forum *Deep inhale* Google what the hell
Started by @Lavy-the-Nerdy-Sci-Fi-Birdy
tune

people_alt 41 followers

@Lavy-the-Nerdy-Sci-Fi-Birdy

Sooooo, I’m creating a motto for a company and decided to translate it to Latin (cuz why not).
The motto’s ‘Our future awaits us among the stars’. Google’s translator gives me ‘Futurum expectat inter sidera’, and because I don’t trust google, I run it through Latin to English. It gives me ‘Among the stars expected future.’
I’m really rusty on Latin, otherwise I’d just do it myself, but is there a clearer Latin translation?

Deleted user

I could possibly ask my Latin teacher to translate it for you, if you'd like?

Deleted user

Great! I'll be able to get it to you maybe around 2:30 (EST) when I get home from therapy? But I have her class before I leave, so I'll be able to ask.

Deleted user

Hi, sorry! I'm working on the translation myself, but I'm a bit busy atm, I'll get back to you soon.

@DreadPirateRoberts group

Okay, so I love Latin and have taken it for years, so I think I'm qualified to answer this. Of course, it's been a year since I last took a class, so feel free to get it checked over by anyone else who speaks Latin. Still, I think it's pretty solid.
My best translation is: Futurus nostri in sideribus nos expectat.
If you want macrons, that is: Futūrus nostrī in sīderibus nōs expectat.

@DreadPirateRoberts group

(Unfortunately I don't have Instagram. Sorry. But there's no need to feel obligated to credit me, anyway. I'm always happy to help with Latin problems, though, so feel free to ask about any other stuff you need translated!)