forum Sherlock, Anyone?
Started by @John-Mulaney-Killed-Princess-Diana group
tune

people_alt 59 followers

Deleted user

Hi, I'm a fan! This show is responsible for like 90% of my internalized homophobia but hey, why stop liking it just because of that? breaks into hysterical sobbing.

Deleted user

I mean, I have internalized homophobia in part because of that show. It means the show kinda reinforced my self-hate for myself. But I still like it for god knows fucking why lol.

@Kevin-Arthur-is-Gentleman

bursts through the door

Sorry, I—
I heard Sherlock and I came as quickly as I could.

I have a mild extreme obsession with the TV series. My bedroom is completely themed in Sherlock and has been since I was 16 years old. I have all the books and, though I haven't finished them yet, enjoy what I have read. I also have about three Sherlock video games for my old Xbox 360, which I find quite addictive.

Deleted user

When Robert Downey Jr. and Benedict Bandersnatch were in the same Avengers movie, it was a lost opportunity to have neither of them say to the other "No sh*t, Sherlock."

I think the modern day adaptation was very clever in some parts (21st century Watson being back from military service in Afghanistan, again…; Baskerville hounds involve genetic engineering) but, hrmm, in some others…Which I guess is the thing about media and especially adaptations. I have a relative who was put off by it only because she's into the historical aesthetic, like "If it's not late Victorian then what's even the point," which is fine, for someone to know what their bag of tea is and what Not My Bag of Tea is. It's not as though any adaptation of a work means that other adaptations or interpretations can't exist anymore. Late Victorian Sherlock Holmes canon still exists. 21st century Sherlock Holmes exists. Enola Holmes exists. Asian-American Watson exists. Herlock Sholmes exists. Jill Bearup's cosplay pseudo-trailer crossover with Doctor Who exists. All of these can coexist, and here's to future adaptations of a classic.

@spacebluelily language

Female John Watson exists. Um, Studio C version of Sherlock also exits.

I heard Sherlock and I came as quickly as I could.

Yeah, that's pretty much me whenever I hear people talk about Sherlock. It can't be helped, seeing as I have a…mild obsession with the show. I've watched every single episode over and over and even went as far as to take screenshots of certain parts of the show.

I also have about three Sherlock video games for my old Xbox 360, which I find quite addictive.

There are Sherlock videos games?? I- I didn't know that. I only knew there was a BBC Sherlock cluedo…

When Robert Downey Jr. and Benedict Bandersnatch were in the same Avengers movie, it was a lost opportunity to have neither of them say to the other "No sh*t, Sherlock."

It was. Many people were disappointed ngl. Though I did hear (actually no, it was confirmed) that the Russo Brothers considered doing it, but then scraped it.