forum Monthly One-Word Prompts
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 61 followers

Deleted user

Considering we all have lives and such, I figured it wouldn't be too terrible to have one every month.
I have a few random ones that I've worked with in the past:

• Deadline
  • Sparks
  • Cage
  • Fresh Fruit
  • Fear
  • Transition
  • Magic

And the one I'm currently doing is
Hope
So… You can join me or whatever. Share you stuff if you feel like it, and I will as well. You can interpret the prompt however you want, and I'm not restricting you to anything.
So… Have fun.

Deleted user

Alright….
Well…. New month, new prompt.
(I really don't care what you do with these. Just write stuff.)
February's prompt is –

• Redemption

Have fun as always.

@Bandito

(I don't know why no one's doing anything, these are pretty good)
Redemption

Seleane's face was passive. "It doesn't matter anyway. It's too late. I've done too much."
Chimera shook her head strongly. "It doesn't have to be. Stop denying yourself. You know you're not who they tried to make you into, you always knew that. The only reason you didn't stop was because of them. You can change everything, every single thing you've done, if you just face yourself."
"I killed people. I murdered them. I murdered millions of people - I burned them, I drowned them, I cut off their heads, I ran them through with swords, I swung them off cliffs, I starved them in the sun, I hung their corpses under our Tree, Chimera. Tell me, can anything atone for that? Anything under the sun?"
Chimera did not look away. "I don't have to tell you because you know already. Anything with the power to hurt has the power to heal."
"I think you are wrong, Chimera," Selane said. His voice dropped just a fraction. "I think no one could forgive me. I am a monster, and everyone knows."
"Look at me, my fool," Chimera said quietly. "Look at my feet, my tail, my claws, my ears, my fangs. One at a time. They belong to beasts. But now, look at me as a whole. I know you don't see a monster. You see me. If you focus on each of your actions, they also seem to have been done by a monster. But you need to step back, Seleane, and see through your eyes, not theirs. You are only a hurt, scared boy. I am only a lonely, rejected girl. We acted like such. I forgive you, but you need to forgive yourself."
"I don't know how. I don't know how." Seleane sat down, face still emotionless. The crystyl burned softly behind them, outlining the dark elf's pointed ears and the chimera's long nose with pale blue. "Can one single spell cast off the gilt of thousands of other spells? It can't be that simple!" He buried his head in his hands.
Chimera slunk to his side. "It's not a spell. It's a cry for forgiveness."
Seleane did not seem to hear her. He stood up abruptly and moved toward the crystyl. His hand reached out and cupped it gently, dimly reflected in his solid black eyes. His lips parted, haltingly whispering his plea.
"It's redemption."

Deleted user

Ohohohhohohhoohhoohho
Nerve wracking.
But yeah. I did something like this earlier in the year and the end of last year, and no one seemed to like them so I deleted it. Yet I wanted a place to post mine, so I made it again.
I’m glad someone was capable of showing up :3

@Bandito

Thanks!! Seleane is a favorite character(possibly because he's one of the few I can successfully draw lol) :) also how do you delete a discussion?

Deleted user

…., um….. you just delete it? If you created it you can delete it. But yeah.
I don’t usually use these, but they just sorta help with character development maybe.

Deleted user

I’ll post my entry a bit later in the month just because I’ve been super busy lately

Deleted user

Well never mind then
Never should've restarted it and I regret everything I bump

@Bandito

Does it look like it's doing any bad?
Man if you're feeling depressed just talk/rant, don't just give up and delete this post or you'll start to give up on everything

Deleted user

I already have
I lost faith in that dumbass general chat where everyone mentions depression once every 5 posts and it makes me just want to crush my phone in my bare hands
People are already starting to ignore me elsewhere
I'm just a garbage person and no one has been on this thread in what? A week? 8 days (because I'm too lazy to count as I am in every other aspect of life)?

@Bandito

Then unfollow that chat and do something that actually helps or gives you some pleasure. Of course everyone gets what it's like to be depressed, we all are sometimes, but they don't really get you so either try to explain it more(de or start looking for someone who comes close. Or stop thinking about it and start thinking about another way to start fixing yourself
A garbage person would never make this thread and I've been refreshing this page because I want to see what your entry is.

Deleted user

I'm in the process….
And I did unfollow it.

The writing is slow – I worked on it yesterday…
It's for a fandom….. Idek..

@Bandito

Then I'm glad
Seriously
Pointless things may seem, so I personally would say the fastest way to feel a tiny bit better about yourself is just to go help someone else
Cool what fandom?

Deleted user

Yeah
Although there ain't much people to help that I can talk to much anymore…

Oh.
Hm.
It's for the EarthBound fanbase (which is spectacular :3)

Deleted user

….
Then don't say anything
I don't know
I'm still probably might delete this anyways just because there really isn't any point in it.