to be more of a behind-the-scenes operative. I’ll explain more in his backstory.

@FanfictionFanatic group

Name: Cor
Gender/Pronouns: male, he/him/his
Appearance: slightly taller than average height, short but messy rich dark blue hair that can almost pass for black, surprisingly bright electric blue eyes, lithe but still muscled build, and a sarcastic half-smile.
Allegiance (white suit, orange suit): white suit with blue-green piping but wears a black “leather” jacket.
Preferred Weapon: light disk
Vehicle: light green light cycle, can pilot a recognizer though.
Personality: seems quiet and a little distant but is really more reflective and a bit cynical. When he's nervous or in trouble, he tends to snark off. Though overall he's kinda lonely but doesn't think he's up to making new friends.
Backstory: Cor is a search program and messager though during Clu’s regime he became more of a pirate/hacker. (kinda like the original Clu from the first few minutes of the first movie… I think 😅). He had a best friend/sister named Tetra who was an artist and was somehow both calculating and impulsive. The most impulsive thing she ever did was join the resistance as a shelter for ISO’s until they could be smuggled out to safety. Though someone somehow found out about Tetra’s involvement and Cor hasn't seen her since. For all he knows, she could have been taken to the games or straight up derezzed. All he has left of her is an ISO armband that he wears.
Other: He’s good at encrypting and decrypting information. And while he's trying to adjust to the Grid being mostly free again, he’ll still take an odd “job” occasionally.

@murphysgirl

"Good cubes," Nora said, frowning around at what remained of the End of Line Club: little more than a shell now, the roof broken, gaping holes in the floor. Wind gusted through the place, making her bangs fly into her eyes; she scowled and shoved them aside.
"We should have most of the structure fixed within five cycles," said Kama, a mousy little construction program. She was standing next to Nora, clutching a screen to her chest. "It will take around fifteen cycles total to get this place back to fully operational."
"And how much do you want for it again?"
Kama checked her screen. "Five hundred bits should do it."
"Five hundred bits?" Nora said, whirling on Kama, who shrunk back. "For a fifteen-cycle job? I wouldn't pay two hundred. You either do it in ten and I pay you the five hundred up front, or I pay you two-fifty now and pay you the rest after you get this place going again. If you do get it going again."
Kama, clearly frightened, nodded. "Yes, yes, yes, of course - I'll tell the workers -" She bustled off, clutching her screen to her chest like a lifeboat.
Nora sighed. It was bad enough she had a double life to lead without people like Kama screwing things up. In the sudden absence of a leader, and the government falling apart, The Grid had been going haywire. It had been hard enough being a vigilante in the first place, and that was before half the Black Guard had resigned and the other half had hardly been on task. She was down to stopping petty thieves instead of disk forgers and program smugglers. And it made her antsy. She needed something to do, someone to yell at.
"I'm going home," she announced to the construction programs, who were now working at double speed thanks to Kama's frenzied instructions. "By the beginning of next cycle, I want at least half the floor fixed or none of you are seeing a single bit."
The workers nodded assent; Nora headed for the elevator, which, mercifully, had been repaired, and headed to the ground floor. There was a fairly passable bar there, and she ordered some energy and sat at the counter, idly watching passing programs.