forum “Papa can we get ice cream” **what did your father say?** “He said no” **then why are you asking me?** “cuz he’s not the boss of you” **...go put on shoes, we’re buying ice cream.**
Started by @Fenrir
tune

people_alt 57 followers

@Fenrir

I just want a cute gay couple who have kid(s) yet still find ways to show each other affection. I’m fine with doing any take on this (maybe fantasy? Maybe mixed cultures? Superhero’s and villains?) I want to keep this LGBTQ+ but it doesn’t have to be m/m I’m absolutely fine with any combination!

• no smut
  • please give me something work with (this is going to be more of a slower rp, slice of life ish but I hope to amp up the stakes later so I get it if full paragraphs aren’t possible
  • be kind, I suck at grammar but I try my best to make responses at least readable, no judging
  • let me know if you wanna drop out, of are leaving for a bit I get it, don’t worry!
  • have fun!
    -template will be up soon!

@Fenrir

Awesome! Here’s a template! We’ll integrate he kids as we go. (Was kinda thinking of having an older teen and a younger child)
Name -
Age -
Sexuality -
Appearance -
Personality -
Aesthetic? -
Occupation -
Likes -
Dislikes -
What they liked about their partner that made them initially fall in love with them -
Quirks -
Other -

@Fenrir

Name - Rowan Nicolaus
Age - 30
Sexuality - very gay
Appearance - Rowan has short, wavy black hair, typically untamable but he doesn’t really care much. He has lightly tanned skin and green eyes, usually eyes in eyeliner. If he’s feeling bold, he’ll do a bright color instead of just black. He stands 5’10, he has a bit of muscle but is relatively skinny. He’s usually dressed in darker clothing, some would call it goth or punk but he doesn’t really consider himself that. He just likes darker clothes
Personality - despite people thinking him goth and with that, moody and non approachable, he’s actually really sweet and loves being with other people. He likes to see other people happy and loves to give and receive affection. He can get protective of his loved ones and would probably be the one who would scrutinize his kid’s romantic partner for quite a while before he would fully trust them
Aesthetic? - goth/punk but it’s just darker colored clothing with some pops of color
Occupation - sue chef at a local restaurant
Likes - loves his family, a close second would be affection, chocolate anything. his job, animals, interacting with people
Dislikes - people assuming anything negative of him or his family, horror, his father and their relationship, public speaking
What they liked about their partner that made them initially fall in love with them - he first fell in love with Etaku’s passion for his art, then when they started to feel more comfortable with each other, his patience for appreciation for those around him.
Quirks - he’ll doodle on any surface allowed when thinking hard about something.
Other - has a tattoo on his arm of a dragon in a background of the pride colors

@probablypolnareff language

Name - Eraku Niko
Age - 29
Sexuality - extremely gay
Appearance - Eraku has short, extremely fluffy hair that is dyed a soft blue on the left side and dyed a dark brown on the right side (basically half and half). his eyes are a soft grayish-green, his nose and cheeks are covered in freckles, and he stands at 5'1, with a seemingly-fragile, skinny build. and, in terms of skin, he's pretty pale. as for outfits, he usually wears clothes depending on what he really feels like wearing; and if he's not doing that, he's probably just wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. comfort is everything to him. and for shoes, he usually either wears high-top sneakers or platform boots.
Personality - Eraku is very softspoken and anxious towards people he doesn't know/people he doesn't trust, but when he opens up to someone, he actually comes off as very obnoxious and even a little stubborn.
Aesthetic? - his aesthetic varies, but he mostly sticks to pastel-themed things. he's definitely got a softie aesthetic going on.
Occupation - freelance artist (works from home)
Likes - collecting shiny things, his friends and family (at least those he feels comfortable with), drawing stuff for his loved ones
Dislikes - horror stories (he gets spooked by stuff that isn't even overtly creepy, so horror stories would make him go absolutely nuts), when people he loves dearly either drift away from him or he loses contact with those who he cares about a lot
What they liked about their partner that made them initially fall in love with them - Eraku particularly fell for Rowan because of his compassion, as well as his sense of honor
Quirks - he has a habit of biting his fingernails and his lips until they begin to bleed, and he also tends to tune people out when he's drawing
Other - he has a birthmark on his outer-right thigh that is shaped like a star

@Fenrir

(Very cute!)
“You do know I’m terrible at math right?” Rowan said, looking over the worksheets his daughter had brought him. He ran a hand through his hair with a sigh and stood, nodding to the dining room table where the girl had been doing her homework. Their eldest daughter was now a freshman in high school, and they already were giving her precalculus.
“Dad, please? It’s not bad, I just get confused on a few parts.”
He sighed softly and smiled down at Valerie, never being able to resists her. “Alright, show me your notes.” He instructed, finding a pencil and blank sheet of paper to write down the problems. He sat at the table and scanned over the pages of notes she gave him, arching an eyebrow at how many pages there actually was. He twisted the ring on his finger as he read then looked at the worksheet. “Alright, let’s see what we have here.” He smiled encouragingly and write down the example on his own sheet, asking her to slowly go through each step.

