forum Repetitive Annoying Glitch-- Getting Worse?
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 56 followers

Deleted user

So, I was on the Sad Boi Hours chat, and every post just said "It isn't your fault, Just bad timing lol Shrug," and like… I'm sleep deprived and this is probably stupid but it was a weird little glitch. Has this happened to anyone else?

Deleted user

Yeah, it all seems to repeat on a lot of threads, and I’ve noticed that the times have gotten a little funky as well? Like I’ll be in my PMs, and say I got something three minutes ago. I click onto it and it would say five minutes ago.

@StarryWolfy flash_onCrazy Procrastinator

I've had this on multiple PM threads, where all of a sudden all the posts on the thread are identical unless I refresh it a bunch, exit and go back, or quote, or edit one of the messages…

Deleted user

hi, um yes.
i was looking around and i saw the same comment repeated by various users…i was so confused

@RedTheLoveless

It has been occurring to me as well, to the point where an entire page of a chat was just "Oh, mood" repeated by different users, including myself, of which I did not write

Deleted user

I have to refresh it multiple times and sometimes click off the chat altogether to fix it.

@StarryWolfy flash_onCrazy Procrastinator

I justclicked into here to see what you (@andrew) said about it, and all I saw was the glitch.
To be honest I think personally it's been happening more frequently…

Deleted user

To be honest I think personally it's been happening more frequently…

I agree…

@Rainy_is_back

Yeah- it’s becoming a lot more frequent. I clicked on it and all the responses were the same. It’s annoying but we just have to wait. Not much we can do about

@Rvan group

This seems to be getting worse, at least for me oof. I’ve been trying to respond to some rps in my pms (usually the glitch happens there for me, I haven’t had the glitch happen outside of pms yet) and now it’s not only one comment repeated but there’s plenty of comments shuffled around and in the wrong order, some repeated a couple of time, some repeated throughout a page, and some just at an incorrect place. And usually I only had to refresh once, and now the refreshing isn’t really working for me.

Thank you for looking into it Andrew!

@Young-Dusty-the-Monarch-of-Dusteria group

Still happening….took me three tries refreshing the page before things went back to normal. It doesn't seem very likely, but in case this somehow starts corrupting actual thread replies, I'm starting to copy down my favorite rps off-site as insurance lol.

@Eldest-God-andrew health_and_safety flash_onAdmin

The issue is in caching, so no data will be lost anywhere. The forum devs are aware of the issue and several other sites using the library are having the same issue, so we're banding together to try and trace it down and fix it.

Thanks for your patience; it's fortunately just a display issue so some refreshes should fix it, and no data will actually be lost. Just super inconvenient at times.

@ElderGod-Carrots

It's currently happening in one of my PM's. I've refreshed the page, replied, gone out of the PM, replied to another PM and gone back in but it's still glitching… and it's only on one page of it, too.

@Kinarymo

It happened to me last night in multiple places. I had to refresh it more than 10 times because otherwise it just stayed the same or just switched the glitched phrase