(thanks!)

Eraku walked towards the dining room table, carrying his large drawing tablet and the pen that came with it. His hair was a mess; more than it usually was. He sat in one of the open seats and messed with his hair a little, then set the drawing tablet and the pen onto the table before looking at Rowan and speaking out, "I heard a commotion; something about math. What's up?" Eraku was kinda good at math; he had a basic understanding of it, for the most part. He took pride in doing math when he was in school, and he used to enjoy it until high school rolled around. But now, he understood it more than ever, since he kinda needed to in order to earn money from his job. He tapped his fingers against the table, apparently bored. He hadn't gotten any commissions for his artwork in a few days, so that's probably why he was so bored.

@Fenrir

Valerie hopped up from her seat and hugged Eraku before showing him her problems. “Precalc is hard. I don’t get what we’re supposed to do Whalen we get up to there. Daddy has the notes but those didn’t really make sense with what Mrs Della face us.” She flopped back in her chair, and looked over what Rowan was doing, seeing that it was similar to what she had done on her worksheets. Rowan tilted his head, brows furrowing in confusion. “You either did it right and are overthinking or we both did it wrong.” He said with a small laugh, passing the notes and what he had done to Eraku, raising his hands in defeat. “It doesn’t look right but I don’t know where it could go wrong. You try, love. I think you’re more much better at math.”

Eraku returned the hug, then took the notes and gave the problems a closer look. "Sure thing- Hmm… I don't remember much precalc, but I think I can help at least a little," he admitted. "I guess this can be a learning experience for the lot of us." Eraku then began to explain the problems he somewhat understood, occasionally glancing at the notes sheet to make sure he was on the right track. He made sure to go a bit slow so that he didn't go on a fast-paced tangent while explaining the problems. He eventually got through them all and then shot another glance at the notes. After that, he picked up his drawing tablet and placed it on his lap, leaning far back in his chair to where he almost fell.

@Fenrir

Both Valerie and Rowan stood from their seats and glanced over the work that Eraku has done, then compared it to what they had. They marked what they had done and Val copies a few extra reminders into her notebook, Rowan helped her finish up, letting Valerie do out the problem then checking over the work with what Eraku had done, occasionally asking for him to repeat a few parts that they still didn’t really get or a different way of doing the problem that was simpler to the notes.
She eventually finished with a proud smile, and pressed a kiss to Rowan’s and Eraku’s cheek before racing’s upstairs to change. Rowan watched her go with a smile of his own and stood from the chair with a stretch. He sauntered over to where Eraku was seat and wrapped his arm around his wait, resting his head on his shoulder. Watching Eraku draw had always been fascinating to Rowan, the way he made seemingly meaningless lines into something beautiful always caught his attention. On the off days that he wasn’t at the restaurant or busy with the kids, he’d pop into the bedroom that both occasionally used as a work studio and just watch him draw for hours.

Eraku smiled brightly when Valerie kissed him on the cheek, and he quickly grabbed the pen that works with his tablet and began sketching out a figure that looked like a more detailed version of a stick figure. He felt Rowan wrap his arms around his waist and rest his head on his shoulder, and his smile mellowed down a bit. He added a layer to the drawing once he got through with the sketch, and he began to sketch the details of the drawing above the guidelines he had given himself. He had a nagging feeling that Rowan was watching, but even so, he didn't really mind. In fact, he liked it when he watched him draw. It felt kind of reassuring to him, for when he would lose motivation; knowing that Rowan is willing to watch his drawing process showed him that it was good enough to be watched. He would occasionally try and shoot glances at the other, though the angle they were both in made it hard for him to do so, so he would just continue drawing.

@Fenrir

Rowan smiled softly and pressed a kiss to Eraku’s shoulder. He straightened but didn’t move far, only behind Eraku so he could comb through his ruffled hair, gently detangling any snags there was while still watching him draw. “Another slow week?” He asked softly, glancing towards the shelf where they kept Eraku’s prints. The stack’s has barely shortened since the beginning of the week. He offered a small smile and gently tilted Eraku’s face away from the drawing tablet momentarily to drop a kiss to his lips. “We should probably get ready to pick up Phillip. You know how Adams t he is about dessert night.” He laughed softly and kissed him again before heading to the bedroom to change out of his pjs.

Eraku nodded as he kept drawing. "Art block has slowed down production, and not many people have asked for commissions for a while," he replied, leaning his head back a little. He then moved his head back to where he had it before he moved, and continued his drawing; starting the line-art and finer details. He was incredibly fast with his drawings; he could breeze through sketches, line-art, and flat colors with ease, which was good for the most part because it meant he could push his prints out faster. That's what had made him popular for a while, but Eraku had begun to believe the hype was beginning to die down. "And yeah, you're right. We probably should- Don't want him to get upset." As he spoke, he had begun to start saving the project file he was working on, then turned the drawing tablet off alongside the pen, and set them both down on the table. He stretched his arms out in front of him and slouched down into the chair. He moved some hair out of his face and continued to slide further down the chair until he was completely off of it. He then got up and dusted himself off. "I just have to brush my hair real quick." And then Eraku headed off toward the nearest bathroom.

@Fenrir

Rowan chanced into and black v neck shirt and black jeggings that had chains hanging off the side of them, something usual for his style and, as the lady from the daycare had told him, less threatening looking to the kids at the daycare. He threw on a black jacket and ran a hand through his hair, brushing it aside until he was satisfied with it. He went out into the lounging area and flopped down beside Valerie who had changed into leggings and crop top. He poked her sides until she warred husband hand away with a smile. “You’re so mean to me! I’m not a child.” She said with a smile, resting against him as they waited for Eraku. “Oh really? If I’m correct, which I am unless it’s math, you’re a child until 18. And in this house, you’ll always be our kid.” He said. Her smile became soft and as she nodded, curling up beside Rowan. “Ya know they’re gonna say something about the chains, right?”
Rowan shrugged “eh, it’s not like they can do much about it.”

Eraku got himself ready, brushing his hair and changing into a soft pink sweatshirt that had some sort of logo on it that had begun to fade, paired with a skirt that was the same shade of pink as the sweatshirt, just a little brighter. He washed his face and stretched his arms out. He also put on a tall pair of white platform boots, just to feel a little taller. This kind of fashion was common for Eraku, but he did sometimes get started at by some people; those people most likely being conservatives who are wondering why a man is wearing a skirt. But he didn't care nonetheless. He buckled his boots and began brushing his teeth. Once he was through with that, he exited the bathroom, stretching his arms out once again. "Phew."

@Fenrir

Rowan and Valerie stood and pulled on their shoes when Eraku came out if the bathroom. Rowan smiled softly at Eraku before pulling open the door and following the two out the door. Rowan has let Valerie walk ahead, of course within his line of sight. The girl had always liked to run ahead and explore, despite them living in the same place for a few years now.
“Daddy, papa, do we always have to eat dessert outside?” She asked, jogging back to them and walking with them.
Rowan tilted his head “I mean I guess not always. Why, did you have something in mind you wanted to make at home?”

When Eraku got out the door, he started walking backwards towards their first destination rather than walking forwards. He placed his hands behind his head and listened to them talk, though he didn't say much, nor did he really contribute to the topic they were discussing for a brief moment. He just kinda went blank, what with him walking backwards with his hands placed behind his head, he clearly didn't know what to say- And he wasn't really one for conversation, especially as of late, with all the work he's been doing and has been trying to do.

@Fenrir

Valerie shrugged “I dunno, just seemed fun to do something at home since you’re always at the restaurant and papa’s been working on his art. We could do something like a cake, like the ones you make at the restaurant!” Rowan smiled softly and nodded “yeah, we defiantly could. We can but the ingredients this week if you want and make it on Thursday.” He offered, gently pulling at Eraku’s sweatshirt so he wouldn’t crash into another person. “Whatcha think?” He asked Eraku with a smile

Eraku removed his hands from behind his head, shrugged, then placed them back behind his head. "Yeah, that sounds neat. If we're doing a cake, I could probably help with decorating it- I may not know how to bake without almost burning the house down, but I can at least help make the cake look as nice as I think it's gonna be," he replied, looking up at the sky and planning out cake decorations and designs in his head. It was clear that he was going deep into thought- either that, or he had begun daydreaming. He does really like cake, so he's probably daydreaming.

@Fenrir

Valerie smiled and nodded, running ahead again as they approached the daycare building.
“You okay?” He asked softly, walking beside Eraku as Valerie made her way in. From the large windows, they could see Philip running to his big sister Andy giving a tight hug.
“You’ve been…distant lately. Is thins because of work or something else?”